Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The Other day I trolled sj or wc forgot which with a healer and two dps .I guess one of the dps didn't get the memo he kept blowing threw his power at a rate I could not keep up and he didn't let it regen either.I was not worried about the clown the healer and other dps had power bars full most of the time but he didn't.I thought it was amusing he then type in chat Power ? Lol it was so cute anyway I went on and worried about the healer and other dps if you can't even let your power regen for a sec without a care in the world well you got me all messed up I will not worry about you but FOCUS on the players who know the new way of playing he should have popped a damn cola.
  2. Hendrix Well-Known Player

<in response to Mosquito_1 who wrote "Catch 22 anyone?">

You did not set up a Catch 22. A catch 22 is when the criterion is self-disqualifying. In order to be dismissed from military service due to insanity, the soldier must submit a personal request, but submission of the request disqualifies the person because it is sane to want to be dismissed from wartime military service.

In DCUO's war, if the developers disqualified any feedback about adjustment to trolling from any players who are actually using trolling powers, then we would have a Catch 22.
  3. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

I have a troll named JohnnyPower.
    He was very happy to hear about the revamp.
    After revamp he played and played, but after a little while he said: "enough".
    Now he is on a everlasting holiday... (Waiting for the next revamp.)
    • Like x 2
  4. Xorian Justice Well-Known Player

Awwww man I guess I will wait to play a controller, I love being a mana battery but this sounds brutal.
  5. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

I think the Troll needs work, however I was able to find a fairly good build close to what I had before the revamp and can still stun, supply tons a power and still manage to stay alive... Speaking of Quantum that is... (I will say the Quantum DPS is not the same as it was and my toon is over 200 SP)
  6. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Agreed. If the DPS's haven't worked out a decent loadout that replenishes their power, then they haven't spec'd properly... or they're noobs that are only at the level required for that instance because they've abused the system to get better gear.

Stay strong and have some conviction, if you're doing your role correctly and the tanks & healers are good for power then the DPS's that are dying are just useless.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hendrix Well-Known Player

<in response to Niteforce: " Speaking of Quantum that is... (I will say the Quantum DPS is not the same as it was and my toon is over 200 SP) >

You are correct, any old quantum AM play style is thoroughly changed. But quantum is competitive. In fact, quantum is more versatile than ever. Multiple loadouts are effective. Time-based can be as good as Gravity-based. I am having a blast with Grav bomb-Einstein Ray-Lift-Einstein Ray (repeat) PftT. Totally different, but new and effective.

Trolling is debuff-weapon combo-power recharge-weapon combo (repeat). Does sound a little sad, but hasn't it always been this way? <rhetorical question indicator>
    • Like x 1
  8. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Mepps did in fact disqualify any fix by saying there is no fix..then told us to accept or push back..care to read his response in this thread before completely sounding like a ********?
    • Like x 1
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

This should help the role out, remove the power giving from controllers, and give the controllers the automatic function to give power based off they presence in instance or group, there should be an aura around the controllers symbolizing there function of the automatic power grant to non-controllers.

And the vital stats will contribute to how much power your aure grants, while this will be a load off the controllers conscious of being just a battery, controllers can focus on more importing things like controlling, also increase the crowd control effect for controllers, allow a 1 out of 50 chance to crowd control a boss, only for controllers.

This seems like the best solution going forward.
    • Like x 2
  10. recoil Committed Player

being a troll isn't all that bad. for example i ran the new rise of the bat alert with two cowardly dps and a sub par healer. well i did my job and kept pumping them power whilst simultaneously crowd controlling and debuffing and buffing. when we got to the boss final boss i was the only team member even fighting. the dps weren't good even with the buffs and fighting against equally debuffed opponents and the healer couldn't keep us alive at all. each and every time we fought we wiped, why? cause the healer and dps didn't do their jobs. well then i said "we need a tank." so they kick the troller instead of 1 of the 2 sucky dpses to MAYBE get a tank. okay so now even if they do get a tank they're still dead cause they'll go 2 minutes before a not debuffed boss tears through their non buffed, powerless toons. there are much sadder things to be in this game than a troller.
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

A much easier way to achieve what you want is to just buff PoT and Power dumps and increase the cooldown of Power dumps.
    Only that way Trollers will have time and power to debuff and mass CC cause right now they are busy spamming Power dumps all the time.

Before the Revamp I actually enjoyed occasionally going as troller with my Light toon cause I was really only working for tank and heal and had plenty of time to CC with combos. Now that Ive tried few raids post Revamp and I didnt have time to combo at all and only had to spam power instead, Im pretty sure troller is least desired role for me.

Debuffs restoring small amount of power to group members should also be considered, giving power only via PoT and Dumps is a little dull.
  12. Shifty Committed Player

Trolls honestly aren't as bad as ya think ;)
  13. Isif Committed Player

Enjoy. To each his own.;)
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I don't think any role should require stress when executing a function that is not primary to it's role, ex. Healers focusing on shields while ignoring the heals, if we're gonna go with making controllers power healers then why not make it secondary to crowd control.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kestral Committed Player

So your solution was to remove controllers from the game then.
    I liked being a battery on my alt. It was like healing but you look at blue bars instead of green and you get to do other neat stuff like debuffs and be free to pick people up on the side. Now it's just a wasted DPS spot that is useful to no one. As a healer I would now rather have the extra DPS spot then a controller in a Raid and that is beyond horrible. Debuffs are not a significant enough function to base a role around. Make it possible for controllers to have more than one instant ability so they can at least keep the Tank & Healers out of the red in power at least.

Shoot if the problem with power is only with the greedy dps then make and additional power ability instant that does not apply to dps players at all just for the Tanks/heals/other-Trolls.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This was a end of conversation about controllers and power kind of answer. :)

To mepps, I'm sorry bro, it has not always been like that. I've run with top leagues over my years. From back in the day until revamp, being a troll and being a good troll were viewed as a skilled power. The AMs were put in and the easy mode started. Dummying down the role to the point of only needing one for many years. This went on to long man. The trolls out there now, not everyone, but most. Are very much stuck in that time. Even solo trolling they had enough power to keep a group going, and have fun doing stuns and debuffs. Now, of course, people only want one troll. No matter your skill level as a troll, you give out the same power. The double ticks were a necessary part for a trolling. I mean, if you add all the power each person uses, currently, you can give enough power. Even healers used to help back in the day. C'mon, who doesn't remember people calling out hive mind and carnage is out.

If power is this much of an issue, maybe it is time to explore removing those functions from that role. Maybe that role is change to a buff/debuff power. Since any power thrown gives ppt, leave that as is. Make the buffs and debuffs part of mechanics in our content. Obviously power is in all content, but like i said, AMs broke some players. Those that weren't here when a dps wasn't just measure by damage, but his power usage. When only speedsters had a power back SC. Things have not works the same the entire life of the game, power wise. But where it's at is not fun.

And yes, I love running my munitions alt as a troll. But not being able to have fun with my stuns anymore is frustrating. Tanks keep people alive, healer keep people alive trollers get yelled at by everyone for more power!

What frustrates me is I pug 100% of the time. I put my groups together and have to argue with one after the other that we are taking two trolls. Like i said, it broke a lot of players. There isn't the same kind of respect for trolls like there was pre AMs. No matter the trollers skill level, most face having to solo troll if they pug. I know you said there's no plans, but please, please, please consider my suggestions, others suggestions, some suggestions.

This is also the down fall of not having a test server console players can test on. I think you would have had better feed back other than top tier end game players. This isn't a knock on anyone, this is the what we are dealing with. Going from AMs to this and saying we as players should push back. To what extent? Just stop playing as a troll? It's happening, so...
    • Like x 2
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I havent met a troller who likes to be used as a pure battery. The easiest solution I see is to make Power Dumps more powerful and increase their cooldowns so trollers wouldnt need to spam these all the time. PoT's strength should also be increased cause Vitalization scaling is very poor atm.

It is not normal for Controllers and Healers to prefer to max out Power+Might first cause their used to be main stat - Vit/ Resto scales poorly!
  18. Perdition Committed Player

Trolls got the short stick on the revamp. I really hate what they have done with it. but apart from that i adjusted myself and seem to do very well with it even tho it just exsists out of spamming powerdump every 1.5sec and then my defense debuff which is also my SC gen for gadgets. it depends on the type of people u run with aswell. u can tell if the person is below 200SP just by looking at their powerbar.
    • Like x 2
  19. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Man I'd been playing since year one before I got out about 8 months ago. And boy am I glad I did. This is the first time I've checked these forums since I stopped playing, and from the first few threads I've read it sounds like the same old problems. Under performing powers, crappy drop rates, time capsule garbage, trolling still an issue, same seasonals over and over. I had slim hopes that the power/stat might fix some of them but from what I've been reading it's just more of the same.

As happy as I am that I got out when I did, I'm even happier I got my wallet out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shifty Committed Player

This isnt true lol. For example, an earth dps with 260+ sp still burn power extremely fast. You can't always jump to conclusion and say "this play has low sp because he burns thru his power bar".. Certain powers just do this like nearly all combo powers.
    • Like x 2