Craziest idea yet: Content relevancy windows and replays.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Styles, style feats, feats,bits, prestige, all the stuff that we rerun old content for anyways. If I could run Black Dawn daily or more than once a week for say 12 RB's, I'd absolutely do it. Still working on clown feat and need styles out of there (and thereabouts) that just wont freaking drop for me after playing for almost a year and a half.

If I rack up a few more exobit clusters and prestige coins along the way, great. The cost would have to be pretty low but I'm good with it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Msstat1c Committed Player

Charge for the mod then......and make it redeemable on only one toon so you can sell a pack of them. Include them In a booster bundle.

It's obvious there are players who want to run the content (new and old) solo. Let them. What's it hurt? Keep the replay lock on it if you must. If the mod being "free" is the issue, then it says a lot about where the decision making comes from.

But I suppose you are running a business.......
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

Style collections/feats as stated above.

and

Recent addition of cr relevancy window means you surpass some content before you even run it the first time (more to do with new players and recently made alts than a veteran issue)
    • Like x 3
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

This idea is not really about running instances by yourself. It's more about running instances (solo or not) multiple times during a loot window to get loot multiple times without resetting. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Tikkun Loyal Player

#statsmatter will be sending many non-veteran players back into old content. Non-veterans (and unlucky veterans) could enjoy:

1. Grinding the same raid 20 times in a row to try and get that stupid final piece they're missing from Raptor Tech.
    2. Tokens of Merit.
    3. Added perks to counter feat grinding . At least you know after farming 500 alerts you'll have enough items to sell to make it worth your time...or deco the new lair you'll be forced to buy with DBC to handle all the base items you get through grinding.

All players would enjoy:

1. An alternative to the boring way of farming exos. Running Oan Science Cells 40 times definitely beats roaming Gotham.
    2. Base item grinding. The base item I want to grind is in BIA, but I am not diligent enough to do it daily. Because it's irrelevant, I won't pay to reset it. If I know I have an hour of play time and no other commitments, I'd be happy to spend that hour grinding it over and over for more chances at that elusive base item.

And...can we please get permanent progress points for irrelevant Elite content already?!
    • Like x 3
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

How about the opposite ? Allow us to use replays to make an instance "relevant".
    • Like x 3
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

even i have to agree it's no longer in our cr relevancy we are not getting anything but feats or op items that will later on not be needed, some for just styles that we cannot achieve some from lower tiers for feats that we cannot get.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think the t2 and t3 raids should have daily resets.

resetting non relevant content should be cheaper.
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

even i want to see this happen like earned.
  10. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Base items.
    • Like x 3
  11. Msstat1c Committed Player

Ok..... That why I said keep the loot lock in place. You teleport to the instance, run the instance, get your loot, you are now locked out until the next day or week unless you choose to replay badge it.

would that not work?
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i always need more bombshell posters and other base items ;)
  13. Msstat1c Committed Player

Technical hurdles make this difficult.
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

so unlimited farming if your out cr relevancy window for older content , sure , i'm for it as long as there is no marks handed out from running it .
    • Like x 2
  15. TrueColors Well-Known Player

Legendary Perk?
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

be kinda silly to make it to a legendary perk only.
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

18. Minnion Devoted Player

Feats, base items, and repair fodder.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The quote above you mepps is the best idea.

I don't think it should be open slaughter because it diminishes the potential rarity of the styles we seek

But as a perk to legendary it could be brilliant. It would pull in subscriptions and keep people subbed.

This way people are still paying to support the game and its not just a free ride to a handout.
    • Like x 2
  20. Msstat1c Committed Player

Think of it as an elite vault run.....