Buying styles on alts with replays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

So we have the ability to buy feats on alts, but whn it comes to the style feats your left wondering what pieces you have of that style if you bought the feat. Unless you go in each tab and look for them piece by piece, it's a bit annoying. My suggestion is not only letting us buy feats. but buy styles as well.

[IMG]

Above is just a run up of what it could possibly be like.

Now i don't mean to say that i'm a level 1 on the ship first character on the account and i'm gonna run out of there with, the helmet of Omnipotience. NO!

the way i envision this feature to work is like so. You completed or won a style on one toon. In doing so it unlocks it in each of your characters style menus but it would be red as pictured above. if you spend the amount of replays required you can then use that style without having to look for it again in open world on that character. Much like buying a feat.

The way i see the prices working could be one of two ways.
    Back, waist, hands, belt. all cost 1 replay.
    shoulders and heads cost 3 replays
    Chest and Legs cost 5.

Way 2.
    Iconic styles cost 5 no matter which piece.
    theme styles cost 3.
    various epics and styles cost 1.

The reason I'd like to see this in game is because like many, i make alot of characters. I make one to try out new power sets. I don't know about you guys though but i get bored after trying to get the right look for them. like farming a whole set of Vestments gear for a Red Lantern character. I would much rather have it unlocked on one character then be able to buy it on another like we can do with feats now.

So what dose everyone think?
    • Like x 119
  2. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

First, when Feat Unlocks were announced, I was hoping if Styles, Collections, etc. were included that we’d also receive them in our mail.

Of course this was not the case and hence I haven’t bought any of those feats and continue to play those instances in pursuit of those styles and feats.

That said, while I would consider this double dipping by charging us for the feat and they style, it kinda makes as there would have to be a retroactive change in order to consolidate purchasing Styles and their Feats.

Though I would rather the devs expand the styles that’re being made available for purchase from the vender to include less “iconic” styles that could be purchased for MOT instead of the highest mark (Fury, ATM) for an inflated premium.

In the end, I’m all for having more access to styles I’ve already collected from constant grinding, especially when loot trees are still a mess in a majority of the content we run, especially since more loot has been added in the form of Generator mods.
    • Like x 4
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

When I first saw the title, I was thinking "Curse, you should know better." Then I read the post, and got where you were going. :p
    I like the idea. I have a ton of styles on my main, but couldn't possibly have the time to get the same thing on my hero alt, let alone my villain (one day I will log in and you will be online! ;)). This would be a great idea. I just wish we could share styles across faction as well...the T1 and T2 styles for villain as well as the original pvp styles are beastly! That Trigon head style would fit perfectly for my main. :(
    • Like x 4
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Well i didn't mean cross faction. Faction specific styles wouldn't go across factions. but I do agree, I love the Robin back!
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

Why not let us share styles cross faction this way? :D Then we could have faction respec tokens too... Maybe...
  6. kawe Loyal Player

Yay and Nay...

I personally prefer to go get the styles I want. I don't want them to hand us everything. Being able to unlock the feats for alts is already very alt friendly. If we got the styles too I'd feel like my alt is only worth the repalys I stuffed into it and not the time and work.

BUT...

...having multiple alts to the point where it is tedious to farm all the styles for the x-th time, this would be very welcome.

Beside my main, I have 2 "secondary mains" I work on getting all styles for. I could simply buy the feats of my main, but I enjoy going into alerts and seeing a drop I need. But for all alts beyond these 3 I'd welcome this feature.

So I'm a bit torn, but kinda in the same situation like you. >_<
    Nice Idea either way, so +1 from me.
    • Like x 2
  7. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I've been thinking this would be a nice option as well as weapon styles. One of the nice things on my alts now is I can get the feat for styles without having to fill up my list with styles I will absolutely never wear.
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I love it. I was thinking how they could possibly integrate this feature into their current User Interface but couldn't come up with anything. This method is simple, well integrated and works.
    • Like x 1
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

No! I'll keep my Paralax gear thank you:p
    I would say yes to all styles except for faction specific. I don't want villains wearing House of El war suits LoL.
  10. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

Never really understood why we don't get the style pieces if we buy the feat. How is that in any way gamebreaking?
    • Like x 6
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Because your making the choice to have the skill points rather than the style
  12. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

And what I wear affects you how? Personally I'd think buying the SP would be worse than the outfit.
    • Like x 1
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Not saying it affects me at all. What I'm saying is they give you a choice to make. Go collect the styles again on that alt, or spend 3-5 Replays and complete the feat now. Its a catch 20. with this system you could have the option to do both.
    • Like x 1
  14. Feenicks New Player

No
    • Like x 1
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

You never like my ideas Feenicks!:oops:
    • Like x 1
  16. Feenicks New Player

Sorry. I was dead set against feat unlocks and this is just making that feature deeper. Slippery slope and all that. What's next? Skill point sharing? Tier gear account bound?
    • Like x 1
  17. Seth Grey New Player

I prefer method two. You unlock the feat you unlock the entire style set. HOWEVER...as long as I get to unlock the specific piece I want for my char I'm happy either way.

Btw I have 14 chars at the moment with specific back story and look in my mind....it's a shame I can't get to em all because I have to level up my character for certain missions.

Devs, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
    • Like x 3
  18. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Ehh kinda on the fence with this. I would like the styles on my last but using replays to further unlock the styles you have the feats for makes running older content a little more useless and is even furthering the grab for more money through use of replays.
    • Like x 1
  19. NecronDaark New Player

I don't really care for having the styles on my alt, I just want the SP. I can see why people want the styles included with the feat purchase. If you are allowed to buy the feat, might as well give the complete prize though.

Why not just make feat unlocking CR specific? You can't unlock Wastelands feats until you are T5 and can run the content, THEN the feat unlocks. But it's the full feat, with complete style or prize included.
    • Like x 1
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Tier gear being account bound seems a bit extreme don't you think?

Its just an alternative from buying the feat. that way you spend a little more and you get the style, and the feat. or once you have the feat, you can buy the styles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.