Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

2. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Is DPS having a clear advantage (power regeneration), the game working as intended? I'm not saying all roles should have power regeneration. I'm saying no role should have power regeneration.

Me when the support role update is announced.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

I do want to point out that the desire for being a damage dealer has nothing to do with ease of use. It's not any players fault how this game has decided to be developed.

People gravitate to that role/class/stance, cause when the hell was the last time there was a leading character, in any type if story, that was a Healer, Tank or whatever a Troller is?

None.

People play RPG games to create characters and play them out. Not many want to sit in the side lines and play a Support style character.

Not only that, but another big part is the pressure of being a Support role. Are people dying? No matter what, that's the Healers fault.

Are the adds/boss attacking the players too much? TAAAANK!!!

And so on with low power in this particular game.

Every games focus, from Mario to GTA is about damage and violence. The stuff we can't do in real life (hopefully).

Bottom Line (where'd that guy go?): Damage class characters will 101% always out number Support no matter what. And if you really think about it, there's absolutely nothing that needs to be changed with Support stance in this game.

Especially since you are not intended to do Solo content in Support stance.
    • Like x 4
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

At an in depth look, the roles are imbalanced all in and of themselves. But Im not gonna go into a dissertation on that. Too lazy atm.
    They do indeed need a look.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

See I couldn't tell you I am one of those weird people that know what power I get as I kill the adds and calculate the rounds of my weapon mastery till I can let loose another wave of powers. All the time using crafted items or soda if I fall short of the mark. I really never noticed a huge regeneration of power without the thoughtful process I place into it. Then there are those times like the WOD duo or SS Solo that I really only use power on the bosses because I didn't need to waste my precious power on such low life adds. :)

You may have a point I just don't know from experience what it is lol.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Which is why this game should have never had support stance in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  7. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

It didn't I wish people would quit saying it, damage has been thoroughly proven as the intended role. Anything else is an Alternative role. Nobody makes anyone play those roles they are there if you want them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It never had roles in the og inception. You could do everything with one powerset.

Despite me saying I love playing as a healer because it allows me to be more flexible and study what's going on mechanic wise, people wont get it through their head that there's more to the game than "kill it with fire".

I will never see eye to eye that non damage is inferior. They do damage as a byproduct and they keep everyone alive. That's what's they're supposed to do but it's been taken away slowly by other things.

I hold no ill thought toward DPS but I don't love the role either. I just hate the "oh you're inferior and beneath me since you play another role", mindset that can come with it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Would make for a very interesting game!
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

In inception each power was self sufficient like dps are now. DCUO2 might have that with 2 AM for each power.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If there's a dcuo 2. I personally dont care for that kind of play.
    • Like x 1
  12. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I'm gonna assume you play Sorcery or Earth, you regenerate power with weapon attacks and are not constantly spamming powers. Most powers only use the loadout tray. With out power regeneration they would be dry in seconds, or need to use a weapon/have at least one troll in the group.

Or no damage stance. Integrate damage role into the other 3. Then everyone is a DPS and a support role at the same time.

[IMG]

Content used to make you play support roles, because more were necessary.
  13. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

You are correct I am earth. And the second part is mechanics, that is a whole different beast. lol
  14. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Power regeneration is a mechanic.
  15. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

See I am old and confused at time I meant like the mechanics of an instance that you need to block. It took me long enough to figure out the weapon mastery lol
    • Like x 1
  16. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I couldn't imagine being new and having to figure out WM. Especially with little info in-game about it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. darkscarletx Loyal Player

When a healer might not heal others: not enough power from troll.
    When a tank don't hold aggro, maybe died because not enough power, not enough heal, aggro drop.
    And troll, well they die really fast.
    This is not one person's fault. it is a teamwork where everyone work together. Sadly the dps role show that you only work for yourself. Not many block, pickup, etc. So the devs added support but most are selfish.
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

They aren't going to do much to support till they figure out a way to get support players to feel they need to change powers almost every month like they do dps.
    • Like x 2
  19. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Yeah well I did ask alot of questions though
    • Like x 1
  20. metalfenix Committed Player

Ugh, one thing that would help to the support roles it's that every WM should get two button presses, not 3, that's what makes most of them useless for the support roles. For example, when I troll on my mental character (rarely, but sometimes I do) I had the luck that my weapon (2 handed) actually had a WM combo with bow using two button presses.

But on my celestial hero, wich used HB, the story is different. Every WM combo I see with HB are 3 button presses. That's long and inefficient way to play, so I had to drift to the common brawling+martial arts combo when I healed and keeping HB for dpsing. Wich pains me because HB are an integral part of my toon's looks and concept.

3 Button WM combos are a waste. And no, using them is not a demonstration of skill at all.