Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Dps got so much attention with this power regeneration and AM. Well it is time for support roles to shine now! People ask so much for support roles, why? Because dps is so easy to do. Support should be friendly and challenging at the same time. Give a way for support roles to have power back because sometimes we don't all get trolls and we just try to do it alone.

I was in SM and asked people why they don't want to switch?
    I got answers like:
    ''I'm scared to let everyone down.''
    ''I'm scared people hate me, leave and trash talk at me because I didn't perform well.''
    ''Support is too hard, dps is easier.''

Stop it with dps please. Think about supports now devs. They are part of the game and important like dps. This is how you created your game, to have all roles necessary.

If some have ideas to make the support roles more fun to play, you can say it. I love to tank, but sometimes the community expect to solo and be a beast all the time without healers, trolls, even if the dps fail, they will blame the support. This is not fun.

Thank you for reading.

P.S. Not asking to support to be easy like dps. Just make them more fun. Having power is what keeps you alive and your team. POWER IS NEEDED EVEN IN SOLO SUPPORT.
    • Like x 7
  2. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Not that I don't agree that support is needed but you should clarify what you want them to work on. "roles" are a by product of the power we choose which is only half of the whole. Damage is actually available to everyone and depending on which power you pick depends on what role you can play "if you choose"

So I guess my thought is that it's up to the player to learn the role that comes with their power if they choose to do so. Some took it easy some don't. It boils down to choice. Realistically there are only 3 support roles, and you split that between powers. Only one is an option on all powers and that is Damage.

I could be wrong, but it seems the game is working as intended it is the players who choose not to learn what else their powers can do :)
    • Like x 1
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Wouldn't people like to see a group ending up with only support and people asking who dps? People should want to support, not only dps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Electric needs fixing first. If you want roles to matter you need to play a different game like FFXIV or ESO. DCUO wont work on support roles until 6+ months from now.
    • Like x 6
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Weapons pet powers mid_range is not done yet, electric and Nature they been waiting forever they deserve to go next.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Support roles are fine what needs to change is power back for dps so we need 2 trolls again, harder hitting content with more splash AoE damage or something so we need two healers. The need to split bosses in some cases for 2 tanks. Stuff like that needs to change not support roles. Making changes to support roles won't make people run them more cause a dps will always put out more damage then a support role.

We need real changes that basically force you to run more support roles not to up the dps support roles do, I assume thats where your going with this. If people were running out of power cause their AM didn't give power back in raids you would see 2 troll runs again real fast.
    • Like x 3
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yes, after electric, nature, pets power, weapons. I don't want to see any more dps updates after. Just next on pc test: Tank Am, healer Am, controller Am.
    • Like x 2
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Even if we need 2 trolls, people will want more dps for more burn. This community have no patience. Better survive to the end than do it fast. Dcuo is only about dps now.
    • Like x 3
  9. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I agree that and so many other things the idea of balancing was to give everyone almost equal footing to perform your roles. (including DPS (Damage)
    No, why would anyone want that. If damage becomes a non option I will become a non payer. Simple you can't take away people's choices based on your wants. ( not directing that in a malicious way)
    Here let me give you a quote from DC Wiki on the powers there are 14 with a soon to come 15th which will equal out the trifecta (All of these have damage (dps) capabilities and are broken up into 3 groups 5 each DPS (damage) is intended not the byproduct.
    FROM THE WIKI:
    Chosen during Character Creation, a player's Powers determine the player's abilities, combat strategy and role in groups.
    Each power set has two ability trees that the player can specialize in. One tree focuses on Damage attacks, and the other tree focuses on the character's alternate role (Controller, Tank, Healer). Players get 1 point to spend in power trees every even level for a total of 15 power points at level 30. Additional active powers can be gained by spending skill points in the character's Movement Mode skill tree.

Fire, Ice, Earth, Rage and Atomic – These power sets have a Tank role option with higher defense, health anddominance. In group content, Tanks are responsible for keeping the group safe by attracting enemies' attention, absorbing their attacks and providing group immunity to control effects.
    Gadgets, Mental, Light, Quantum and Munitions – These power sets have a Controller role option with highervitalization and dominance. In group content, Controllers control the flow of battle by providing group power and incapacitating enemies.
    Sorcery, Nature, Electricity, Celestial and Water – These power sets have a Healer role option with higher restorationand power. In group content, Healers are responsible for keeping the group alive by restoring health to the group members.
    All Powers - Every power set has a Damage role option with higher precision and might. In group content, Damagersare responsible for killing opponents and completing objectives.
    Classic Game Powers

These power sets are available to all players in character creation:
    Marketplace Powers

All power sets are available to members with an active subscription.
    Non-members may purchase Marketplace power sets for access.

Future Marketplace Powers
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Powers

Now I agree to the extent that alot of players have not even learned the mechanics of the game to DPS let alone play the alternate role. But take not that I Made certain things red, bold, and underlined them for a reason. People play this game and or pay for this game for the experience as they see fit. We as players are not required to play with people that we feel are not up to our standards. I don't begrudge anyone trying to learn. People may not like the options that are given to us, but there are options none the less. :)
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Theres nothing you can do to support roles to make people want to run more except change things like i suggested. People need to be forced to run support roles or 5 dps will always be the thing.
    • Like x 2
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Support stance will never be more than a secondary option.

The vast majority will always prefer a damager class/stance.

It's the same in every single game ever created...
    • Like x 1
  12. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

DarkScarletX I do want you to know that I agree there should be a need for more roles, but like Backseid says it seems that most people take the easier of the two roads, I personally hate to tank. I refuse to have two armories for 2 roles, now if they made it all one set of gear I would be more apt to tank.
    • Like x 1
  13. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad guy is a Dps because that is what he does but has nothing but respect and admiration to players that choose to play support roles. If support role people request an upgrade The Iron bull says give them one. They truly deserve it for making The Bad One look good for all of these years. Not that he needs it now but it is always welcomed.
    • Like x 6
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

It will most likely go like this:
    Weapon update
    Sorcery and Earth
    Nature and Electric
    Overall dps review
    Another wave of tweaks here and there for powers
    Another wave of tweaks here and there for weapons
    Support role update

Considering how far away we are from updating electric and nature. Support roles wont be updated until late next year.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Where is the God of War mmo, where everyone is Kratos and can group together?? :p
    • Like x 2
  16. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Here's a good example about support:

A controller giving power to the group but can't give power to themselves. This is the stupiest thing I've ever seen.

Why healers can heal themselves?
    • Like x 2
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Support Roles should not have a power back mechanic. It will get to the point where Controllers aren't even needed (already the case in some situations). Unless of course that is the road the Developers are headed down and they just haven't told us yet.
    • Like x 3
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im pretty sure it's gonna continue.
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I don't want troll become useless. Maybe half the power regen the dps get. But sometimes the community expect to support solo all the time and it can be stressful. The reason people don't want to support. Stress, blame, etc. But the big problem is everyone only want more more more burn.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Fixed that for you lol.
    Jk but seriously, im sick of the DPS attention whoring.
    • Like x 4