Can you fire tank Nexus? Has anyone done fine as a Fire Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Golden_Assassin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Did you really? :0 you sure are OP.
  2. Dump Truck New Player

Considering you do not even know the cr at the time, I would say yes.
  3. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

I actually forgot that fully modded T4 is CR89 :p Derpy mind when I typed that.
  4. Dump Truck New Player

I would question that... how could you forget if a veteran player... we pretty much sat on that cr for a year.
  5. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

I was juggling things in my minds at the same time thinking about to many things at once. Especially in my subconscious.
  6. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Lolwut?
  7. Buckley Loyal Player

Did it as fire tank. Most of my skill went into health, dom, restro. All powers have some healing or burn then heal.
    It was a lot of fun, also I have a beast healer GF that always accompany's me in Raids
  8. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i fire tanked nexus for the first time sometime in June (and this was an alt and before it got nerfed a single time). now here nearly a year later u ask this question when the gear is well beyond what is necessary to find nexus remotely difficulty i say this. i will not bash you, i will not taunt you. research your power, know it inside and out, and fully understand your role and the content at hand. fire tanking is challenging but not today all tanking is simple understand a fire tank and healer's relationship understand mitigation understand boss and adds mechanics consider your rotation and maintaining aggro. if you need help i'll help you with this

Fire tank Loadout:
    Burning Determination: Easily clip with either Backdraft or stoke flames to get heals faster and stronger
    Lasso( Low Pressure): personally i prefer LP because of that extra PP saved
    Backdraft: AOE Tank Pull
    Burnout: Can be used as a immunity but more importantly as a "Breakout" (i know thats not a word)
    Stoke Flames: best heal and can be clipped w/ any move

The sixth move depends on map

Enflame: Use encase your having problems w/ general Luthor its a constat DOT
    Over heat: use to Juggle adds in paradox mostly
    Eternal Flames: When Ever a Healer struggles to keep you up
    Neo Venom boost: (when not using Lasso)
    Meteor Strike: Last room Nexus, if you want to Tank the Artifact its the best way to aggro the Luthors that is ranged AOE.
    HL shiled (incase ur not using Lasso or NVB): i dont like to use it but its a good way to buff your health b4 fighting XD
    Amazonian deflection: i dont use it any more because my tank is stronger but if adds are on u in paradox .. this knocks them down for u
    Phase dodge: I'm not superspeed but if you having trouble tanking clip this move every time u can .....

consumables:
    Dampening device V: use to clip trinkets or long anitmated moves or to dampen incoming blows while using another move
    All Natural Mk V expert: i bought the plan this keeps my fire tanks health around 18k and can be used in your other consumable slot

Trinkets: (remember to try to clip trinkets effectivly to decrease timing)
    90 woL trinket: always keep this one but the rest are rotatable
    PVP Trinket: OR PVE break out trinket: Before fighting any boss that block breaks equip this to make sure u have a breakout other than burn out that will keep u alive

This load out is important but the 6th move is the most important u can rotate in and out and remember your trinkets be smart about ur decision and you'll have fun knowing your durability is greatest when ur focused

Keep in mind this is old b4 DLC 9 so its a bit dated but it should help get you through Nexus and DOX atleast i wrote this a while back hope it helps
  9. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

if you say you enjoy healing ice then you do not understand rage
  10. Dump Truck New Player

I can;t believe this thread still exists LOL
  11. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Nothing Gargamond just shhhhh...it will blow over if we don't respond back after this post.
  12. HHAAZZEE New Player

Was just sayin, powers are what you make of them & you might be a good player in a good league on your server doesnt mean your way is the only way especially when your way is boring to you... im also a good player in the best league on my server, doesnt make my views the gospel either but if your way of fire tanking bores you, change it, not just say its boring to fire tank and thats all their is to it, its misleading especially when in a position where people are likely to listen to you due to reputation.
  13. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Fire tanks can tank nexus just fine. Just be experinced with fire tanking plus it's self heals.
  14. kraptastic Well-Known Player

You got any youtube videos I can watch of that? That would be 11 or 12 month ago right? I saw a bunch of scorecard vids back then cus everyone was hiding in the rafters. It was hard to find any info back then on firetanking. I remember that fix fire thread where soulburn was saying he couldnt beat it ... gotta look that thread up... but seriously I wanna see the vid.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dump Truck New Player

I don't think you should doubt this.... There are actually threads on it in the Oracle Database section if you dig back far enough. I know because I created some of them.

You're not going to find many recordings from back then... First because less people recorded on PS3, but most importantly, it was never a really hard raid worth recording. Paradox on release was the challenge.
  16. kraptastic Well-Known Player

Doubt it? No I dont. I was there firetanking it myself. But to say it was easy then when everyone was 88 and 89 cr is bs and you are now coming off as smug.
    There are vids from before ps4 that part was easy as some had recorders and others would just set up a camera at their screen. It wasnt and still isnt difficult on ps3.

Now back to the point.. I remember looking for vids and tips to make it easier on me and my healers... I found tons of videos of so called "beast " leagues doing it..but they ended in screenshots of the scoreboard or were ice tanks. The screenshots were suspect because of the rafter glitch and the weight throw through the door, and so on.
    I really do wanna see vids of firetanks back then doing it. I respect those that fought the ice tank only calls that occurred back then and still do now.
    If you dont have video thats fine...does anyone else? Im going youtube surfing now and hopefully will find a few.

Knightblaze
    Firetanking since under the bridge in outer ( old schoolers know what im laughing about)
    • Like x 1
  17. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I haven't (never been fire), but I have been in there with many a fire tank to completion.

- Titanium
  18. Dump Truck New Player

No, it was easy when you knew the strategies... most of the established leagues had no problems with the raid (without rafter glitching). Not smug, truth... I am smug however.
  19. Pureshadow New Player

youtube vid or it never happened.
  20. Rassophore New Player

Nexus? I'm pretty sure a few healers I know could nature tank Nexus.

Do you mean Paradox? Even EO runs are fire-tankable, but I can believe pugs being afraid of a firer tank.