Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Shifty Committed Player

The troll role definitely needs to be focused more on, instead of this stupid crap like quarks and time capsules and crap like that, but I don't see anything any fixes any time soon, so just get used to how trolling is currently and adapt!
    • Like x 3
  2. Perdition Committed Player

i can keep them supplied with power. it also depends how u are specced. a full vit spec for example wont work.. the only power which i sometimes struggle with to keep up in power is electric. but it depends on the player.

EDIT: also DPS needs to get it in their skull that they are not gonna be able to spam 300 powercost moves.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Look the amount of damage supports can do now while wearing full support gear makes it where you should be running to trolls and heals now. If dps want power get a second troll get off thier high horse and play the game more how it was designed
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Controlling is in a terrible mess.

It was my main role prior to revamp. Skill points wise, I was the number two munitions troll on the EU server. Now, I hate trolling and cringe when I have to do it.

You have DPSes who use cola loadouts (ie, their soder is always on cooldown) who you just cannot keep powered, because they are wanting to absolutely push out as many high cost/high damage powers as they can.

This means that as a controller you stand there power dumping like a lunatic desperately trying to get some power to the healer and the tank, but only when they are among the most power fatigued team members do they get any benefit.

The dev team response to this would be that those DPSes should go for a less power-hungry loadout. But here's the thing: DPSes have been conditioned to want to be the top of the scoreboard by that same dev team for six years.

The roleless buff in alerts seems to give more power back than anything other than a top-end troll would give. Trolls are almost completely redundant in alerts now - even on launch.
    • Like x 3
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ehhh thirsty dps get no power from me. Giving power to healers and tanks and debuffing has always been fun 4 me
    • Like x 2
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I mis the old troll days so bad.I used to have 6 controllers now i have zero thanks to the Stupid revamp that broke the troller role completly...I'm so Mad about it that I realy boiling inside when thinking of what they have done to my beautiful role :mad:
    • Like x 6
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I pug a lot, and thats my fault... But every once in awhile there's a group whos health and power barely drops.

I'll literally have to stop myself from spamming cause everyones full.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I can t tell if this thread is about how power is given or missing out on constantly debuffing. I feel it's the later, cause power isn't really an issue most of the time. Those wanting to spam debuffs are obviously gonna have trouble. My alt, munitions, has no problem. Just lots of shield throwing.
    • Like x 1
  9. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I play DPS and Tank. I have never asked for 'MORE POWA!' Those are just idiots who can't manage their loadouts. It's usually their fault rather than the Controllers, so try to ignore them. You know how to play your role. I know it can be hurtful though, when players try to pass the blame for their bad play onto you. One of my alts is a Healer and it's frustrating how the Healer gets blamed for the DPSes stupidity. Like.. DPSes aren't Tanks.. don't melee the boss, unless you are very op for the content.. block when you see the kill icon.. jeez.
  10. profsmalls Active Player

My issue with trolling is that it's entirely the opposite of what the Devs stated this Revamp was supposed to do for the role.

The Dev team have stated time and time again they don't want trolls to be battery only, but with the revamp that's about all we can do with throwing a few debuffs in there.

This is more problematic in my eyes being a troll since 2013 and how well it was back then. For those who didn't have the chance let me explain what it was like.

Back in 2013-2014 you saw almost always 2 trolls in a group with one trolls purpose being P.o.t and another mainly debuffing. Mind you the first troll did all of the above, but their main focus was power. One of my favorite things back then was the trolls ability to CONTROL the battlefield such as a mental player using mass lev/lev to CC ads the tank couldn't handle for a second to stop the group from dying. Sadly this type of CCing hasn't existed for the past 2-3 years and thus a lot of people haven't felt this kind of fun.

My main issue is just that, I want the troll to go back to 2014 where we had the ability to make a huge difference in a fight.
    Also I wish that P.o.t would be added back as a power as this provided a large difference between a decent troll and a great troll through double ticking.
    • Like x 3
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You can't heal stupid, BUT there are a lot of bad players out there. Being close has nothing to do with dying. Knowing where to stand while meleeing or ranging is key. Your just as likely to die from being the furthest away in most content. It's a built in mechanic. Pretty sure GOM was the last raid where the boss attacked off of proximity.

I have trouble with healers not using shields. It's almost like a dps thing. They want them big numbers. My healer, water, runs a damage prevention loadout. I see how little of heals I can do, while running three group shields.

Same goes for trollers. Rarely do I need to look for power, but I also put my groups together and carry two. But there are bad trolls, heals, tanks, and dps. Let's not blame everything on dps all the time. Since the revamp, we've had to all watch tons of players switch from gadgets, mental, and ice to nature, electric, and earth. Most having no clue how to run their off roles, but doing so at end game to get gear and make us all suffer, sigh

Bad players are just bad players. Has nothing to do with what they play.
    • Like x 1
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Trollers are batteries. That is really all they are needed for. Before the revamp they were able to concentrate on crowd control more, but now....It's back to being a battery plain and simple. Maybe if trollers had as many pots and healers have hots, things would be different. I honestly believe when they did the revamp, they didn't apparently think of how the power usage of other powers affects the controllers ability to keep up AND crowd control and debuff. Healers only have 1 job, to heal. Controllers have to CC, give power, and debuff. So why did they not consider that in the revamp?
    • Like x 1
  13. TheWizardOfLightz New Player

If I troll I am not there to be your DPS slave, Will troll how I like and will get into every raid on first LFG good luck doing that DPS
  14. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

nice comment :)
    yes, that's true enough! I play DPS myself so I'm not against em. But, they do seem to be the ones who usually do the complaining, and the ones whose health bar just bleeds. Yes, bosses can be meleed, but you can see the big attacks more easily if you keep a bit of distance.
    Running t7 and t8 duos gives a good inclination of how poor and spineless many players are.
  15. Version San Diego Active Player

Good dps= pick ups, mechanics, and now power conservation to a point since trolls can only do so much. In my opinion trolls are not that bad. Yes they put out less power now and stun times are down. They can still debuff and stun some ads(kinda) if the group stays a little responsible for their own power. When I troll if tank and heal have power it’s good. Let scoreboard chasers starve.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

doesn't help that there isn't any content written for controllers. a few boss fights here and there benefit from a healing or defense debuff but thats about it. there should be a few boss fights where a controller or two is required for completion where dps, healers and tanks need to protect the troll...
  17. Shelly Active Player

You spec into super powered and throw everything into might & power? Take the troll 1st two forgot what they are critical power & ? the other one and left over put into vit. I have no problem trolling raids alerts etc.. doing it this way I'm able to debuff plus add control. Also use extended supercharge in your chest and put in your rotation the one move for your power that builds your supercharge. Try it and good luck if you are on US server I dont mind giving you my spec's in game name is Shelly
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

know what I use to always tell them?

hug it out til your power is full again, or you know, soda/supply drop for yourself.
  19. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Your job as a troll are 3 things.
    1. Provide power to support roles.
    2. Debuff.
    3. Stun adds.
    Thats it.
    Since this games been out, a troll could never keep everybody fully powered.
  20. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

True about the first part..in its basic concept. The 2nd part...not so much. There are trolls out there that are very capable..consistently.

However, it is a lot harder to do so in its current state...especially to the players who weren't around prior to AM