DCUO Teases Atlanteans and Superman's 80th in 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2018.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I'm trembling with ANTICIPATION for the storyline of the Death of Superman. However, I will confess now that I will be highly critical of this particular storyline. Most specifically as this needs to lead into the Reign of the Supermen and then into Coast City's obliteration; which would be a cool new city, with Mogul!! and the Cyborg Superman (which needs to be shown in his original design). Gigity- gigity!!
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Now that would be EPIC. 1 8 Man Hero vs 1 8 man Villain for Control of Doomsday
    • Like x 1
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Frikkin awesome
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You know...that's an excellent point. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm very much looking forward to an Atlantean themed episode (finally!), however.......

Is the once mostly 'free' Starro event now becoming all content, and rehashed onto this episode?

Or is the Starro event a major event (still) that will be tied into this episode story wise, kinda similar to the E3 mission in the Anniversary event this year?

I actually hope that Episode 31 is a fully new episode and not half of it (or more) being content we've already done in an event last year.

I think this needs a little more clarification imo.

(On a sidenote, I look forward to the new Spindrift Station instance, as well as the new styles/base items)
    • Like x 1
  6. Willis butternut New Player

This looks cool

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think the Starro stuff from last year will be the main bulk of the new dlc with maybe a new raid added.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Seeing the rewards from last year were fused into this episode, I'd assume it's the end of the road for the starro event, it was fused with ep 31
    • Like x 2
  9. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Awesome!
    • Like x 1
  10. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Remembering those Superman spinoff stories. Cyborg Superman and Steel were favs!
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

This is what happens when you push for details early, they fuse the DLC with an old event to get it out sooner...

I kid I kid lul
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I really hope not. That would be lazy and a disservice to both the major event and the introduction of Atlantean lore to the endgame.

Plus we'd be paying for content that we'd done for free (mostly) last year.
    • Like x 1
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Tbh the major event attempts never really hit it off that well except the starro one but you cant have one awkward event placed all by itself in the year hence the fusion of the event into a dlc.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What was the Starro event will become active as Deluge launches, with some additional polish and adjustments, similar to how Episode 30 has the event-versions of that DLC that are active until the next episode launches.

There will *also* be new end-game versions of the Starro event content, further polished and adjusted, as permanent additions to and part of Deluge. Then the episode will also include all of the new Atlantean stuff described, which will round out the full DLC.

We are not continuing the concept of major events like Starro (standing on their own, ending, coming back, leaving again, etc.), instead adding the additional limited time event versions of content onto each episode. I don't have any more specifics to get into right now, but I think I was able to answer your questions.

Edit: We learned that the community really took to Starro as an open, fun thing for everyone to do, but that this was even more effective when coupled with the latest end-game release. We don't want to leave that Starro event out there and have players waiting for it to return, so we're taking this opportunity to springboard off of that storyline into another and upgrade it all into full DLC content.
    • Like x 15
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So the starro raid will still be there? Just rehashed for the new dlc?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The starro raid (and everything else) will be back in both event and end-game form.
    • Like x 9
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair, they kinda had to do something with it as the whole major event concept was a non-starter.
    • Like x 3
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ok cool, I enjoyed the raid, also well played in changing "re-hashed" to "new" :p
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I think there's going to be alot of content in this dlc, if all the original starro stuff will be there as well as the newer stuff in the OP
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will the Starro raid have a normal and elite version? Or is this separate to the structure of the Deluge episode itself?

Is the Deluge episode a double episode in one? ie. larger than EP30 but in part because of the Starro event

I'm trying not to ask any questions I know won't be answered at this stage, but this is somewhat complicated in this instance as this episode release features past content. I'd appreciate if you could answer where possible to the questions above.