Detailed Vampire Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WildPegasusrs, Feb 1, 2015.

1. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

After the mind control powerset (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/detailed-mind-control-powerset.235557/), I also had this one in mind which also uses a lot of in-game content (though a bit less than the MC one).
    The originality of this powerset is that it has two layers of healing. If the group is made of non-vampires, they hardly benefit from any of the vampire healing skills and the vampire user will need to use a Health Dumping skill (like a troll but with HP) to keep his team mates alive. Vampires that are in the team on the other hand will benefit from the full Healing power coming from the Vampire (and yes, one of the skills of this powerset can turn team mates into temporary vampires).

The Vampire powerset is made of two trees: Blood and Night.
    It also has the particularity of inflicting a permanent status of Vampirism to anyone specing into that tree (until a power respec is used). Vampirism is what makes one benefit fully from the healing powers of a vampire but also increase all damage by 20%. However, Vampirism also comes with a downside, all Fire attacks received have their damage increased by 100% on a Vampire power user, extreme vulnerability to Fire to say the least.

Furthermore, for roleplay's sake and gameplay conveniency, let's just say that the Exobytes removed Vampires' vulnerability to daylight.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Users in the DC universe that use this power or some of it:

[IMG]
    Brother Blood

[IMG]
    Andrew Bennett and Mary

BLOOD

Drain
    [IMG]
    [Vulnerable to interrupt]
    Feed on your foes! Deplete their Health while replenishing yours.

Power Interaction:
    Terrified enemies restores more Health

Healer Role:
    Group members affected by Blood Ties receive Healing.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)

[IMG]
    Brother Blood also has a version of that called Blink Drain (though the one above is more vampirish looking)
    [IMG]

Bloodbending
    [IMG]
    Control the blood flowing through your enemies' bodies and pull them toward you.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)

Bloody Breaker
    [IMG]
    Concentrate a large quantity of blood into a damaging projectile.

Damage Role:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  2. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Transfusion
    [IMG]
    Transfer the healing property of your Vampire blood to the three most fatigued members of your group. (Health dumping)

Damage Role:

Feast
    [IMG]
    [35% Supercharge Cost]
    Consumes high quantities of blood from several opponents at a time and restoring your Health.

Power interaction:
    Terrified enemies restores more Health
    Restores Health of group members affected by Vampirism and Blood Ties.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Blood Thirst
    [IMG]
    [Usable while Controlled]
    Indulge in your blood thirst and increase the Critical Attack Chance and Precision of yourself and your group members. 15% Precision increase and 10% Critical Chance to yourself and 3 group members.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)

Thermovariance
    [IMG]
    Make your foe's blood boil.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)
    [IMG]

Bloody Pulp
    [IMG]
    Pummel your opponents in a violent Blood Explosion that knocks down your target and damages nearby enemies.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)
    [IMG]

Life Tap
    [IMG]
    Drain your target's life force stunning it while replenish your Health and the one of those standing close to you.

Power Interaction:
    Group members affected by Vampirism receive 100% of the Healing effect while the others only receive 25%.

Healer role:
    Restore Health to group members affected by Vampirism standing close. Members affected by Blood Ties don't need to stay close.

Damage Role:
    [IMG]

Blood Rain
    [IMG]
    A shower of blood falls on your opponent before exploding at their feet.

Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets (at least five seconds)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Siring
    [IMG]
    [Usable while Controlled]
    [50% Supercharge Cost]
    Turn your fallen comrades into vampires sharing with them your curse and blessings.

Power interaction:
    Affects every group member currently in the process of being revived and not inflicted with Vampirism. Once the animation is over (same time as reviving a fallen member the regular way), all fallen members that choose to revive will be affected by temporary Vampirism and Blood Ties (until respawn).
    Players affected by Vampirism receive an all damage increase of 20% and a vulnerability to fire of 100%.
    Players affected by Blood Ties will instantly die the moment the Vampire that turned them gets killed.

Coagulation
    [IMG]
    Surround yourself with a hard clot of Blood that repels enemy and prevents incoming damage.

Healer role:
    Also surrounds up to 3 group members with a bubble that prevents incoming damage. Damage Prevention = 125% Restoration in Healer Role

Damage role:
    Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets (at least 5 seconds). Damage Prevention = 60% Restoration in Damage Role
    [IMG]
    • Like x 12
  3. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Night

Vampiric Regeneration

[IMG]
    [Usable While Controlled]
    Activate your vampire metabolism restoring your Health over time.

Healer Role:
    Group members affected by Blood Ties receive Healing.

Damage Role:

Bat Swarm
    [IMG]
    Call forth a swarm of bats to attack your target and nearby ennemies, stunning and damaging them over time.

Power Interaction:
    Inflicts Terror to make ennemies vulnerable to Terrified power interactions.

Damage role:
    Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets.
    [IMG]

Turn to Mist / Turn to Bat (whichever is easier to implement)
    [IMG]
    Dissolve into mist (or bats) and leap forward a short distance. Dissolving breaks you out of control effects, prevents damage and compels enemies to seek targets other than you. Damage Prevention = 100% Dominance + 100% Restoration.

Damager Role:
    Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets (at least 5 seconds).
    [IMG]
    Moonlight Emission
    [IMG]
    Cast several orbs on the ground reproducing the Healing effects of dim moonlight even in brightest day.
    Power Interaction:
    Members affected by Vampirism and Primal Wolf receive the full effect of this Healing while others only receive 25%.
    Damager Role:
    Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets (at least 5 seconds).
    Ghoul Scourge
    [IMG]
    [50% Supercharge]
    Transform your surrounding targets into pitiful ghouls for a short time, damaging them.
    [IMG]
    Invisibility
    [IMG]
    Hides your movements in secrecy, enabling special sneak attacks.
    Full Moon Blessing
    [IMG]
    Use your connection to the night and the moon to substantially regenerate Health over time for yourself and your group members.
    Power Interaction:
    Members affected by Vampirism and Primal Wolf receive the full effect of this Healing while others only receive 25%.
    [IMG]
    Bat Storm
    [IMG]
    Bend flocks of bats to your will and direct them toward your enemies to deal a devastating blow. (similar to the Lantern giant punch hitting the ground).
    Damage Role:
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets (at least 5 seconds).
    [IMG]
    Wolf Pack
    [IMG]
    Summon rabid wolves that will tear your target apart.
    Power Interaction:

Damage role:
    Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets.
    [IMG]

Ancient Bat Form
    [IMG]
    Vampire Masters have the ability to take their true vampire appearance.

Healer Role:
    +20% Control Resistance, +3% Critical Healing Chance; +5% Critical Healing Effect.
    All Health and damage prevention effects you trigger are increased by 65%.

Damage role:
    Increases all damage by 50% while in Ancient Bat form.
    [IMG]

Resurrection
    [IMG]
    [100% Supercharge]
    Vampire Masters have the ability to rise from their ashes and enjoy eternal life.

Power Interaction:
    Must be activated at a maximum of 5 seconds before getting wiped.
    Upon Resurrection, full Health and Power is restored.
    If Resurrection is used, Blood Ties are not severed and prevent the other vampires from instant death.

Giant Wolf
    [IMG]
    [35% Supercharge]
    Vampire Masters can take the appearance of a giant and terrifying wolf to tear their enemies apart.
    Power Interaction:
    Buffs: 20% Control Resistance; +25 Health
    +15% Critical Weapon Attack Damage; +30 Weaponization Rating

[IMG]

What do you think? (Would probably need to be a darker red not to confuse with Rage)
    • Like x 24
  4. That guy New Player

Very good and detailed post and I like it, but for the sake of balance, leave the vulneribility to fire out.

However, I can't shake the feeling that you just made a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-noone kind of power, meaning you threw in everything which you liked from other powers.
    It's great and all, but every power should have some kind of trait that makes it unique. (self-transformation for nature, NPC transformation for mental, blink abilty for quantum and so on)
    • Like x 4
  5. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

It's true that I tried to pick a bit of already existing mechanics that could fit into the vampire folklore. Nonetheless there are already some crossover powers in terms of abilities: Sorcery can transform NPC like Mental and also has a Supercharge transforming itself like Nature (or several powers having pet and not exclusive to Summoning of Sorcery). Hopefully it's only taking bits and its main trait would be the damage Health - refill yours mechanics found in the Blood tree. Though you're right, maybe one transformation should be removed not to be too nature like, like the giant wolf and only keep the Ancient Bat since more in line with the whole vampire concept.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ruthgar Active Player

I like your ideas a lot (same for the mind control one:)) and the work you put in to make this. The only thing that I don´t get is: Why would a vampired transform into a wolf? (Giant Wolf)

How would you like the idea of putting an evolution powerset together? I am thinking of a dps/tank power that uses Animal and Elemental abilities to adapt to the circumstances.
    Dps: Base damage increases the lower the health of the target gets
    Tank: Defense increases the lower your health gets
    • Like x 1
  7. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Thanks.

For the wolf form it was a bit to get that final 12th power :p and since bats and wolves are usually often associated with Vampires, I could imagine the possibility of them turning into a giant one. But if that seems odd or confusing (making one think of werewolves instead probably) maybe it's a skill that should be taken away from this tree.

Animal and Elemental? Mmmm it's true that maybe Animal and Shapeshifting Fauna could become a power of its own (summoning animals to attack and turning into one or using their strength through an Animal aura as it has been suggested by some). At the moment I'm not certain to see what you exactly mean by adapting to the circumstances. Can you elaborate? What do you have in mind by Elemental?

Regarding a versatile and adaptive powerset and jack-of-all-trade-master-of-none, I was thinking of a Mimick powerset (a bit like Clayface) that would take the power and loadout of nearby group members and enemies but that would be just uber complex to implement and balance not to mention the average stats one would need not to suck too bad at a role yet never excel in it.
  8. Ruthgar Active Player

By Animal I ment that you gain the abilities of animals (Vixen) so that you could get a turtle shield or something like that
  9. Ruthgar Active Player

Elemental would be things like Metal skin or fire resistance. Sorry for ruining the thread topic:oops:
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

OMG!!!
    This's way too deep, pal! Maybe just make new WEAPON: FANGS

Melee attack: bite
    Tap Melee - left bite, right bite - straight bite.
    Hold Melee - pounce & bite.

Ranged attack: spit
    Tap Melee - simple spits
    Hold Melee - prolongated slobber accumulation & gob!

Combos:
    Tap Melee -> Hold Melee - bite -> fangy bite
    Tap Melee -> Tap Melee -> Hold Melee - bite -> bite -> stunning bite
    Tap Melee -> Tap Melee -> Tap Melee -> Hold Melee - bite -> bite -> bite -> knocking bite
    Tap Melee -> Hold Range - bite -> sucking bite (first attack, that restores health!)
    Hold Melee -> Hold Melee - pounce'n'bite -> rooound bite (PBAoE attack)

Just there's already Rage - it's kinda blood & l don't think here are way too much vampires in DC. Here's also another undead like ghosts, zombies, werewolves (which particularly implemented by Nature's wolf form though). Maybe just make them all with Necromancy Powerset inspired by Felix Faust. It could fit healer role (like animating dead flesh or life draining) & would be obviously villain-only, by which way be counterpart for hero-only Hope Lantern powerset, but for now that's only fantasies!

Also btw, i'd better give vampires Tank role, because they're immortal & easy-to-self-heals with sucking blood!
    • Like x 1
  11. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

ENOUGH WITH THE FREAKING VAMPIRES!!!

No, no, no and no.
    • Like x 2
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

What's with being able to turn into a giant wolf? Your not a werewolf your a vampire remember?
    • Like x 1
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

i like your effort and good pictures
    • Like x 1
  14. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Yup not a werewolf more a Dracula-like character, the walking on all fours type of wolf transfo. The giant part is for it to look more impressive like Scarecrow's dog rather than the small regular one.
  15. psi-knight New Player

I had to come back to post here. I can see Vampire powers being a tank set, but not a healer. Other than that, I like it.
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Your full of ideas! :)

Maybe you could make a Darkness powerset ability thread? ;)

Obsidian, Shade based
    • Like x 4
  17. DarkChaosReign New Player

I was gonna make a post about this, but I got lazy. I love it.

But for power colors, it might clash with Rage somewhat which kinda blows. Maybe they'll find a way around it if they take your suggestion in. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Impulsively Committed Player

I admire the creativity and thoroughness of thought behind all of this.
  19. GuyverVII Well-Known Player

Great use of creativity and I bet this took a while!
  20. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Thanks for all the feedback :)

If people want a new "weapon" I'd be happy if they'd release with it the Feline fighting style and personality of Catwoman. Could fit them, weapons could be something like Claws for that fighting style.

Thanks. For a Darkness powerset there's already a thread by RageOfHeaven1990 which is nice (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-ideas-could-be-a-controller-powerset.204807/). From that list I might probably add things like a Clayface-like skill when he turns into the gliding mud thingie except here it would be a shadow thingie damaging enemies hitting the player and with the player being able to move around (probably a supercharge). Another skill to trap the enemy's shadow and immobilize him/her for a few seconds.

A powerset that could be interesting, though I won't make a new thread specifically for it unless people really want me to would be a Poison Powerset (maybe that's how Serum will turn out since it sounds as the "positive" side of poison). Troll powerset due to the insane amount of debuffs.

Examples of DC characters using it: Scarecrow, Dr Poison, The Joker to some extent..

"Uses a wide array of poisons and toxins to neutralize your enemies".

Example of skills would be Poison aoe and target specific inflicting damage, Poison draining Health over time, Poison draining Power over time in PVP and Power Dump in PVE, Poison blinding foes temporarily (in PVP a white flash would cover your screen for 2-3 secs). Poison inducing Terror effects/Fear Gas generating hallucinations, Toxins paralyzing the nervous system of enemies, all the Poisons reducing Defense of enemies and their ability to heal, Ace Patrol's annoying poison attack before their flamethrower attack, Poisonous body reverting damage to Enemies upon contact, Toxin making people convulse on the ground laughing, and so on and so forth.
    Supercharge would probably be something called "Kryptonite" which would be a poison specifically designed for hindering the target halving his/her stats for a certain amount of time.

It's not the amount of "mist" effect that is currently lacking in DCUO which would be fitting for such power.