Can you fire tank Nexus? Has anyone done fine as a Fire Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Golden_Assassin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. AmericanNinja New Player

The power wouldn't be in the game if people couldn't tank the raids with it.
  2. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Beat Inner in march 2011 when others couldn't, Beat FOS 2 2 weeks after drop when everyone asked for ONLY Ice Tanks (Bridge), Beat Prime 2nd Week it was released, Beat Nexus 4 weeks after it dropped, Beat Wave 2 Months after it dropped with Dump Truck and The 'Crats, A & B First night. Common Denominator is Fire can function in any content Period. Anyone who says different is stupid or a scrub. Yes, Fire has gotten the short end of the stick, but I love it and will never,.....ever leave it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Larfleeze New Player

Launch Inner, Sub-Con, FoS1 and FoS2 would like a word with you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Franchise New Player

if you feel that way about fire tanks, I cant wait to hear your opinion abut ice tanks :rolleyes:
  5. Korvyne Committed Player

Love a good fire tank that knows what they are doing, trouble is people find it hard to master I suppose, cos there are some terrible ones out there that spread the "Fire is a bad tank power" MYTH!!
    • Like x 1
  6. TheRealDeathern New Player

I've tanked every raid presently in the game as a fire tank without issues, and even tanked pre nerf DOX as well with fire, so its really more of a bad stigma haunting a power that can perform at top end without issue.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Nexus has been beated by a 3 men group set up ( No healer) : Fire Tank , DPS, Troll.

So...
  8. TWISTEDHEAT New Player

First off, I was a fire tank since launch and all the way till T5 came out. When T5 came out, I was getting one shotted(even when blocking and with 132SP) left and right in the raids. I can honestly say that I could not fire tank T5 raids effectively when they first came out, so I did what I NEVER thought possible, I went to Ice and still am. Remind you, NOONE had T5 gear and we were ALL T4 still. Ice tanking the raids was easy mode. There is no reason Ice needs 4 shields and fire doesnt even get 1.
    So anyone here that says fire tanking nexus is possible, well then yea WE ARE ALL OVER GEARED NOW. But if you have a group that is full T4, then fire tanking nexus can and will be a real pain. I hate when people say fire tanking is easy tanking. You apparently havent been ice, cause shields are just too overpowered and have an unfair advantage. I love my fire power and I switched back to fire after a few months T5 was out when we had some gear. Only to only realize that Ice just has WAY too many advantages(I can pick people up, slow down incoming damage, double defense, i can do more damage, reflect is just unfair, Ice Elemental can save you if you're put in a bubble in Wave and so on) so I switched back to Ice. I will be fire again one day after they fix the weak self heals and make it on par with the other tank powers. My name is TWISTEDHEAT NOT TWISTEDICE...FIX FIRE FTW!!!

EDIT: Also saying that they 3 maned nexus(I watched part of the vid) is just ignorant. We are over geared. Did they 3 man with all of them wearing T4 armor? NO. Were they specifically speced to 3 man nexus in T5 gear? Yes. SMH
  9. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i've seen it done a few times. early on even back when it was hard and we only had atlantean gear.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

Yeah, he used phase dodge, I prefer acro for throwing daggers. That's when the game was challenging fun.
    • Like x 1
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Never had issues on the raids. Got low pressure long ago when people bad mouthed us in fos 2. A and B would be easier with an earth with atrocitis, but I still get it in no problem.
  12. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Had a Rage tank in A&B at the last boss, we wiped 3 times it was a combination of him rage crashing and the under geared solo healer with no mods :( . I got tired of failing and I told him to go dps, one of the dps asked how many sp I had. I told him 164 he replied " oh that should be enough for a fire tank" funny how after watching that rage tank die he never worried about his sp. Anyway I tanked it and it went smooth.

I remember when nexus first came out . Every time I looked in LFG all I would see is - Need Ice Tank For Nexus . I had seen a lot of full t5 fire and earth tanks fail so I waited until I was full t5 to try tanking it. So I shouted for 20 min in LFG fire tank for nexus until a group got tired of waiting for a ice tank .

I was nervous my first time tanking I could hear people in the group saying negative comments about me being fire. I just ignored it the raid started and I got the hang of it pretty quick. The room I really was worried about was the bot room , I was surprised it really wasn't that hard as people made it look.

It's the power of the player not the gear or sp . Yes they are important but it's mainly the player who makes the difference . Yeah some powers do have a advantage but you can complete any raid as a fire tank . The Fire Rises
    • Like x 1
  13. Smoke Blaze New Player

Fire tanking is beast, had no probs tanking any of these raids :)
  14. TankKC12 New Player

The groups you refer to are typically the "I complain about fire tanks because everyone else does" or the "I have no clue what I'm doing" bunch.

I run all raids just fine as a fire tank and even with solo healers, Even pre CR 100 when Nexus and DOX weren't nerfed I had no issues. I still do run into people who harp on fire tanks, I gladly prove them wrong and then have to deal with the constant spam ninja invites to save them in raid XYZ afterwards.. I'm sure many of us can testify to this lol
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

Red5 standingby
    [IMG]
  16. Raj AlGhul New Player

One of my favorite raids to mass mob tank and shut people up about fire tanking. Here is how with the 4 DPS typical loadout

1) After the first fight, tell the group to hang out in the main room while you pull both corridors. Hit enflame on your fire tank and run all the way to the boss room and back on both sides. You will set foes on fire and if you need additional heals, hit stoke flames or drink a soder. As the group deals with the first wave, run into the second corridor and repeat the process. Do not fight in the hallways as you will trigger brainiac sparks. Use the corners to your advantage. Enflame with backdraft/stoke flames for healing.When the mobs are clear go fight the 2 batmans/luthors.

2) After the Zeta drone fight, hit the 2 gears and tell the group again to hang out there again. You will run straight down to the first wing armor using the enflame/stoke flames process to set them on fire and drag back to the central corridor. This way, all the mobs will pour in single file and will be easy to dps down. Try not to stand too close to the mobs which shoot missiles. You can be surprise 1 shotted. Once they are cleared move in tell them to hang around the corner (so they dont trigger sparks) and pull the left corridor all the way back to the intersection. Proceed to wing armors.

Using these 2 methods of clearing will help the group immensely, shave time off the raid and make you come across as a badass. Hope that helps.

Dark Niraj- Public Enemies
  17. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

I tank Nexus, Paradox, and A & B all 2-3 times each week.

When I first tanked Nexus I was ninja invited back to it about 25 times in about 3 weeks. It got annoying. (until I found out that I had almost all of the artifacts and luthor combinations done when I started looking into getting more feats)

I tanked A & B the first day it came out.

At first Nexus was difficult. But block, hit 2 powers, block again works everytime. And when you get better gear you don't have to block nearly as much.

Paradox is different. Be prepared to move, a lot. Especially when Sentry starts to "tap dance" on your head. ;)

Most importantly remember this:

"One day they will be saying Fire Tanking is garbage, the next day they will be Screaming Your Name!"
  18. Flightboy New Player

Your ignorance on fire is highly disturbing. What is worse is you going on and on with the, "my gear was uber bad so I switched to ice.."

I personally 4 manned nexus (due to low league activity) with my leaguemates for fun as a Fire Tank with mix matched BIA/FAM gear, T5 gear, and Norseman. (one of the few full norseman before OC dropped ;) )

I also know manyyyyyyyy other skilled (keyword here) fire tanks who did the same.

You basically just stated above that you really didn't master your powerset before going into Nexus and rather than doing a little self reflection on your loadout/rotations/skillpoint, you pointed the finger at your gear... SMH... I would take a wild guess you think going resto heavy over dom heavy makes you a beast fire tank?? o_O

EDIT: In case you were wondering this was all Pre-GU32 (Aka Death of OC's fun)
    • Like x 1
  19. Lokkii Committed Player

This can't be a serious question.
    • Like x 1
  20. Minx New Player

Aint that the truth Brice? And memories well made... :)
    Rooney = THE BEST fire tank...EVA...hands down.

More memeories ;) Enjoy

Btw OP... http://www.youtube.com/user/intrepid02 ...for all your Fire Tanking needs.
    • Like x 1