Craziest idea yet: Content relevancy windows and replays.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Okay, here it is: What if, once content was no longer within our relevancy window it no longer required replays to get loot from that content?(As in if you're not getting marks from it, you don't get loot locked.)

Alternatively: Discount reset costs that scales up the further content gets from our relevancy window.(Still costs full reset price to reset someone within that content's relevancy window, but the cost to reset that person goes down the further out of the relevancy window they are.)
    • Like x 35
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I might finally get those Prime Brainiac pistols if they did this xD
    • Like x 1
  3. MuTang Clan Level 30

Great idea!
    • Like x 2
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

Your idea == reduced $$$$ == fail
    • Like x 2
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Please prove high-cr people are blowing wads of cash resetting Ace Chemicals to farm for the Psycho style and you will have a point.
    • Like x 14
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

Sorry but I think you have that reversed. Please show me how your idea would be acceptable when it clearly serves no purpose other than to give away something for free that players pay for now.
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

If nobody is paying to do that now, what are they giving away?
    • Like x 4
  8. ChillCat Loyal Player

How do you know nobody is paying for it? If you have no proof, then you're asking for a paid system to be given away for free based on an assumption.
    • Like x 1
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Which idea?
    The first one of no resets for content outside your relevancy window?
    Or the second one where resets cost less the further outside your relevancy window the content is?

Either way could you perhaps elaborate on why you think it would lead to fewer replay badge sales?(I was under the impression that replays are normally spent on end game content, seasonal content and feat unlocking.)
    • Like x 2
  10. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

While ChillCat makes sense, i really hope people aren't throwing replay badges at old content o_O
    Not because i'm against the game being funded, but because...WHAT?!?

That said, I kind of like OPs idea, i'd spend a lot of time farming stuff instead of the once a week quick dive.
    • Like x 6
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

You realize that I offered two proposals right? My second one was a discount that increases based on how far outside your relevancy window.

As for the "how do you know nobody is paying for it?" question I assume applies to the first proposal, I'd say assumption based on a generalization.(I know I don't pay to reset content outside my relevancy window.)

Anyways the way I was thinking of it working: Players outside relevancy window can still reset for players who are within the contents relevancy window.(The first incarnation of the idea is based on the generalized assumption that most who are re-running old content outside their relevancy window are running it for feats or to help others gear up.) Since those running old content to gear up would still be within the relevancy window they are getting nothing for free... Those outside it probably don't want the loot for anything but salvage anyways... Either that or to sell on the broker for high prices beyond the cash cap(Thus driving sales of escrow tokens and subs.)

The end goal is to keep people active instead of them logging out once they've run everything within their relevancy window.
    • Like x 3
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

Already sorta answered but let me be clear on something. I would LOVE to be able to do more for less or free, but every time I see ideas like this I think..."PVP still isn't done, power balancing has still a long way to go, those melee cone sizes need updating, we haven't had an open world daily in almost a year...and on and on and on". Why? Because DBG doesn't have the time (which requires more people), the people (which requires money), or money (because this isn't WoW) to do those things quickly or at all. Any idea, no matter how clever, that takes revenue away from the game just means a little more the Devs can't do and brings us a little bit closer towards hurting the chances of the games survival.

No, thank you
    • Like x 2
  13. Dynagirl Committed Player

I'm with Chillcat on this one, if you are going to suggest stuff like this there has to be offset for daybreak or else it comes off as asking for a massive handout just because.

How about this:

1. Once you are out of CR relevancy, content is no longer loot locked. However a legendary subscription and each episode cost more.

2. The amount required to replay content decreases over time as you move out of CR relevancy. However, replay badges come in bigger bundles and cost a little more.

How many would like this idea now?
    • Like x 1
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

There is no reason to increase the costs of anything. Just make this feature a new membership perk. Coupled with walk-ins, removal of loot locks in old content for members would be one hell of an incentive to pay up.
    • Like x 7
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

To be honest, I like the number 2 suggestion more... (Though I was kind of operating under the assumption that the idea would increase player retention across the board by keeping early game content from turning into a ghost town, and that in turn the increased player-base would offset the cost in sales volume.)
    • Like x 2
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I use replays to replay old content from time to time. Lately, I've actually had really good luck getting style pieces I'm after with just 1-2 resets. I use replays sparingly, so I had quite a few saved up from when I was Legendary. I'm not sure that's the same thing as paying for it?

Anyway, there are a lot of games that do not prevent content from being replayed via loot locking. This game thrives on it. All it does to me most of the time is cause me to log out of the game instead of playing more. If I'm playing less, I'm less likely to be tempted to spend money on the game.

I think both sides have arguments with merit.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This kind of idea has been considered. This is the question that stumped us though: if players don't find non-relevant content worth running the first time, why would they be excited to run it a second (or third, or fourth...) time for free?
    • Like x 6
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Feats
    • Like x 8
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

Omnipotence items and styles.
    • Like x 8
  20. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Speaking for myself personally I would like it to get unique styles and gear like the Kick-Me Back or the Helm of Omnipotence. Also running having the ability to run your favorite Solos and Duos multiple times a day would be a fairly fast and good alternative to going node to node for Exobits. There are quite a few Solos and Duos that are easy to run through so mainly I'd do the same instance 2+ times a day/week for unique items (including base items as well).
    • Like x 4