EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

Am curious if any green names can give us an update in the teams thought process and current issues with the earlier proposed but cancelled EoG changes?

Are they being scrapped? Adjusted? Is it just a delay? Do you need more feedback on community opinions? Are you worried of upsetting too many players?

Would be nice for an update on where you are currently.

Thanks.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Last I knew was it was being delayed. Likely had some more internal work to fine tune the changes.
    • Like x 3
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

their last announcement was sufficient enough and answers this.
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/artifact-changes.327354/page-4#post-4574752
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/artifact-changes.327354/page-6#post-4574928
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

Could be tomorrow if there's a Game Update for the Spring Seasonal.

The testing thread looks pretty dead. I assume things are finalized and there's nothing left to discuss. We're just waiting at this point.
    • Like x 2
  6. Stag Active Player

I need that update to come out tomorrow so the game can finally feel fresh. They better release those changes
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I saw someone trying to get feat groups together the other night saying 'Get your feats before they kill EOG on the 11th'....so not sure where he got that date....but I don't think it was Mepps or a dev shouting...so maybe unreliable?
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Honestly I hope they stay binned because unless they're prepared to go through and properly re-balance the game based on the consequential expectations this artifact has placed on damage output then nerfing it only serves to do as much damage as having it there in the first place does.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The fact that is happening should ring alarm bells about the merits of doing it.

That same mentality or sentiment expressed by players when it also comes to things like "get your feats before they go clamped" is equally true of the same thing.

If people are of the view that you have to get the feats before they're clamped, because they're harder clamped then the clamp is not functioning as it should.
    • Like x 7
  10. Proxystar #Perception

11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well to be honest, he might have just been using it as a selling point to get people to join his feat group. That's not a bad tactic.:D

I 100% believe that people crammed in a bunch of feats to get them done before he clamp started. Not sure how many DME no death calls I saw or bounty spam groups...but it was more than AFTER. No death and speed feats are for sure harder with the clamp if for nothing else than the bosses hit harder and burn is slower. I thought those were the things that were by design. Isn't that one of favorite rebuttals... 'but if you go unclamped....no feats' ?

I'm sure sure who you even are, ProxyGPT...but whatever you did with Proxy...keep him there.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I don't mean before the clamps existence, I mean now. If people are scrambling to get feats done in that window between when the DLC is 3 old and when it moves down to EEG, because it's perceived as being more difficult when clamped then that shows the clamp is broken and not working as intended.

The EOG itself, since it's the topic at hand is a factor in this equation, nerfing the effectiveness of EOG will absolutely have an impact on EEG content, anyone telling you that they're not relying on EOG, as it currently exists, to get a bunch of the sweaty feats, is not telling you the truth (this applies in both EG and EEG)
    • Like x 3
  13. Dene Devoted Player

They prob saw the 11th being talked about (right now it looks like it is a possible date for a name reclaim) so they just went with that as the update date too lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Imagine being so jealous of a casual. That's okay, that's precisely what's ruining Xbox's community as well.
    • Like x 4
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gotcha. I do think the 'easiness' drop off exists between the day before and day after....mainly in Elite content...but even a bit in reg. I ran TSD E std slightly before the change....Ran it once since and it was a mess...but that was a different group, so not a 'controlled' test. FF and FVR were crazy easy right before the change...still pretty much the same, if not a touch harder/slower. LLL I hardly ran prior to the changes...so I can't say. WV might be the only one where it feels noticeably easier...especially the solo...but I've always maintained they went too far in that content.

Which is maybe what they did with the 1st pass on EOG too. Personally I don't spam EOG, but I use it. I don't classify any of my healers as 'EOG healers' but I use it on all but one. I use 5Ks and 10Ks if I use it on DPS and generally am pulling from my own power tree, not iconics...so I'm not 100% sure I'll mind the changes, assuming they come. If I do, I guess I'll be swapping next 2x XP in 5-8 months.

But yeah, it is a thing that is used...and maybe ABused... to get sweaty feats or run endgame elites. It's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of E+ (or at least SP in E+) as E+ seems like a response to all the 'over and above' factors that some groups can take advantage of...like EOG spam, swapping and any other 'advanced' tactics. Yes...it's great that those types of players have a challenge. I'd like them to have fun too...we all should have fun. But one man's fun is another man's 'impossible'.

It would be interesting to take the 'best' players in the game, ones who'd knocked out things like TSWE+ no death or something...then have them go in with the condition of NOT using things like swapping and EOG spam (like only have 1 SC on their bar). I'd be interested to see if it's the player or those conditions that was the bigger factor.
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I can't think of a single feat besides Proma's Anguish that will really suffer all that much from it. I want to say the COUE speed feat as well... but I think it would still be pretty easy. TSW in general will suffer though.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

She tried it lol.
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This attack on Proxy is uncalled for, and an apology is in order.
    • Like x 4
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's ok because he said "lol" after. You can say almost anything and if it's followed by a 'lol"... it's automatically non-aggressive and you're being dramatic for being upset over nothing. Obviously.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

People in the upper end of this game are supposed to be a hive mind, when someone dissents from the group think, it's seen as outrageous, and lashing out occurs.

The truth about the EOG can be uncomfortable, they all know they're relying on it. Once it's nerfed they'll make sure that new content is developed properly, but they won't care about the train wreck being left behind in its wake, cause they've already got everything they relied on its use for ;)
    • Like x 3