Can you fire tank Nexus? Has anyone done fine as a Fire Tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Golden_Assassin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Friend of mine fire tanked nexus pre-nerf at cr87 30 some skill points. Yea its doable. and super easy now adays.
  2. Starry Hope New Player

lol people are still making these types of threads? :eek:

I honestly haven't seen a bad fire tank since .. I can't even remember lol..

Where are you people finding these tanks lol?
  3. Vyltran Loyal Player

You don't know how to fire tank t5 raids.. that's what is happening to you... i advice you to look for threads, fire tanks & dps loadouts.. :)
  4. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

No that's not my issue, but nice dice roll. I actually tanked both Nexus and Wave today as a fire tank without issue. Thanks all.
  5. Flightboy New Player

I think the likes of Dump Truck, Soulburn32, myself, and a few others begggg to differ! :p
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

is this a serious post? :rolleyes: of course you can tank anything in the game with any of the tank powers if you know what your doing. I have seen many many fire tanks tank Nex and dox hell I was a min off of dox speed feat two days ago with a random pug fire tank with no league and he did great. granted I was healing ;) so it was gonna happen no matter what but he didnt seem to have any problems
    • Like x 1
  7. Minx New Player

But of course. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. TWISTEDHEAT New Player

I appreciate your concern young grasshopper. I never had a problem tanking new content prior to T5 raids with fire. I LOVE FIRE!

I was just stating that the jump from T4 to T5 was a bigger difference than ever before and can be very difficult to complete if your whole group is T4(which you were not when you 4 manned nexus, but congrats anyways!). I wasnt lucky enough to get norseman gear like you and others were. I was just stating that Ice has WAY too many advantages over fire that I never knew or experienced before since I was only fire. Why do you think people were shouting for "Ice tanks only" in chat? Cause it was a little unfair/easier at the time and still is with shield rotations.

I dont claim to be the best at anything in the game, never have or will. But I do know my role, powers, and place in a team oriented challenge(This was my first mmo and learned alot over the years thanks to the community). I just stated that fire was underwhelming for the T5 raids when they came out. Was I pointing the finger at my gear? Kinda, yes. I had no green or T5 pieces. That was my fault for raiding under geared, I know(you never said you tried to tank nexus with EVERYONE in ALL T4 gear either). But shields made up for lack of gear, minor timing mistakes, and one shots. Thats all I was "basically saying".

Any good fire tank will tell you that it takes the most skill points to be a beast fire tank than any other role or power. Whether thats dom or resto is up to you, but my self heals at the time were weak to the damage that was coming in even when blocking(with fortified blocking as well). Im at 167SP now and would love to go back to fire, but Ice just has EVERY advantage over a fire tank(except maybe PVP, cause I feel fire is better than ice in PVP IMO).

Also, you shouldn't quote somebody on something They didnt say(your beginning statement. U work for FOX news dont u? lol)...
    Also, "basically saying" is not saying so dont assume. U know what happens when u assume? lol...
    Also, saying my "ignorance of fire" is kinda, well, ignorant in itself lol...
    They say "dont feed the trolls", but you looked hungry lol.
  9. Flightboy New Player

Young grasshopper huh? That's pretty funny. What's even funnier was the arena we were in against each other today ;)

Firstly GG!

Secondly, if you "LOVE FIRE" you would of spent more time learning how to tank the new raids rather than jumping ship. Just saying.
    Umm every Tank power has advantages over the next. To say different shows your ignorance... I, in the past / present, have had PUG/Friend List people who preferred (skilled) Fire Tanks over Ice.

The reason why people were calling for Ice Tanks only (***NEWFLASH*** this only happened in chat with the release of the OC DLC it no longer happens) is because under skilled / under geared ice tanks could hide behind the net of their shields and complete content. (not talking about speed feat paradox pre - gu32) Fire Tanks who were under skilled / under geared did not have that luxury and it was very evident. (So yes, I kinda agree with you... somewhat)

"but my self heals at the time were weak to the damage that was coming in even when blocking" Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Let me fix this for you young padawan... Any good Fire Tank knows how dominance works in Tank role and will go dominance and health heavy first when spec'ing SP. Thennnnnnnnnnn maybe spec remaining SP into Resto. Ughhhh, you just lost ten points on the Fire Tank scale. All good / great Fire Tanks know it's all about maxing your raw and buffed health. Didn't think I'd have to school a day one fire user.... Sigh.... Fire > Ice in PvP!? Dude, you're waaaaaaay out of touch with both powersets...

I stand by everything I said either... You're just digging yourself a bigger grave... Let's continue this sometime it was fun ;)

P.S. My league and I completed the content Day 1 multiple times full T4... Day 2 we started farming it for gear...
  10. Lucaefor New Player

My main is Fire and yes there is a stigma surrounding Fire tanks, I have yet to complete Nexus or Dox as a tank due to an inability to find groups with everyone wanting Ice or Rage - but mainly Ice.

Experience has proven to me that success as a Fire tank is determined by the healer. With a good healer you can tank anything but with a poor one will almost always fail. This is even more true now since the nerf to Phase Dodge, the Rooney video is out of date and shouldn't really be used to demonstrate Fire Tanking anymore.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lucaefor New Player

That's absolutely correct and basically what happens if you are a Fire tank now. You'll also get kicked as a Fire DPS now as well as it's easily the weakest DPS in the game too.
  12. Jenny Hailey New Player

I have fire tanked every thing in the game EXCEPT DOX I just cant fathom doing it when the damage is so fast.
  13. Jenny Hailey New Player

THATS WHERE YOURE WAAAYYY WRONG FIRE DPS IS NO WHERE NEAR THE WORST DPS IN THE GAME!! I DO BOTH AND GOTTA SAY FIRE DPS KICKS BUTT!
    • Like x 1
  14. Flightboy New Player

It's really not that difficult at all. Get the boss positioned correctly (sometimes nowadays don't even need to aka good burners), gain Aggro (Pull or Backdraft), pop any fire move (any), health is buffed, block. Rinse and repeat. Youre welcome. :)
  15. Lucaefor New Player

Chuckle. Wakey wakey sleeping beauty.
  16. Lucaefor New Player

What happens when burnout is on cooldown and you are blockbroken (countered) by a T5 boss hmm? Fire doesn't get any kind of defense bonus or damage mitigation. You take about 15k damage in 1 second tanking two bosses, the boss block counter alone can deal 5k to 8k damage on it's own if it crits. By the time it takes to get up (nearly 2 seconds) you can be dead unless you have a good healer... and you are really stretching a healer out badly asking them to heal 20k in 2 seconds. Usually most PUG healers drop the ball and you end up getting KO'ed and wiping the team. Then you get kicked for being a "noob" tank.
  17. Jenny Hailey New Player

Yea you must not know how to fire dps...hopefully one day you'll learn.
  18. Lucaefor New Player

Oh and there I thought you were joking.

Since we are taking the claws out yes maybe I will learn one day but I suspect it wont be from you.
  19. Black Prime New Player

Fire tanking is fine. Buddy in my league was awesome at fire tanking. I think the problem alot of tanks have is they turtle to much thinking that will helpthem. It is better to learn counters. I hate tanks that turtle. They seem to get hit harder on a BB than a miss timed lunge attack. He stopped blocking except for the one shots. Even then if you just move a bit you will be fine. I think where fire lacks is the nerfs it has gotten over the years. People in pvp exploit fire tanks and they took alot of good things from them. If i remember correctly you used to be able to buff your health and stack other moves to make your health go even higher. Sound familier? Yes yet again rage wins here. For rage as long as there are adds and power they shouldnt die. Rage is just like ice. The tanking is not as simple, but as long as you know a good rotation you should feel like a ice tank. Most fire tanks dont want to be ice and vice vera. This is why they went rage. On top of fire dps being booty and rage being the easiest dps in the game. I love how people refer to themselves as op as a rage player. Remember, the entire dcuo can not be rage so play your easy mode and stop callin ya self beast. To be honest, besides my leaguemate i really have not seen a good rage dps. Most are no better than other people. I think rage makes bad dps look good with that super. Not saying there are not good rage dps, just saying it is easy mode.
  20. Black Prime New Player

Lol, why do these names mean anything.