Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Who goes into SM w/out the proper roles? :confused: Also if u give support power regen then what are trolls for? And dont say CC/stuns. Any decent tank can handle all of that. Debuffs? They barely do anything. See what i see is u want them to make a change because of u and your playstyle and u dont think about how it will affect the rest of the game/community. This is imo the biggest problem on these forums when players ask the devs for changes.

What they need to do is make more engaging content that encourages people to bring 2 trolls and 2 heals. Problem is if they do that they will probably need to make some difficult content. We all know what happens when they do that. Even with easy content people struggle and ask for nerfs. I dont want anymore dps updates either. I also think its the people u run with. Every 1 of my league mates plays their support role. Friends list too. People that only play dps? I personally could care less. Dps are a dime a dozen. They dont wanna learn support because its too hard? Sorry nothing in dcuo imo is hard. Learn it, get better and like nike says "just do it."
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

U do realize when PoT is up u as the troll are getting that PoT tick too right? Go blow thru your power bar then hit PoT and see what happens.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Right. Remember quantum back in the day before WM/AM? Sooooo power hungry. Power cost was so way out of whack back then too. U could cast 3,4 powers and be empty. But there was clipping so u could cast 3,4 powers in a second. And trolls were supposed to be able to keep up with that? Ugh. Idk who designed that. Thats why people did 3 troll runs. If they would of just adjusted power cost back then we wouldnt have WM/AM or 1 troll runs.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Power costs are still outta whack
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Soft Reboot. Personally, I don't think Daybreak could push out another MMO before the "climate" changes. Not based on past performances.

Daybreak: We finally made DCUO 2!
    Players: Huh, what? Good for you. We'll check it out if we get around to it.
    • Like x 1
  6. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Support? What is that? Did I miss something? Is this an April's Fool thing?
    • Like x 1
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Give all support power regen and damage buffs. I know this scares dps. I don't care.
    • Like x 1
  8. Supergirly Dedicated Player

No, actually you know that if they did that, EVERYONE here would join... just cause it was DCUO 2. Especially if they said "PC ONLY!" :p

I am kidding about the PC only, but I know that it would exclude PS3 for sure.
    • Like x 1
  9. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

No my dear that does not scare me at all :)
    • Like x 1
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Hey! I love to tank! Don't take it away from dcuo. I do both roles.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

me wants the 60% if power activates for them. y is there a -10% dammage for tanks n heals? also, thx to the devs, u can do the AM for quantum with full dammage on the time bomb, but without mana regeneration as troll it is... impossible to keep up with the rotation (exception may be like hardlight, where u can troll with AM rotation) because even as troll, u will get out of mana!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. NewGodAsura Well-Known Player

Dear lord this thread is nothing new. I'm a heal/dps but all i have to say is make sure they can do both before you even invite them to something major. Really? Dps are everywhere? What's new? you people are surprised like a caveman discovering fire even though every mmo has the same situation. If you think the devs really care about this then we are really scraping at the bottom of the barrel. And i find this same roles conversation that's brought up as much as a water release date thread hilarious so please keep going so i can watch ww3 continue in a forum.
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Raise support role damage to 75% of dps and add power regen.

If you get out dpsed by a support role under these conditions with 25% more damage on the dps side you just suck.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wait is there even a budget left to work on such things? I mean electric and nature are last but those are still roughly 6 months away.
  15. krytine Loyal Player

I do agree with some of what you were saying but disagree strongly that support roles are the by product of that power. The byproduct is dps which is available to all powers the more complicated work is support but that is only if you are trying to maximize everything your toon is doing. For the most part dps is an easier thing to do and it's what attracts the largest majority to the game and yes it was far more challenging to dps before each am was made . There are how ever more then 3 classes for support roles if you look how the game was originally designed you had the add tank and the boss or single target tank the powers for those tanks are actually set in the trees for than no one tank is meant to be an everything tank. So if a tank properly builds itself up should be able to do about 25 to 40% the damage of a quality dps not the avarage that we find all over the game right now but quality. Then you have a vit troll and then a dom troll both should after specking to that type of power then should go after damage while doing their role. Not swapping out gear . Then you have healers if all support roles spec into damage as well as their role rememberingto do there job first and add to damage second will make the runs more smooth. It semi with how the scoreboards are set people only look at the damage side of things not at everything that is going on if you change that board then put a limit on how meny people can go dps in a 8 at one time then more players will be more willing to do support roles and if you remember back to about t3 and T4 dps did not do 10x and 20x the damage of a support role yes a dp should do 3 to 5 times the damage of a support role but balance need to be created between supports and dps
  16. krytine Loyal Player

No enough with am
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The only support role that needs love is Controller. The rest have fun mechanics and alternative playstyles. Every single controller plays the exact same boring way. Ice Tanks always have to be aware of how much damage they're taking and how much juice their shields have left. Atomic Tanks always have to be comboing and be aware of their aura. Rage Tanks always have to be aware of how close they are to rage crashing. Nature healers have to make decisions about when to release their pheromones. Electric healers have to always be on the ball when it comes to their heals, and make sure their safety net is always up.

Quantum/HL/Munitions/Gadgets/Mental controllers all throw POT and hit instant power until the fights end. None require any different sort of mechanic. None can do anything the others cant. None give power back differently. This has needed reworking for years.
    • Like x 2
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I created this thread to just address the problem why some don't want to support even though they have their gears and armory. And also ask if maybe some have ideas to improve the support and make them more appealing to the players. Because they are needed and a lot enjoy support. But for those who don't, maybe give something to the support since dps only got attention. This game might be dps centered with updates, but support roles are always needed everywhere in the game and especially end game.

And also, please, if you don't care about support, don't say it should be removed because of whatever reason and dps only matter. Not true. All roles matter and are essential to the game. Just stay dps, but you'll also be the one asking nonstop for support roles in LFG.
    I love to tank and I want it improves too, and see more people enjoy it and instead of being afraid of it.

I'm trying to help the game. If nothing is necessary to improve in support, I'll keep support. But why we always get group with only dps and people are scared to switch?
    • Like x 1
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I always seem to see the troll often going down first. I rarely trolled, just used quantum but I switched. Trolls must have a shield or something to stay alive or if there are none, i find this weird. I agree that all roles should be fun to use, not just repetitive. That,s why I love to tank. I test myself and to survive and help the group.
    • Like x 1
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Their are alot of issues that would have to be addressed to change how things go.

1. Change the scoreboard to a point system that included damages heals power damage absorption pick ups a deduction for getting knockout. And deduct for incoming damage. Supply drops barrels use of shields everything to be all inclusive even when someone goes into your supply drop
    2. Limit the number of how many dps can be active in content. Alerts limit should be 2 and raids 4 if someone else wants to dps then one of the dps must change stance for someone else to become a dps.
    3.balance the damage out from dps to support role to a range of 25% to 50% of the damage of quality dps
    4. Stats and skill points to matter where all gear in the 3 month cycle should be the same cr
    a. Give a higher marine for sp
    5. No real am for support roles.
    a. Reduce power return for dps
    b. Reduce power cost
    6. Promote the 2 2 2 2 in raids or 1 1 1 1 in alerts to receive extra marks