Detailed Vampire Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WildPegasusrs, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

My god ! can't believe i found someone that played VTMB here !
  2. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Well if Brainiac or more like batman and Lex Luthor from the future, changed the power by giving it resistence to sunlight, why not remove weakness to fire as well.
  3. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Wait, aren't you the one that did that awesome detailed Darkness Manipulation Thread? i did one myself, long ago, but it's just a basic overall view of the power.
  4. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

They can just change the colors, rage is red, but not blood-like red.
  5. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Awesome idea, to use the enemys own shadow against them. By the way there is a old but detailed post about shadow power from leapofninja: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-controller-power.188976/

I made one myself, but it's just a simple post with a overall look into it. No pics sadly:(
  6. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

That would be a nice plot to get some of the magic heroes and villans together for another DLC, especially Constantine and Papa Midnite.
    • Like x 1
  7. OANGL Well-Known Player

I like this idea a lot very well thought out honestly but if there is a vampire we need a werewolf too.
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

That was LeapOfFaithNinja, he's inactive atm, but I was in his thread allot posting stuff.
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactly
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  11. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Cain is the first Vampire on the New 52?! thats cool, though it contrasts with Cain from vertigo seal. There, he is just a crazy old man that lives with his brothers(though he kills his brother everyday) in The Dreaming Realm.
  12. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Cool, i think we all should keep bringing back the topic about this power, especially after they release Water power. I'm not sure if they have another power scheduled, but we might just get their attention.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Please do!, It'll encourage me to continue also. Leap may also be ghosting and log in. Serums will be the next power, but not until ps3 is dropped next year. I want to keep the Shadow/Darkness thread going so it can be the next controller type power.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-controller-power.188976/page-14

There
    • Like x 1
  14. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Fair enough. :)
  15. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Hi, thnks for replying. I don't know if you saw one of the comments i posted here, but i will redo it just in case:

"Are you sure you not just explaining Blood Magic. This one along with Necromancy, is the magic power Brother Blood uses, which the devs would be more inclined to do, since they make all the powers based on a character from DC Universe."

Brother Blood seems a more likely character they would base a power of. I'm afraid Blood Magic and Necromancy could be seem as evil type of magic. Not sure the magic type goody-two-shoes heroes use it, like Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and Zatanna. Constantine on other hand, being more like an anti-hero, wouldn't think twice about using it.
    There is a chance the devs and DC(maybe), might think those 2 powers as too evil-like to be used on heroe side. So i was thinking if you have an idea, for a white type of magic only heroes could use. That way villans could have a unique type of magic as well heroes, and Shadow Power, being a neutral type of magic, could be used by both.
  16. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I think this is a cool idea...and wouldn't mind it. The Werewolf part I think I read some Vampires could turn into wolves, but they are better known for controlling wolves. Why not change it to where you call a wolf pet?
  17. Ken Spartan Committed Player

This is awesome! It seems like more of a tank power, but it's still viable as a healing power. I think it would be awesome to see in-game. :)
  18. Ken Spartan Committed Player

How'd you make these pictures? :)
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Photoshop. Gather all the existing power icons from wiki sites or power planners. Same for the "frame"on which you'll do some editing and voila.

Here's the background/frame template if that can help you or anyone else interested in doing something similar:
    [IMG]

I guess it can be seen that way just like Blood Magic can be seen as being part of a bigger Vampire powerset a bit like Fauna and Plant are currently brought together under the Nature umbrella. The vampire powerset labelling as the adventage of being a neutral power considering the amount of good vampires showing up in modern era works to balance things out.
    Nonetheless, as for your question of what could be the opposite for heroes of Blood Magic and Necromancy; it would probably be Life power. Maybe even animating inanimate objects bestowing life into them. The thematic there of Blood / Necromancy (bringing the dead back to life) would most likely be linked to Life and in that regard it would be a different direction compared to a "Creature of the Night" power.

Blood Magic could work. Right now I'm pretending that Rage (the second tree I think) is Blood Power for one of my alts whose concept is that of an alien vampire race.
    • Like x 1
  20. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

I see, this topic makes me wonder why fear power was made villan only. It's like all powers can be used by both sides, the difference are the means and the ends, it seems.