Buying styles on alts with replays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Referring to what Johnny pointed out, no worries. This is a Forums of course, everyone is going to have different opinions:)
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

So apparently you didn't take my advice regarding the reading comprehension-issues. I think I am done with you, although I find it very entertaining when someone is so clueless about the matter at hand that they have to rely on insults to get some kind of win out of it.
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

What if I told you - your argument was invalid? :D
    • Like x 1
  4. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Let me be clear about something. A while back i finally managed to get the medieval legs for ObsidianKnightIV to complete his Medieval set so i could wear them on him. I spent over a year farming them. I ran Gotham University over 365 times trying to get those stupid mother freaking legs. They never dropped a single time for Obsidian (tho much to my RAGE they made sure to Drop for Emerald on one of the rare occasions i ran it with him. And of course they were worthless to him since Emerald already had Medieval completed from the Battle for Earth Duos). Over a year later i found out that a dps version of the legs dropped in League of Assassin's and it only took a couple months of running it every day making sure to get the right one (Lying Claw i think) but i got it.

Now i stuck with it for over a year but it was never for a second because it was "worth it". It was straight up because of sheer and unfiltered stubbornness. I wanted those Tank themed style's for a my tank and after i had successfully managed to get the controller themed styles for my controller (Military Tech) my OCD demanded that i stick with this no matter how many years it took. After i finally got it i wore the set for at most a couple months. I spent over a year farming them only to enjoy them for less then a month (i got tired of them less then a month later but it took a long time for me to be willing to accept that all that time and energy spent farming them was wasted on something that was no where near worth it. I didn't switch them immediately because switching them would effectively be a undeniable physical admittance that all the time and effort spent farming them pretty much served no other purpose other then to appease my own OCD which in itself is a bitter Revelation). There has never been a day where i felt that those Medieval legs were worth the grind. Even when they dropped finally and their was that massive feeling of relief that it was finally over, i still didn't think for a single second that those legs were ever worth the effort it took to get them. In fact quite the opposite, this incident is what has led me to be so strongly against this bullcrap. It is the reason i am so actively am trying to push this thread to it's goal. I will never be willing to go thru that again for a style that was never worth it to begin with.

This Horror Story isn't exclusive to me. Countless others on here have similar farming horror story's. Many of which who stuck with this bullcrap afterwards have multiple of them. This is why i so heavily push for style unlocking. Even when the current loot system is implemented it still rely's on RNG. If i recall correctly the chance of those legs dropping was supposed to be 1 in 14 (that is it would be if the popular myth was true and everything has a "equal" chance of dropping). However like i said i ran that instance over 365 times and RNG still denied me it. Doubling the chance still mean that it would have taken over 175 runs without getting it and that is still both absurd and unacceptable too me.
    • Like x 6
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

What if I told you, we already have enough exo's? :eek:
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I would tell you I'm too lazy to change my sig and it's been like that for 2 years:D
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

This horror-story you're throwing at me kind of makes me think that you think that I haven't been through this myself and that's why I don't agree with the suggestion of this thread. Again you seem to close your eyes to what I was saying this whole time. To MAKE THE GRIND WORTH IT they can adjust the loot tables, implement the GU47 loot system into all the tiers (which they have mentioned that they are planning on doing), making it so we can actually, in some extent, control the chance of the rare drops we need to drop in the instance we are farming so bad. Putting a price-tag on everything to make it a convenience or for some of us with horror-stories to share about certain styles - an option to escape the terror, will not actually change anything more than you can throw money at the problem.

I think it's time to just agree to disagree, because as someone who have farmed Ace Chemicals for too many times the past couple of years in the hopes of getting that last Alien Tech-piece to drop (which I am still farming for), I still think that this idea and other similar suggestions to get rid of the grind in certain aspects is the wrong approach to the problem.
  8. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I did address this but regardless as you said we'll prolly just have to agree to disagree. However, i feel that if your going to continue to debate against this that it should be done from a logical, rationale basis and it should be done with only this specific thread in mind and not other threads that are in no way related to this and are also notably infamous for how nonsensical the change they were requesting was.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

I think that stating that they should actually revisit and ADJUST loot tables is very logical and rationale basis as opposed to putting a price-tag on the problem. You want this implemented so bad that you refuse to see the possible negatives that will occur if implemented, much like other, similar threads i mentioned as a light example. It doesn't matter if they are irrelevant to THIS thread, it's the whole thinking behind those threads and this thread- Which is "this idea will benefit me, let me buy it instead of chasing it". Yes, again, let's agree to disagree.
  10. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

As has been stated multiple times this is a fix for a unrelated issue and very minimal impact on the issue this thread is focused on dealing with.

This seems like a pretty ironic statement to me. The classic "I'm right and everyone else in the world is wrong" logic/claim/argument/etc. And while in the past there have been cases where it was legitimately true. They are a Extreme minority and prolly total less then 1% of the cases. You say we want it so bad that we refuse to look at the potential negatives. You realize this thread is 19 pages long at this point and has been around for almost a entire year. It has been looked at by countless members of every different opinion and play-style on these forums. And yes while some have disagreed with the idea, it has been a small minority and generally consist of 2 different basis's for opposition. The cosmetic annoyance of the replay badge option and the belief that this will somehow make players want to quit the game. Now for this, we will ignore that on some of the pages of this thread that some people have said this change would make it so they would be willing to COME BACK TO DCUO. You say that people will quit the game the game because they will have nothing to grind for. The same thing a couple others in this thread have said. Every single time before in this thread that logic has been debunked If for no other reason then this change would encourage alts which by their very nature encourage more play time.

I would like too ask you to ask yourself if the reality of this is the opposite of what you claim and/or consciously realize. Are you (sub-consciously) so against it that you refuse to look at the potential positives of this. It wouldn't be something that would be hard to see. You only need to look over the posts in this thread. Your worried about people quitting the game and as a result the game dying. The game would only die if the game isn't making money. That's clearly not the case if you review this thread. Almost everyone is saying stuff like "they would be spending more money on DCUO then they would like to admit if this change was made".

Even if PURELY HYPOTHETICALLY the illogical happened and people quit the game after dropping a butt-ton of money to buy the styles for their alts that they already unlocked on another toon. Then they still have dropped a butt-ton of money on the game before-hand. The game dies when the money stops coming, not when the players leave. These sound like effectively the same thing but the difference while being extremely subtle is also extremely important and while these are undeniably linked they do not necessary mean one will doom the other. However this all irreverent anyways as this is all nothing but a extremely illogical HYPOTHETICAL that has no real facts or data that even suggest it as possible outcome.
    • Like x 1
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

That sentence I colored, since we are coloring texts and mentioning irony now, I have to say you fit perfectly well in that colored sentence of yours. I have an opinion, nothing more. I stand by my opinion and I accept yours, you are the one doing everything in your power to undermine another persons right to have one, trying to convert them over to the other camp where "the right opinion" is. I guess it's time to stop responding to each other now, the level of behavior is starting to sink lower and lower after every reply. I guess it's those wallet-goggles and the blindness that got mentioned earlier.
  12. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Perhaps... I was more referring to how you seem to be the only one debating this while everyone else in the thread is not so much debating a idea as they are debating you (meaning that you are the only one supporting this idea while everyone else disagrees with you about it).

Let's be clear about what this is and where we are. This is a online forum for DCUO. And this is in a topic that is requesting a certain change. That change being giving us the ability to pay real life money to unlock styles we have put the time in and already unlocked legitly. As with any other thread of this nature every post is "required" to be done in a "constructive" way. When people post a counter-point to a proposed change on these forums is meant to read, understood, and then either agreed with or disagreed with. If you disagree with something then the generally accepted thing to do is state why you disagree. And it is thru this "exchange of ideas" that a overall favorable outcome is supposed to come from. You have stated why you disagree with this. I have stated why i disagree with you on this. Now each time the other replies we both have a choice on whether or not we wish to reply to the others response. This Thread is specifically meant for the purpose of THIS PARTICULAR DEBATE. I am in this thread doing exactly what this thread is intended for. I am debating why i think this is a good idea. You have stated why you disagree. And i have stated why i disagree with you on this. Each time i respond you have just as much as a option as i do too not respond back. Yet you continue to respond anyways and you do so while while telling me that i "shouldn't reply back to your response". And if this thread wasn't specifically meant for the purpose of this maybe that would be the best course of action. But that IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS INTENDED FOR and i'm doing exactly what i'm supposed to be doing in it.

To be extremely blunt. If you really look over what's being said can you explain too me how your most recent response's cannot be summed up as "Here is my counter-point, now please do not respond with a counter-point to my own counter-point".
    • Like x 1
  13. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Lol i totally feel you. I finally just got around to fully updating my sig this morning. Been meaning to get around to it for over 4 years so it quite a notable thing for me lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I think it's time to let this thread die out man ;) if it's been almost a year and no input from the devs, chances are it isn't going to happen
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think it should die... no green comments doesn't mean that it's gone unnoticed or been disregarded.
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'd love to walk off the ship with a fully realized character. I hate looking stupid in the beginning of the game. I support this idea.
    • Like x 4
  18. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Not really. I been on these forums for years. And even when i first saw this i knew it could take years for the devs to finally be willing to acknowledge this. Some of the other features that are in-game right now are only in game because a thread on these forums stayed alive for years and eventually the devs were forced to acknowledge lol. I mean really, what really big requested feature on here hasn't required over a hundred likes to be taken seriously by the devs ;)...
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I'm also in favor of unlocking the styles parts if you've spent replays to unlock a particular style feat on an alt. It makes no sense it's not the case already. Either you unlock the style parts or the ability to unlock style feat should be removed, should be one or the other not a weird in-between.
    • Like x 2
  20. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.