EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I've heard that the feeling is mutual. Oh, and "LOL!"
    • Like x 4
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if i were a mod id give those players a day or two suspension :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

our whole league goes for feats in EEG all the time and none of us run EOG. we do just fine
    and to the players perceived view that its needed is just for weak minded players with little skill outside of cheeze is what I would call those players.. not aimed at Proxy but those players.. *get gud scrubs* :p
    • Like x 2
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea ever hear of the golden rule.
    might want to look it up as you could definitely benefit from it
    • Like x 2
  5. Warped Discord Moderator

Last I heard, they were planning to release the changes with the next game update. So far, we’ve only had server hotfixes but no actual game update yet. They have to fine tune some things before releasing it first.
  6. Warped Discord Moderator

Likely just speculation as the name reclaim is planned for on/around May 11th and the name reclaim will likely involve a game update as opposed to your typical server hotfix. And it was stated that the EOG changes have been delayed and were planned for hopefully the next game update so it’s probably just someone assuming that it’s going to drop along with the name reclaim - which hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The EOG changes are still slated for our next game update. The name reclaim is not a game update.
    • Like x 12
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This. All of this.
    • Like x 6
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the info...still sounds like 'SOON' though.:D

Can you comment on whether or not you've considered how the EOG changes...in whatever form they end up on...might impact previous 'high difficulty' things? The EOG HAS been a factor in successful groups in that content for years now. Not that it was planned or a conscious decision, but the content has adapted with it in mind. Someone pointed out the 'Proma' feat for an example. I'm not 100% sure it's even feasible once that is removed/lessened as a factor.

Are there plans to look backwards and make adjustments if any are warranted? Not everywhere, but on the most extreme content/feats at least?
    • Like x 3
  10. Warped Discord Moderator

Ahh, good to know! Thanks for the clarification!
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Even if its not impossible, which I'd dispute is the case simply on your word, always keen to watch videos of things like Omega Level Pardon with zero EOG's going off in the group at all or even a COUE speed feat with no EOG's going off.

What we're talking about here is still an unreasonable level of difficulty for something that is no longer particularly relevant as explained earlier, again it's not there to provide a challenge enduring into perpetuity, it's the wrong mindset and it's no wonder these anti clamp threads and the like persist.

If people aren't going to start acknowledging the root cause of the friction and problem it's not going to improve and it's certainly not going to go away :)
    • Like x 3
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't get why you're so stuck on the idea that "it isn't meant to be like that!". It's pretty obvious that you're mistaking your opinion for fact here. How could you possibly know that it isn't simply meant to be that difficult? It has been two years... can't imagine that it would take much time or energy to nerf if they wanted to. Also... it isn't uncommon for RPG type games to have incredibly difficult enemies earlier on that you aren't meant to beat when you first get access to them. Call me overly optimistic here but... maybe... just maybe... it's intended. Shrugs.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Content was never not doable without EoG, so nothing should change there in terms of general scaling. Players on test also didn't test stuff with the perfect EoG setups all the time.

Dmg check feats may have to be adjusted, which will be a live-test and may occur at a later date if said feats are impossible while clamped.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Because none of it is consistent, when the stat clamp was first sold to us, it was assured that we would continue to feel growth and continue to feel strong in content that was in EEG, those were the words used.

None of elite content is even consistent either, if in fact the clamp was intended to to preserve the original challenge into perpetuity like you clearly assert, which I deny is the reason, why is that approach not consistent across elite content more widely.

If you've run a lot of EEG content, as im sure you'll have, then you know full well the discrepancies that exist between each individual instance.

If the desire was to preserve the challenge into perpetuity then all instances would be of consistent difficulty, but they're not DME for example is easier than CTE, PANE is a joke, as is ZOOE.

Therefore I reject your premise that it's intended to be that way because that assertion is not consistent with what we see in game.

The actual reason is that little care is ever given as to the tweaking of individual mechanics within certain instances that become exacerbated by restrictions brought on by the clamp.

The desire with which is shown to go back and look at any old content is effectively zero with all focus placed on new content instead.

The EOG nerfs will make these feats harder that is utterly indisputable by anyone looking at the actual evidence, so feats that are arguably already on the border of what's probably already reasonable are destined to be made harder simply by virtue of nerfing an artifact, all players are relying on.

The prospect of therefore adjusting one while ignoring the other is not a reasonable one.

As I said though, I'm skeptical the feats or instances will be looked at, I think they'll be left until people start getting rowdy and upset about it, or I imagine they're hoping people will find that other way not to rely on it, or perhaps they're hoping the nerf won't be too great, who knows, time will certainly tell.

Broadly though, I do not support any feats in EEG content that requires the group to even remotely be close to meta, even in elite, I think the players should be sensible, but they shouldn't be sweating to get things by virtue of an artificial system limiting their ability.

I support the clamp broadly, but I don't support that
    • Like x 3
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It certainly wasn't an assertion. It was more of a "what if they threw the elitists a bone" kind of thing. It's one old raid that's hard and a cool thing to shoot for. There is alternatives for renown. I really just don't care that much about everything being exactly the way I want it based on my own personal idea of what "should be". An exception to the norm that is interesting at least. About as much thought as it deserves in my humble opinion.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

If you're hoping to build a proper robust system then consistency is important that is what makes something an outlier, when it doesn't match the levels of consistency the system demands of it.

You might not care, but that doesn't make the view that consistency doesn't matter, valid, it of course doesn't.

Consistency within the system is fundamentally important.

Outliers should be fixed not ignored through apathy.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have no proof of this, so don't bother asking, but I'd guess that every group that's finished every run of E+ or knocked out any of the most difficult feats HAVE had EOG spamming in the group....probably multiples. Watch any youtube video on feat runs for the harder content or feats and they are going off like fireworks. Heck most standard elite runs have 2 or 3 in a group. I'm not saying they are a requirement, but if they have been constantly used, you can't say they weren't actually needed.

And yes...I was mainly talking about damage check, or maybe even 'no death' feats, as they are usually the hardest to get without taking advantage of everything you can...and 'everything you can' is about to change 'soon'.

I was asking Mepps as he'd have the actual answer...not to be rude, but you wouldn't really know unless your name is green. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, and no adjustments will ever be made....but it IS just a guess.
    • Like x 3
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Outliers should be accepted just like the fanatical Star Wars geeks today. I still haven't seen a single movie and I've broken many hearts.

Let's do CTE together. Maybe we can even invite the old league that kicked me. Apparently saying "you're gay af" isn't acceptable. People have feelings. I'll try to respect that.

It's my second favorite boot. Last night some guy was being overly criticizing and I was trying to turn it around with funny positive vibes. I came at him about padding his pick ups to look good. He had like 20 to everyone else's couple in the new raid. They actually kicked their top dps over it. My proudest boot to the rear.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No, outliers shouldn't be accepted, they're a game bug or imbalance like any other requiring a fix.
    • Like x 3
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...I gotta ask. How do you 'pad' your pickups? I mean unless he was the healer, and letting people intentionally die just to pick them up. If he was a DPS or Troll and doing pickups...even if he got every one possible...how is that a bad thing? You'd rather him leave the body and maybe someone else doesn't get it? If a DPS, maybe he knew he'd probably be low DPS and was trying to do pickups as to leave you to stay focused on topping the board (you know...for that 'most dps' feat so many chase).

Hmmmm. More dps numbers for you, so I'm not sure how you would object?

You sound like the guy who ragged on me in the seasonal today because I didn't do much damage. I didn't do much damage because I was on a low level farmer and ran from tech to tech running cogs and the smoke wasn't down once...quickest run I've been in for years. Guess I was 'padding' my cog turning stats?
    • Like x 4