Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

No.
    • Like x 3
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Ok just no
    That seems really helpful what's your idea that could help balance the game and make all roles feel just as important as others
  3. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Look up my posts. I have offered solutions.
    • Like x 1
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I agree! Power regen! And dps shouldn't be scared because the support damage will never be as high as theirs. But still adding a little damage can sometimes win the fight when the tank is alone and everyone died. Can even be a healer and troll. Makes you feel awesome and it happened to me. lol Saved the group killing the last boss as tank alone. (Alert)

it has to be done carefully too. I don't know maybe half the regeneration the dps get? Even 1/4. So the trolls still feel useful. But when the troll isn't there, we have power regen to keep the group alive. And we need power to do that.
    • Like x 1
  5. krytine Loyal Player

The sys
    The system was set up originally with the game you had a vit troll and a dom troll they have always had it that way but the community has only wanted 1 troll for raids but it was designed that way
    • Like x 1
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

That's not true. "Dom" Trolls were never a thing. People would say that they were, but it was never necessary because you could always hit the minimum dominance with however much gear you had, and that's all you ever needed.
  7. krytine Loyal Player

The minumum was never the standard one troll took care of debuffs and the other took care of pot both had recharge and then both worked on damage and Dom trolls we always a thing if you don't remember then have someone check your memory to make sure your ok or you have not been play since t3 and t4
    • Like x 1
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I was here at launch. Dominance has never had to be above the minimum. That was always reachable by having the entry level gear with a few SP allocated towards dominance. Dominance has only ever effected your ability to CC an enemy in an instance, nothing more. Regardless, both controllers always gave power and did debuffs anyway. Dominance controllers weren't a thing. You specced to the min and that's it.
  9. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Dom trolls were laughed at. There was no point.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

"Dom" trolls were a false misconception of people that believed more dom meant stronger debuffs. It was more of an excuse to give trolls that modded incorrectly leaverage over the unwanted criticism of why they weren't using vit mods.

That's all it was. They were never actually a thing.
  11. krytine Loyal Player

Incorrect the formula for increasing your Dom makes stuns last longer and debuffs as well but the number is extremely small and unless you went extremely high in dom it wasn't very effective and normally you would only notice it with adds not the boss but my point was if you had 2 trolls one went vit and damage the other dom and damage then you would have a better constant flow of power debuffs and stuns and the reason trolls did that was so one troll did not over ride the other trolls pot. If you remember any pot cast even if it was by a troll with a lower vit would over ride the others. There is two ways to play a troll in this game experiment with it and see for yourself and it does work. Or don't it doesn't matter to me but the troll power was designed to work this way one vit and damage the other dom and damage just very few in the community want to try this they don't see the point or don't want to deal with it
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Not by all and it works well in concert with the other experiment sometime and see that's all I have to say
    • Like x 1
  13. krytine Loyal Player

If you read again what I said instead of jumping the gun I had said focused on vit for one and Dom for the other then both would spec into damage each would still give power but the had one doing more stuns and debuffs the other was doing more power this allowed different loadout and play styles and would allow them to put out some damage and yes I am aware most in the community did not do it that way egos got involved and more support roles wanted to do things solo more burn was needed because dps weren't that good and did not work as a team which is what this game was built around. No one role was meant to be solo in an 8 man event the same was meant for tanks to but support roles did not really help in damage much even though they could have especially back then when stats mattered and back then trolls did more damage then the average healer or tanks
    • Like x 1
  14. Pults Loyal Player

You're overgeneralizing things. Sure tanking powers offer variety of playstyles but most tank powers are situational and the flaws they have make some superior to others.
    Rage needs constant excessive power usage to stack the health buff against adds it's the most effective and least likely to die but on solo bosses the healthbuff is limited and often you receive more than you can take in. The only shield rage has for the 2 seconds without rage mode breaks after few hits. Rage crash cancelation it very precise which means in some content it interferes with the mechanics. Hence you rarely see rage tanks in SM or even less in other content compared to other powersets.
    Fire and earth tanks are dependent on the healer. For fire the self-healing in pve is minimal. No single target pulls, no cone pulls, control-resistance is on a power that juggles adds and costs a hefty amount of power. Health outside of block is minimal with CC from NPCs you are in big trouble. If you're low on health with fire the best thing you can do is block and wait for the healer to kick in. Using a soder or healing abilities is too risky outside of block with low health (Ice can pop a shield and it mitigates damage even on low health meaning you're less dependent on healers). Also only two healing abilities with long cooldowns (other powers with healing effect aren't as useful) if both of them are on CD there is nothing to mitigate damage with vs ice that can pop a breakout that mitigates damage even atomic has PR for those "oh noes" situations.
    For earth graspping hand sometimes doesn't pull but instead locks the target in his place also longer CD than lasso, aftershocking with JH can land you on your back also no protection whilst using it on bosses (adds get juggles bosses do not). Dependency to healer is great. No indication of mitigation when using JH. Did I get 18s, 12s or 8s? Under pressure you often forget to count.

Whilst controller powers offer little to no variety (except HL) they all work great in any situation which I can't say the same for tank and to some degree healers.
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Bad burn and lazy dps stacking because they are afraid to let the mechanics work is why we have 5111.

They say it's speed. It's not.

They are unskilled.

So they must outburn the mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

It's funny people don't know this.
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Good lord those are some run on sentences.:confused:
    • Like x 1
  18. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

They be aye.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This was obvious on the first day of BBS. For some odd reason people struggled to break the pods in time, even after knowing you had to break them.

It baffles my mind.
    • Like x 1
  20. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

After careful consideration I do believe that they need to work on support roles next. I believe that they need to start working on phasing them out so that we can become one big happy Damage Inflicting Family :)
    • Like x 2