Devs, work on the support roles next please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Truth...I know my quantum is a power hungry sun-va-gun...If it wasn't for the AM I would be power broke by the 3rd power.
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Omg. I just recently bought Hand Blasters from the never Vendor. I guess it's been a little while since I used them. Been slowed down sooo much, I can't stand it.

It takes far too long to get 70 Marks, for me cause I don't play Raids ever single day. What a waste.
    • Like x 1
  3. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

o_O We don't all die fast. my last run in PZR was healer, troll, & 2 DPS. Since I am quite aggravating they made me tank. Took almost 4x the damage as the next person below me and didn't go down once.
  4. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I just often see troll die really fast. Not all, but some seem to not have defense at all. lol

Some ask often why i have no power? Well the troll is down.
  5. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

OMG they were faster at some point. I feel you an marks I do solos duos and not the alerts I used to so getting the marks is hard. But I kinda like the blasters although my ice has a staff and I like the bow that you can use when you have blasters
  6. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree, I would rather Troll...90% of the group runs I do I troll...I like the abuse I guess. But it does get old hearing the 5 (sometimes 6 DPS's when they refuse to run tank) complain they have no power or keep dying...there are 5 sometimes 6 of you all burning, and only one person healing, and one keeping you in power. Really, the healer is (usually) trying to keep you alive, and the troll is (hopefully) trying to keep everyone in power. Just keep in mind when we are running with out a tank, or the DPS's are fighting right up the boss's nose, that healer is spamming his power trying to keep you upright...the little green numbers are not just decorations. As for the troll...yes, we have a large power pool (once again hopefully) to draw from, but unlike the DPS, we don't have a power back mechanic...we rely on POT, our hit counter, colas, & supply drops to get power and weapon mastery to help cut power costs.
    • Like x 1
  7. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree, I would rather Troll...90% of the group runs I do I troll...I like the abuse I guess. But it does get old hearing the 5 (sometimes 6 DPS's when they refuse to run tank) complain they have no power or keep dying...there are 5 sometimes 6 of you all burning, and only one person healing, and one keeping you in power. Really, the healer is (usually) trying to keep you alive, and the troll is (hopefully) trying to keep everyone in power. Just keep in mind when we are running with out a tank, or the DPS's are fighting right up the boss's nose, that healer is spamming his power trying to keep you upright...the little green numbers are not just decorations. As for the troll...yes, we have a large power pool (once again hopefully) to draw from, but unlike the DPS, we don't have a power back mechanic...we rely on POT, our hit counter, colas, & supply drops to get power and weapon mastery to help cut power costs.
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

The support role players are the real elite in dcuo.
    • Like x 2
  9. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Number 2 is correct.
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Yessssss it feels like trolling hasn't changed at all since launch, my main thing is ... You should be able to get through a solo in 10 minutes if it only takes 5 for a dps.. I spend 15-20 in solos because i dont have the burn, i cant heal, and i run out of power! Yea it could just be that im a scrub or whatever but i sure there might be a few with my same thoughts
    • Like x 3
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'm curious of the DPS in that group, were they all using AM and/or WM?
    or some random loadout (a sign or tell that they are unaware of AM & WM)?

Initially I'd suspect they are aware because they were in SM, but with the amount of end level characters around these days that don't use AM nor WM (even an occasional WM *shwing* due to the timing element and server issues lately).... me thinks plenty are unaware. When is the day devs promote AM and WM knowledge to it's new users? Is that left up to the players to do?? So, we begin to tell them in-game and get in reply, "**** you. **** off. I've been playing since beta. don't tell me what to do."

Devs should be involved in promoting new game aspects. WM and AM still not a part of the Tutorial youtube playlist... which all of the videos were made by a user.

VIDEOS
    Tutorial Videos

Due to the new website... maybe a new Tutorial effort will be made by DBG themselves?

(edit: hehhehheh, i wondered what would happen when i pasted that from their youtube page in here. hehhehheh)
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I agree
  14. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I agree. I think they should shape the content around every role rather than focusing mainly (only) on dps.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

As crappy said. There needs to be brutal content with constant mechanics which involve more then 3 support roles. Devs don't want to do this because, if it ain't easy, then no ****ty RBs will sell!
    • Like x 3
  16. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Those of us that know what we are doing at least...LOL :p
    • Like x 2
  17. metalfenix Committed Player

That is true for everything, even dps :D
    • Like x 1
  18. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

19. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

It' seems to be challenging to talk about how "wrong" this is without talking about another MMO.

The Devs need to provide a "comfortable" setting where players can practice their roles. The community is not likely going to provide this so the Devs may need to heavily focus on the solo game. At least until the average players has a enough exposure to their chosen role(s).

Scenario:
    Wonder Woman is your Tank, Batman is the Controller, the DPS is Hawk Girl and your the Healer. Your part is to keep your entire team standing through various missions that will bring challenges that Healers face, from common to rare. By the time players are done with these missions they should have a firm grasp at how to do Duos, Alerts and Raids (yes, 7 other Heroes or Villains at your side).

Bottom Line: Daybreak may need to enhance their A.I. so players can team up with their heroes or villains and support them. Have these missions add to a good portion of the Tiers players currently blow through.

Side Note: Yes, Daybreak will likely need to invest in this. To me, depending on this community to educate players is not a sound move. This game needs something more reliable and more consistent for players to receive help. Dipping into solo play seems to be the way to go about it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Grim931 Committed Player

I think support roles just plain don't belong in a game like this, I hate how they've taken a super hero/villain game and turned it into FFXWhateverCopyPasteBS. This isn't WoW, FF, Everquest, or anything similar and should be treated as it's own category. Instead we're given a generic MMO with a reskin and they can't seem to figure out why they can't get this to work...

Destiny/Division have many problems, but they have the action/RPG aspect done right at least. Devs should learn from it and scrap this because almost nothing has improved since day one gameplay wise. They have actually handicapped themselves while simultaneously teaching the community to dismiss any and all ideas that would make this game better or more interesting.

Move on, create a game that does the DCU justice, because there is no relation in terms of what they do in other media forms (Movies/comics/TV) and how we are forced to play this game. Even the Iconic NPC's are weak and useless (the only exception being Lois Lane?).