Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i could have jumped into to troll a jfa raid just now. have an hour before i got to get out for work, would have been plenty of time finished up my dailies...had a full supercharge.

just didn't feel like it. going into a raid and spamming recharge in between pulse beam with the occasional defense debuff while dps drain themselves silly in a tiz to get the top spot. it puts me to sleep. its like the TD boss fights during WM.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Actually, the responses I've seen to the healing and trolling side, not sure they would explain it very well. Heck, they still haven't figured out how to clearly state on a bonus marks weekend what the actual bonus is without clarification.
    • Like x 1
  3. RLManuel Committed Player

Thanks. I tried this with my trolls, and spec'ing full might and power is way better then full vit
  4. SparkmanX Committed Player

In other threads I have already commented that the problem is not in controller power, the problem is in the way the game was designed. The instances were designed for the dps and the rest of the roles play around this role.

Instances do not require the powers of controllers to dominate and control, all those toys we have are mere luxuries in most occasions. That's why the role of controller has become one of the most boring of this game, even in the alerts, where we used to be kings.

The sad thing is that many players called "elite" strongly support that the instances remain so and that the only valid recognition that a player has is the scoreboard
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Or they can buff only the PoT significantly like 50% or even 70% so that the Controller can debuff and attack more.
    • Like x 1
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Debuffing only needs to happen every 12 seconds. Anything more than that is just for convenience such as debuffing adds. Attacking more is counter-productive because it decreases your dumping frequency. If your pot is increased but your dumping frequency goes down, depending on how much, you could still put out less power than before. Power dumps maxed out frequency wise can be over 50% of your power out in a raid.
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

So you say. Power hungry DPS can sit and spin. Keep yelling at trolls for more power. I'm sure that will fix your problem for ya.
  8. Streven Dedicated Player

Trolls will never give enough power for power hungry players. No need to encourage that bad behavior.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Oh...I do trust me..I have been playing as troll for the better part of 6 years through every major change...and by far this is the worst. I was capable of soloing content pre OC..and throughout...this version although doable is tougher because the batch of dps we have now have no sense of power management and power intake.

It's funny when I mention that when they brag about their million over the 2nd dps,....I get a "huh"...or a ****.

But when they mention anything b

about them being low on power...I put those ******* in place in a heart beat.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

True to a fault..however, instances where there is
    also an infinate amount of power drain(dwf) is also there as well.

In the current state, where it is encouraged to only carry one troll..this is an unfair observation in my opinion. Especially since the troll role has to adapt more than any of the other roles. So, when are trolls going to be eliminated from game?...can we get a hint?
    • Like x 2
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

12. Surtur Well-Known Player

13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, if you were there and would see the fools on top of the conveyer in first boss of WC. This had nothing to do with the three different groups I was in. Had to ask them nicely, multiple times, to get down. Yes, I understand how line of sight works. When the healer is hiding behind objects, neither I or the rest of the group is gonna run after them and hide together holding hands. :)

On the blocking, yes I rarely have to block, cause I'm rage. Between my own healing back and usually the healing from a healer is plenty to keep me up. It's bad when you have to stop, block, and wait on heals from a obvious brand new nature healer, whose probably a dps, with zero hots going. But yeah, the humanity of having to wait on heals, who'd figure.
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Was it a PUG group? 3 dps and 1 heal? Was your soda on cool down? Was your supply drop on cool down? Was your sidekick available? Was communication happening?

I know you just switched, but how close are you to finishing your tank gear? Would it have helped if you could've tanked?

At the end of the day, you finished, right? The smoothness of runs is up to all of us. But also that's why I'm on the villain side, less population, but more experienced players. :)
  15. MMDDGG New Player

I've already solved it .... I went to another game. Thank you for not being interested in the gaming community. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I find Anomaly Great in AoJ instances for all these damn hallways of adds we get :)
  17. Microwave Well-Known Player

I HAVE NOT PLAYED MY CR198 QUANTUM TROLL MULTIVERSAL QUANTA SINCE THE REVAMP, HE IS DEAD.

If anyone remembers the exact date the revamp went live will you mention it in a reply? I'd like to remember what to put on his tombstone...

Since my quant troll ended up my main, and i didn't feel like going back to sorcery healing, the only thing keeping me in the game right now is playing atomic tank and water powers(i guess i'll probably heal) are a close second favorite so far but water is new, still checking it out.

Being quantum troll before the revamp WAS FUN, had a purpose - repowering the team and utilizing crowd control powers - to support the team in key ways. Quant troll was a refined system utilizing wm/am to deliver precision and strategically placed support to the team. The removal of some of the mechanics and gutting of base stats/power(whatever they did to make it SUCK) makes it useless. The Quantum troll has been totally nerfed imo. Gutted. Powerless. Purposeless.

I am still trying to find a happy place with my Quantum but so far I basically haven't even gotten over the disgust to try yet.
    Play style is different. Everything is different. And not for the better. And the shield effect on quantum tunneling still sucks. Hasn't changed since test server...

RIP my beloved troll
    LOL
  18. Isif Committed Player

Extinction doesn't feel that far away. They have somehow given healers very "individual" ways to accomplish the task of green bar refilling, but when it comes to that blue bar...oh boy. You can cookie cut most troll powers into the exact layout. I guess they can only be clever with HoTs and DoTs, but not PoT.
    • Like x 3
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Oh I know it isn't too far away, with the cut in a troll ability, and the removal of POT...it's around the corner. But to get someone from the upper echelon and/or the dev team to admit they screwed the troll role is a different story. Instead we are expected to either "accept or push back"...but if you choose the latter instead of the former you are usually chastised.

Catch 22 anyone?
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sadly here lately it doesnt seem that way lol, the revamp seems to have made every clueless all over again, and Im villain exclusive.