New Controller power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by leapoffaithninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. CheddarCube Well-Known Player

At first, I was against this idea. I felt that Shadow/Darkness was too close to Celestial's Cursed tree and had too many concept similarities to Sorcery. However, I think I've seen a way to make this power an interesting and more realistic option for the devs to pursue in the next round of powers (alongside our Serums tank and Lantern healer maybe? lol)

Anyway, in all seriousness, how would you guys feel if they made Shadow a dual-mechanic class that included pets in addition to your ideas about shadow constructs and what not? Earth and Atomic have shown that two mechanics to play your role can be interesting even if one kind of dominates the other.

The reasons why a pet based Shadow power would be great is

1) We don't have a TRUE pet based Controller power yet. Gadgets only has the Battle Drone supercharge which is temporary and mostly inferior to Word of Power (at least in my opinion). The turret really doesn't do much of anything in either role.

2) The Shade and Raven both make use of shadow construct pets in the cartoons (and even in the game in Raven's case). I haven't seen either of them enough in the comics to know if they do this often, but if they can manipulate shaped shadow constructs, why not create semi-sentient shadow pets since Obsidian and Shade both tap into that quasi-sentient darkness realm.

3) Pet based powers are sitting at (or at least near) the top right now for damage and do decently in their support role as well.

So, how would you all feel about this? Again, there can be a second mechanic built into the power if people aren't too crazy about having a pet, but I think it could be enough to differentiate it from Celestial's curse and create a truely unique controller power which has the least diversity in play style as a role when compared to how different tanks, healers, and damage dealers play.
    • Like x 2
  2. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

this would make a great shield super charger just add shadow tendrils that attack and give power back would look amazing

thanks for the support and feedback guys 43 likes page 1 and 20k views thus far

[IMG]
  3. Rival Ops Level 30

NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NOOOOO NEW POWERS TILL THEY FIX THE BOKEN ONES WE ALREADY HAVE. Can the game even add another power while still supporting PS3? Powers need to be balanced (Electric, Nature, HL just to name a few), PvP needs to be fixed, Water Powers have not even come out yet yet. Priorities guys! I know you want to get off on being the guy to pitch a good idea that gets noticed but not right now dude. Lets fix the probems at home before we go liberate Afghanistan......
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Bumping this to keep it alive and give more ideas.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

[IMG]

Shade
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ebon
    [IMG]

• Like x 1
  6. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

This game is simply to big. If they were to stop releasing new content just to fix what you think is wrong, the game would die and yet the problems would still be there. Shadow power thread, has been around around since the game launched i was told. It's about time they listen to us, and make this power the next coming out, after Serums.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Now that's wrong...

Liberty was removed from the like list. The one dev who liked it and got let go, and his like has been removed just recently, that's ridiculous. Why bother?
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

You got ink on my ink
  9. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Not sure i follow, what do you mean?
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Liberty was a Dev before Gamebreak owned the game, then he was let go. He liked the Shadow thread, but just recently that was removed.
  11. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

I see. So when he left everything involving him were erased, like a witness elimination. o_O
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes pretty much, but his like in this thread was there for nearly a year after he was let go, it was removed just recently, but we can't do anything about it. It just gave confidence that a Dev really loved the idea, we don't have that backup anymore.
    • Like x 1
  13. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

If I was ice cream would you eat me?
  14. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

I think this could be our 1st and only Pet AM controller power. Of course id like the two AM thing to continue moving forward but to round out Pets in all roles and give it maybe a necromancer tree just for its pets am and a shadow tree for the other AM
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'd live with that, other AM should be combo or DoT though.
    • Like x 2
  16. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

shadow pets could make a interesting second am

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Shade uses pets, they are very cool how they are pictured.
    If there is to be a pet, I don't want a stupid little cliche flying thing, I want something that walks and is big, maybe even a big shadow lion pet that pounces and bites. Recycled from the Amazon DLC but black with smoke leaching effects.

Just want a different pet mechanic that isn't a lame copy and paste of Fury and Crystal or Brick and Guardian.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Look at the Beast Master on Black Desert online for example:
    [IMG]

Skip to 0:40

And also Sorceress, those moves though... Looks almost combo.

Now I'm gonna cry why DCUO ain't like this...
    • Like x 3
  18. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

I do hope, if they ever do this power, they don't make the same constructs as light powers have. It must be fearsome creatures of shadows like a gaint wolf, or a supercharge that involves you in shadows making you look like a giant shadowy humanoid.
  19. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Ninja, WildPegasusrs made an awesome and detailed vampire powerset(could be seem as blood magic). Do you think it's time to redo a shadow power thread? We need both a basic overview of the power, which emphasis on the unique mechanics it should have and a detailed explanation of powers and mechanics. She got good in-game pics and of the power tree, maybe the same could be done with a shadow power thread.
  20. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Power should be named Shadow with the power trees:
    Darkness - manipulate dark energies to cloud your enemies in the night
    Necromancy - use the power of shadowlands to generate pets of darkness and undead
    Inspired by The Shade for villains and Obsidian for heroes
    AM: Pet/Combo or Pet/Mobile
    That's what I thought of so far
    • Like x 1