DCUO Episode 28: Age of Justice - Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, May 25, 2017.

1. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

The gear cost for this dlc is just absurd and AF3 did not cost that much, why so high?
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The main gear set (not talking about OP items or additional items that cost War Bonds) take roughly the same time to get as AF3, so those costs are higher because we get 143 marks per week in AoJ, but in AF3 we got 84.
  3. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

That's still a lot especially with having to do seasonals and the events they coming out with, that's a lot of grind and not having a life for some people.

But, I see a large amount of replays being bought and used.
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

You're the best, Tori!
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Update 5: 30th May 2017
    • Added a video showing off the 30 base items which make up the "This Place Looks Like a War Zone" feat.
    Still to come
    • Video for the Helm of Omnipotence
    • Video for the Back of Omnipotence
    • Video for the Waist of Omnipotence
    • Video for the 3x Vendor Exclusive styles
    • Transcription for Lady Blackhawk's "The Brawling Blondie Who Became a Blackhawk" investigation
    • Maybe something involving the gear stats?
    • Possible future videos on instance briefings/investigations/collections depending on their existence.
    • Like x 1
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Good video with the base items but it's a huge letdown that for a episode that is suppose to feature the JSA not a single base items has anything to do with them .
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice vid Tori! :)

You know me being a fan of more wintry base items, I'm going to be collecting those windows for a possible future Winter and/or Halloween Base :)
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

since all OP collections share the same reward icon, do you know which collection names are exactly for helm, back and waist? so ppl know what they chasing for ...
    • Like x 1
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

Actually both are correct, the replay is something i never do anyway, I learned my lesson long ago, and the replay is lame, I dont even know why we need the gear, if the content is beatable at entry with just alphas anyway. yup the gif is accurate for how this game works nowadays
  10. Ice master187 Active Player

Dev's can't seem to please the crybabies, the crybabies complain that there's not enough content then cry because the gear cost 2 much, there's more content in this new dlc which gives more marks weekly its just fair common sense that the gear would cost more i really dought that if they made content that didn't give out a reward people would run it theres no pleasing u people u are the reason dc is dying not the Dev's
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I'm in the process of editing videos about the Omnipotence items and their styles as we speak. I've also let the developers know about the identical icons for all 3 collections and am hoping a fix is implemented to improve the messaging so that people know.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Update 6: 30th May 2017
    • Added a video showing off Per Degaton's Belt of Omnipotence.
    Still to come
    • Video for the Helm of Omnipotence
    • Video for the Back of Omnipotence
    • Transcription for Lady Blackhawk's "The Brawling Blondie Who Became a Blackhawk" investigation
    • Possible future videos on instance briefings/investigations/collections depending on their existence.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Update 7: 30th May 2017
    • Added a video showing off Stormtrooper's Gas Mask of Omnipotence.
    • Added some information about the Omnipotence collection pieces
    Still to come
    • Video for the Back of Omnipotence (video is complete, needs checked for errors and published)
  14. gemii Dedicated Player

your gear attuned to max item level at I think 185 or 186 last DLC. So what about this one?
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

At 195
    • Like x 1
  16. Impulsive Level 30

Vendor gear costs are lower on live.
    You should update that post xD.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sorry about that. Haven't had much time these last few days and any spare time has been spent in game/making new videos haha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 8: 3rd June 2017
    • Added a video for the Temporal Paradox Capacitor of Omnipotence (has been up since yesterday, forgot to post the update).
    • Added first batch of information for the Time Torn Time Capsule
    • Added a video for the Robotic Arm style reward for the Ultimate Arm collection
    • Added a video for the Bombshells Wonder Woman shield gifts
    • Corrected vendor prices.
    • Added Omnipotent Collection prices.
    • Vanity helmet costs added.
    • Added information about the dropped gear
    • Readjusted the layout of the guide, moving sections around to fill in the placeholders and flow.
    Still to come
    • Time Capsules: Dr Midnight Style video
    • Time Capsules: JLA/Golden Age Emblems video
    • Time Capsules: Time Torn Material video
    • Time Capsules: Time Torn Aura video
    • Raid and Alert Briefings
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to ask those who've been following the guide, if anyone is interested in me transcribing the Briefings/Investigations? I already did one and it's quite a time consume, data heavy process (forum posts are limited to 10,000 characters). Nobody commented on them so far, so if they're not something people are interested in, then it saves me the trouble.
    Let me know.
    Also, let me know if there's any information that's incorrect or if there's something you'd like to know that hasn't been covered.
    Guide is still a Work In Progress. More Time Capsule information will be coming. I'm struggling to complete the other collections, so they may not be covered any time soon. The style and emblems aren't a problem and will be coming soon.
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Nice guide. Thanks for putting it together.

The IL of the OP items is what i was looking to see and it only proves that the rewards do not justify the grind. Full vendor IL 175 gear in every slot brings ya to 201.25cr.

Full vendor plus the OP itmes brings ya to 203.07. Grinding 3 months for the full vendor gear gives ya a 9 point cr jump. Grinding another 3 months for the OP items gives a 2 point cr jump. Same amount of time to grind for such little reward.

Full 173 gear plus the new OP items and the AF3+starro OP items brings ya to 201.41cr. People are saying its about adding longevity. No. Its about replays and money. I had old calculations where the OP items were 184, 9 IL higher based off AF3. We keep hearing AoJ is supposed to be like AF3 but when compared i see less of almost everything.

1 extra OP item but it takes longer to grind. Not the same, not more either. Cause in AF3 it took 6 weeks to get 2 OP items. Now it takes double that amount of time but we dont have double the amount of OP items ;) And the IL is lower :confused: This is less reward with more grind added to it. Yet somehow someway some players are defending it. Cant for the life of me understand why.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Wait...what? is this correct or you just put the wrong numbers?
    What you are saying is that having a full set of vendor gear from this new Episode, equals a minor CR (minimal, but still...) than having a set of dropped gear? That cant be right.
    Not only having the vendor gear should give the higher CR, but also the difference should be much more than that. I mean...its two IL points between dropped and vendor.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Not sue if this is in your OP tori as i just noticed this, the green blue and purple IL of the gear is different then AF3. In AF3 green was 162 at max, blue was 163 purple was 164. With AoJ green is 169 at max, blue is 171, purple is 173. 2 IL in between each now instead of 1. This devalues the blue and green gear because its lower. Anyways if it isnt in your OP ya might want to add it. Or not. Your call.