Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

But you're really stretching for some of those. For instance, I've gotten to and past round 10 with every type of tank. There is no content that you can't take any support role. There are clear downsides to some powersets versus others, but for the most part, everything is pretty well balanced. The difference between Tanks/Heals and controllers is that every non-troll role has a chance to play content differently. If I get bored with Mental controlling, I could switch to Gadgets, but what's the point when I'll play it the exact same way. It's why my Tank and healer toons have 7-8 respecs each and my controller toons have stayed the same for 5 years.

I totally get what youre saying, but those differences really add to the enjoyment factor for different powersets. If you've played Rage, Ice is completely different. If you've played Nature, Electric is completely different. If you've played Mental, you'll still be hitting 1 button for POT, spamming your brawling to shuriken combo and instant power. No reason to have multiple of the same role.
    • Like x 1
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This^
  3. Pults Loyal Player

This is what I disagree with. I pointed out factors which I dislike about each of those powersets I avoided atomic and ice because those two powersets offer great survivability in any situation where's fire, rage and earth are one trick ponies excel in one scenario and fall back in another. Whilst the mechanics do offer variety majority of tanking powers are situational.
    Also anything up to R11 is very easy. Did tigons SM with rage, did FOS SM with earth, tried FOS SM on test with fire, atomic and ice. Everything is fine and dandy until CR differential starts to kick in (think 15-20 CRs above yours). That's the breaking point for rage, for fire outside of block, for atomic if getting juggled.
  4. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I am not really worried about the damage I do when I troll of heal...my main focus is keeping people in power or alive....ok, I am a troll mostly so my main focus is keeping people in power, debuffing, doing pick-ups, working consuls, doing crown control....LOL

I don't even really care about an AM for the support roles, but at least a little faster power regin for trolls would be nice...maybe a buff is we are soloing for raids.
    • Like x 1
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I feel like Support roles need slight adjustments and an entire update for each power individually. The updates need to go back to its original cadence of an update with mild tweaks that have noticeable impacts rather than th ones with radical sweeping changes. I feel like updates have been providing expansion level tweaks to powers that wouldn't happen in other games. Hopefully have the mid range dust settles updates can go back to a number tweak here and there or maybe a change in how a specific ability in a power set functions.