Buying styles on alts with replays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzraelR Committed Player

bla bla bla

I created a char munitions where my goal with him is just do PVE. (I just run PVP with my main char, because I hate PVP)

As munitions, I think the hush back (T6 PVP villains set) excellent and fits well with the power.

There is no seller where you can buy just the styles. Soon the only way I can get this back is doing PVP arena/legends, buying ALL the sets T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 just to arrive at Hush set and buy this dam style.

Just let me buy the style (I've got on my main) with my char munitions, or if I can not, just put the style on the seller. There's no reason to get PVP gear if my goal is not to play PVP.
    • Like x 3
  2. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Actually, we Role Players take it at stages. Costumes change as we get more experience. It does not hurt our RP, in fact it adds depth to our RP. We do content too, like anyone else. I am T7 on two characters, to prove my point. But the fact I had to find the styles on my alt, made me play more. That in turn helped the community, cause I was there helping with raids and alerts and even duos.

That is my point. To help the community, not just buying styles you can earn in game. If you want to put up styles for money, make better ones in market that are exclusive. I will spend money there.
  3. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So basically, you are saying that no other game does it. I can change my hair and skin, on the fly. I do not need to spend anything. The Cartel is just the Market Place of DCUO. So once again, not the same thing. In fact, none of your examples allow you to buy styles that you get in game. So it is invalid.

The only game I ever saw that allowed you to transform your gear into the look of another, is Rift. Though, I think that Aion does it too. I am not certain on that one though.

So basically, like I said before, it is a bad idea to let people buy all styles.
  4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Well I have over 4k replays, if that lets you know where my money goes. As in I never use replays, really. I have been playing for 4 years though and been Legendary since day one. That is why I have so many. I do not buy feats, except the hardest ones. I do all the content for the rest of them. I also get the styles on my alts. I never use guides to find the briefs, and after 4 years playing, I have still found briefings. I just play the game and anything I get out of it is a surprise. To each their own, I guess?

And if you play them all, wouldn't it take away the excitement to get gear that you already had the style to? For me, it is a let down to get new gear that is better stats and BAM... I have that style already. It takes away the wonder of the game. Just like when I take a friend into an alert and we both get the feat, and she does not get hers. I am sad, cause she already paid for it. The enjoyment and cheering for something is gone, if you never see it. That is why I hardly ever buy feats and why I say that buying styles with replays has and always will be, a bad idea.
  5. same Johnny Dedicated Player

That's perfectly fine with your view on Replay Badges and feat unlock.

Has zero relevance with unlocking styles. You win nothing for wearing Vestments of Rage style off the Brainiac Ship except personal satisfaction and maybe even a stronger desire to run that character.

Styles, in any MMO, have nothing to do with winning, and all to do with Role Playing.

Furthermore, as soon as the Devs decided we could unlock feats we had already won in a character, any argument regarding "You didn't get it on that character!" becomes fully mute. By Dev decree, not mine or anyone else's. The makers of this game clearly told everyone that "You didn't get it on that character!" has ZERO value.

Thought I should add, looking at the «no marks in older content if you're this "tall"» and remembering that the original plan regarding the CR differential mechanic was having high end players taking MORE damage and doing LESS if they outgeared content, it's a pretty safe assumption end game players aren't really that welcome in lower instances.
    • Like x 3
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

To a RPer, getting the style is the win. I do not care as much about the gear, as how it looks. I will never display T3 gear, cause it is the ugliest gear I can imagine. But I did collect it still. So I guess what I am saying is that "One person's reward is not the same to another." I care about styles more than the CR. I do content to get styles. See where I am going with that?
  7. same Johnny Dedicated Player

I do see, yeah. And I'm glad that, for the sake of the game, not everyone is happy with just sitting around in the Watchtower looking pretty.

Obviously, to each his own, and I'm glad you get your kick out of that. For the other players who don't think like you do, this is a very interesting idea.
  8. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Yep My Nightwing alt desperately wants the Nightwing PVP gear but even if i live for 100 years and the servers stay up for just as long Working all that way up in PVP gear with him will never be worth it for a single second. If it was PVE gear, sure maybe someday i might get it. But i'm definitely never doing PVP on THAT alt...

P.S.
    I LOVE DCUO's PVP but Nightwing is like my 14 or so alt on the chain of priority so he it will never be worth the time...
  9. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

10. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I am missing the Alien Tech legs and chest style to complete the set on Karma Agent. I've been unsuccessfully looking for them for months. A few days ago I got the legs with Blastock, my other controller.

[IMG]

I would be very happy if I could be able to buy the style by using the replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  11. Laz523 Well-Known Player

I know your pain, still working on a couple of pieces for that style which I already have on my tank alt
  12. majosea Dedicated Player

no just no ,. dev would lose a lot of money for exp a tank or heal or troller you can only collect the style that role . if want a tank to collect tallon lord style you have to buy a power respect to a troller to collect them - that $10.00 from the devs pocket and that just for one. switch tank to collect heartshard style you have respect to a healer to collect that one again the a $10.00 . so replay badging a auto collecting styles , devs would be losing money.
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

[IMG] there's you're answer.
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think that the style should count towards the feat.... we already have feat unlocks for that. For Example: I can buy the Talon Lord feat on any toon already. But, I can't buy the head style on a toon who it would "fit"....so I go with out.
    I won't run old content just for a style aesthetic. I'll find something similar. But, I would pay for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. same Johnny Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    2 can play that game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No because the dev team will lose money if they do this and btw I have you beat:[IMG]
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Like they lose money with feat unlock? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  18. Laz523 Well-Known Player

How oh how are they losing money? Please explain. If anything if this was to happen, the styles would have to be bought with replays which only way you can get those is buying them so how are they losing money again?
    • Like x 2
  19. majosea Dedicated Player

again i have a tank and want that toon to collect a diffent role style like tallon laord or heartshard i would have to buy a power respect to a healer or a troller power to collect that style . going by what yall are asking to atuo unlock style so that mean you would not have buy a power respect to a centain power to collect a style . keep in made power is $10.00 everytime . dev would lose a lot money
  20. Laz523 Well-Known Player

Why would I spend $20 bucks to change from my current power ice to lets say gadgets to spend less then 3 mins in that power before going back to my original power? That sounds like money lost to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.