EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Add stake well done to the mix, I'm getting sick of people saying this is difficult. It really isn't. Throughout my DCUO playtime I've done this feat easily 10+ times with different groups. Never used EoG, and never had to run more than 3 attempts at it after my first.
  2. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

How about you up the stakes, Twitch live stream (no selective video editing) none of your friends either who will use precision gadgets, electricity and artifact swapping, which we know they will.

Do a live stream with randoms from LFG, zero EOG, zero artifact swapping and you're not allowed to know a single person in the group.
    • Like x 3
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

He's testing the difficulty of the content. Not how bad the average player is at DCUO. We know how embarrassing that result would be.
    • Like x 1
  4. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

If it's so easy, he should be able to go with randoms
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I am not an 'elite' player and, with help, understanding of mechanics etc I have gotten plenty of Elite feats - Took many tries and took time and patience. Elite/Elite+ do not *need* EOG they need people focusing, learning mechanics, learning from mistakes, solid understanding of their powerset etc etc

Awhile back some on here convinced me to try EOG healing.. I did it a few times then gave up.. In my experience, EOG circles are a magnet for people clumping together like cheap mascara and causing more trouble than any added numbers ever could!

That is a lot of conditions that you *know* will most likely fail

EOG or No EOG, the above conditions would make most feats a mess, let alone more difficult ones - Ironically, I bet he could do it.. a bit of explaining, maybe some voice chat coaching etc and it could be done..but I bet that would be a condition added later.
    • Like x 2
  6. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

These are regular elite feats not elite+ feats.

The content is older than 12 months, most people getting these feats are doing it with other random, average players.

My challenge was for him to do it under the terms of a more common reasonable scenario, not one he stacks equally in opposite terms in his favor.

Aren't we trying to test how reasonable it is?
    • Like x 1
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Fair enough, maybe i'm wrong, but I always thought Elite feats were inherently designed to be more difficult, they were designed to encourage maximum skill, maximum cooperation etc etc and not necessarily designed to be easy with your conditions.. as in that is their purpose.
  8. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

They do get a lot easier as we progress though.

The conditions weren't difficult they just represent what average players encounter when going for these feats.

Putting together a group of hardcore artifact swapping gadgets players to show it can still be done to rub people's faces in it makes for great content clicks but its not helpful and misses the point.

As the content ages it's not about those elite players anymore it's about the average player.
    • Like x 2
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

By the time that the average player has no easier feats to go for than these particularly touchy ones... he's probably not an average player any more. They've also probably been around long enough to have found a decent league that works for them.

It sounds more like you're trying to get him to test under your particular circumstances instead of the average player experience.
  10. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

Keep dancing.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm more of Pub kind of guy... and besides... I'm taken. You're going to have to find someone else, sweetheart. Sorry.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is a thread about EoG changes where do powersets and art swapping come from? and what kind of randoms from LFG are you queing up to do Elite feats with? You send me the money for players to switch to another powerset and then back again afterwards and then we'll see lol
    • Like x 3
  13. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

Power imbalances and artifact swapping are an alternative reliance that will be used by the group when EOG is gone, I don't think it proves much to say you did it without EOG when you stack your group with gadgets or electric players all artifact swapping dead king scepter, philosopher stone and six other random artifacts they can clutch.

I don't know what server you're playing on, but groups are forming for elite feat runs all the time, not everyone is running old content with the games elite super chads, especially old content.

I'm not asking for you to form a group with your skilled friends after using a power change token, no one needs to pay for anything.

I'm asking you to form a group in LFG with nobody you know, people who just want to have a try at getting the feat, tell them they're not allowed to use EOG and artifact swap and then see how you go, or just do it anyway, see how you go, make some valuable content, better yet, stream it.

If it's about reasonable balance in old content then those random groups forming in LFG should have a decent chance of getting the feat without relying on certain types of meta builds, if you can't beat it in a reasonable time with randoms, or beat it at all, especially without EOG, then you'll have answered the question.
    • Like x 2
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

So you're suggesting that difficult feats should be achievable by everyone and anyone? No, group synergy and group strategy are extremely important when trying these. What you're saying isn't a representation of end-game feat groups. I will pug easy feats that need no mic and no coordination, but not the ones OC listed. They require specific things to be in place that are not powerset specific.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

That's not at all what I said. I never said the randoms had to be idiots, I just said they should be random, unknown quantities.

If they play competently, but not necessarily follow the meta then they should get the feat, easily so, if things are working correctly.
    • Like x 2
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

So then do you have a problem when a player summons henchmen before a boss fight and then switches to another trinket? because that is the same thing as swapping artifacts, you are changing your fixed loadout to gain an advantage. Inventory swapping has been around before you even started playing DCUO, in it's current form is artifacts rather than your utility belt. Just because you find an issue with swapping obviously intended swap arts like DSK or Stone doesn't mean that is a gameplay issue. Powerset imbalances have been around as well since before you even knew what DCUO was, there are 15 powersets now if they all offered the exact same damage potential in every situation then what is the point to having 15 powers? just to have different colours lol? This thread/conversation is related to one artifact alone that has been causing continual issues for all facets of the game and there isn't a point to change anything else in the future until this underlying issue has been addressed. For players to complain that feats are made for EOG or that they will be impossible without EOG just shows how utterly complacent the community has come that they don't know how to deal actual damage as a role outside getting unlimited supercharge and free stacking damage procs.
    • Like x 4
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

people communicating in a MMO the audacity to suggest such a thing lol :D
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How's that Poison Ivy video coming together?
  19. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

The days before artifacts were pretty good. Wish we could get back to that. For now I'll continue to log for my daily and swiftly log out.
    • Like x 2
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I've been ready to do it, was looking to see what other changes they would make. Hate making follow up ones like a week later
    • Like x 1