Can you fire tank Nexus? Has anyone done fine as a Fire Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Golden_Assassin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

This comnent makes no sense how does one "carry" a tank? If there is only 1 tank i dont see how thats possible
    • Like x 1
  2. Ogat New Player

I can't believe this thread exists, was sure this was a necro.. :O
    • Like x 1
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

i had a nice amount of replays when t5 came out. a bunch of u just spammed the alerts to we got a piece and tried nexu again. at cr 94 i had tanked all of nexus. the last room we failed but not due to me getting run over. i was able to hold and had we got the shields i would of beat it that run. i did get the win at cr 95 then witched to earth to see the fuss about pet tanking nexus. fire is crazy strong but its a lot of turteling. every tank class is good on all content. ice is simply available for guys who cant spell their own names. lol
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

how can a tank power not be ok for a board? is this a real statement or are you just having fun. bud fire is insanely strong and i would take fire over any tank class. i love rage and i use every tank class in every tier. t6 comes out i will craft rage tanking and then go fire, then earth. forget ice from here on out. no talent required to ice tank. when people were just getting to cr95 i was comfortable tanking everythinng about dox as fire. pre nerfs and no 5000 resto healers. the health fire gets allows him to take some serious shots and after blocking the healer can fill him up fast. fast. no way is there any board fire has a problem with. not a single board anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  5. HHAAZZEE New Player

Dont even know why this thread exists, any tank of any power can tank any content with enough gear & skill especially nexus and even more so now after the nerf, counter mechanics and the new gear from War of the Light, its a cake walk to the point that if youve never even tanked before and went fire today after getting a full set of 90 tank gear from A&B and jumped into nexus you would get through it without ever coming close to death.

The right loadout with fire and you can keep adds near enough on a permanent juggle loop and with the mechanics as they are now you never have to block for any extended period of time if you use counters except for the bosses in dox and the occasional big hits from the bosses in A&B where all tank powers need to pop powers and block, even ice. Powers are what you make of them, if you think its boring your playing it in a boring way...
  6. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

exactly
  7. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Do I need to get Superpatriot or TrueOlympus? I can't defend Fire like they can for the account that I wasn't playing it when I saw Superpatriot out dps a variety of powers in our experiment nexus run. He out dps mental, fire(yes the power itself, ice, nature(surprise to me), earth, electricity and was 10k below out dpsing hard light.
    • Like x 1
  8. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

quote="TWISTEDHEAT, post: 2481467, member: 4353"]I appreciate your concern young grasshopper. I never had a problem tanking new content prior to T5 raids with fire. I LOVE FIRE!

I was just stating that the jump from T4 to T5 was a bigger difference than ever before and can be very difficult to complete if your whole group is T4(which you were not when you 4 manned nexus, but congrats anyways!). I wasnt lucky enough to get norseman gear like you and others were. I was just stating that Ice has WAY too many advantages over fire that I never knew or experienced before since I was only fire. Why do you think people were shouting for "Ice tanks only" in chat? Cause it was a little unfair/easier at the time and still is with shield rotations.

I dont claim to be the best at anything in the game, never have or will. But I do know my role, powers, and place in a team oriented challenge(This was my first mmo and learned alot over the years thanks to the community). I just stated that fire was underwhelming for the T5 raids when they came out. Was I pointing the finger at my gear? Kinda, yes. I had no green or T5 pieces. That was my fault for raiding under geared, I know(you never said you tried to tank nexus with EVERYONE in ALL T4 gear either). But shields made up for lack of gear, minor timing mistakes, and one shots. Thats all I was "basically saying".

Any good fire tank will tell you that it takes the most skill points to be a beast fire tank than any other role or power. Whether thats dom or resto is up to you, but my self heals at the time were weak to the damage that was coming in even when blocking(with fortified blocking as well). Im at 167SP now and would love to go back to fire, but Ice just has EVERY advantage over a fire tank(except maybe PVP, cause I feel fire is better than ice in PVP IMO).

Also, you shouldn't quote somebody on something They didnt say(your beginning statement. U work for FOX news dont u? lol)...
    Also, "basically saying" is not saying so dont assume. U know what happens when u assume? lol...
    Also, saying my "ignorance of fire" is kinda, well, ignorant in itself lol...
    They say "dont feed the trolls", but you looked hungry lol.[/quote]

Superpatriot solo fire tanked it with a few pieces of T5 gear he needed. Few being 3 to 4 pieces. Now tell me ARE YOU CERTAIN that a ice tank did Nexus in full T4 gear when you need CR86 required and average T5 is 84. And everyone was trying to get as much T5 gear as possible so chances are they were in at least alittle bit of green before being CR86 or full green enough to have 2 pieces of T4 gear or 3 depending on if you were a early modier.
    I can't tell you why I see 3 of these edit!
  9. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

He talking mess Black Stem get em :0! Show him one of yours videos lmao.
  10. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Yeah xD, sometimes I don't get people. They try to shatter one's accomplishments with irrational and weak supports.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

12. SnapFlash New Player

Healing fire tanks is so much more fun than healing Ice.
    Ice always use their unnecessary shields when Blessing is up and can hold them fine.
    There may not be anything to heal either with a Ice tank from all the damage absorbing shields.

Make my life more interesting please, more fire tanks welcome!

EDIT: Should also say I mean solo healing while Celestial.
    Also, remember fire has nice buffs to their healing in.
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I fire tank it all the time. People have always have had issue with fire tanks. The problem is that if you do not know how to play fire, you will be a very, very bad tank. But if you are ice and are not very good with the power, you will tank ok. There is a larger learning curve with fire then the other tank powers. That, and you need more skill points then the rest to be as effective.
    • Like x 4
  14. Imsms08 New Player

Yes fire can tank all content in this game, they just have to block and rely on the healer a great deal more then other tanks. Fires big weakness compared to other tanks is that they lack any real tank powers that help them receive or mitigate damage coming in. Fire used to have a few moves that further increased their HP but had them taken away. Those moves at least allowed fire tanks to be able to receive more damage because they currently have zero powers that allow them to do this.
  15. gold heart Active Player

the revolution did a fire tank nexus 7 man run without heal so i think it can easily be tanked with a healer imo(what does imo mean or ftw)
  16. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Do you really not know what imo or ftw means?

(Just in case... "In My Opinion" and "F*** The World")
    • Like x 1
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

FTW could also be used as "For The Win"
    • Like x 1
  18. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Hmm. I have never heard it used for that.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dump Truck New Player

Full T4 modded with type 4 mods (what was available at the time) gets you to an 89cr. That's what we were at when we beat it on release... as fire and ice tanks.
    • Like x 3
  20. Dump Truck New Player

Juggles are not needed... they are only for show. You can fire tank any content in this game with only throwing daggers (acro) in your loadout. True story. It's a fire tanks single greatest move as it completely removes the need for a pull like ice/rage have.

I have always said, and players like TrueOlympus may remember from my old forum name 'darktarget', our fire revamp thread was really the "what should rage be like?" thread. Remember our 'fire form' discussions?

BTW, That was a blatant... 'You know who you talking to, son" LOL but all in good fun.