Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Are you playing the same game?

I see constant belittlement of players in group, usually directed at a support role, usually from DPS, yet we are supposed to have etiquette?
    • Like x 3
  2. monaka Well-Known Player

I implore you to present more facts.

A lot changed, including POT being cut by nearly 50% of what it was prior to update. The power out on instant heal has been reduced significantly. How has any of these changes made a controller any less than a battery type ?

Let's say, I don't want to battery control, what can I do and how else do I adapt differently? What are my options?
    • Like x 1
  3. monaka Well-Known Player

I'm sorry for such player behavior and can only hope we do better in the future.

I don't come across much of that on EUPC or perhaps, I have not been been exposed to such behavior a whole lot.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

Apparently you haven't read me clear, because you did not address your 1st original reply to one of my statements. If you still don't know what I meant, I even used the word "Irresponsible" in one of the key sentences.

When one misses the overall message of someones saying, then proceeds to talk as if they said this; then yes, I will challenge you on your comprehension of my post for what was part of my debate, which you picked part of my quotes, then challenge me as if I said that.

So what would your answer be to the OP of the thread whos able to keep the support roles filled but cant help the dps power? Also you still haven't answered my statment that dpses now have even more responsiblity of their own power mangement more than before.

But if you wanna argue just to argue, Im down to get the thread close :D !
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I spent the weekend battle trolling, focusing less on power bar healing, more on seeing if I could out damage a decent DPS in content.

Solo - No problemo in battle stance.

Duo - Same

Alert - Little bit harder, but doable, even in T8.

Raids - Got to admit I was a little scared with this one, I only partial attempted a couple of raids, but one (BBS) I helped complete after puging into last boss, another OLYE, I resorted back to more traditional troll cause the tank was having trouble holding agro. I note, power was not a concern in the group when I switched, but I didn't want to stress the group further.

To do this, I left ALL my dps gear on, used primarily my DPS load out but included insta power for group content...since I am mental, I was able to include the robot sidekick, and have a super charge in my invisibility load out, along with other options. Between supply drops, colas, I couldn't tell much difference from having me in group, and the role less buff to be honest, except I did a lot more damage trolling.

I wasn't able to fully test the raids, but the rest of it I had no problems running, in fact it was pretty fun. Think a glass cannon controlling. Stun the adds and kill them, before they even have a chance to attack you...
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Damage players can choose to use an essentially infinite amount of power. It's always been this way, and it's just something you have to accept or push back on. There's no fix for this outside of removing power or controllers from the game.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So people have to accept the hate they get from dps that refuse to use power cost friendly rotations and think the troll is just there as their own personal battery? Mepps that's 75% of the pug community (rough estimate, probably more, probably less) and it steers people away from trolling because of how limited they are in giving power....
    • Like x 13
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

great idea you should do that,troll roll has always been kinda lame anyway
    • Like x 3
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Thats why theres an Ignore List. Im not telling you to ignore the problem, that fixes nothing, im saying put them on ignore so you never have to deal with them again. If ppl like that want to act like that, they end up on so many ignore lists that they're either smart and learn their lesson, or not and the game becomes unplayable due to no-one seeing their shouts to join groups and hampering progression. They become their own worst enemy.

If someones genuinely not performing you Teach them. Not everything, but whats required at the time. This keeps happening and they continuously gain knowledge. The point of gaining knowledge is to share it, not use it to look down on others (talking about these ppl, jot you). You dont sink to their level though. The problem with an eye for an eye is everyone ends up blind.
    • Like x 1
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Remove the role less buff, then they will accept what power they have from a troll, no matter how bad they are... ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

It would probably help if their main stat wasn't useless in comparison to the all mighty power stat crutch that was instilled on support roles since all we were told was to sacrifice our main stats to help manage with the power costs whilst DPS who spec might are gifted extra power

• Like x 4
  12. Surtur Well-Known Player

13. Surtur Well-Known Player

This is because DPS are refusing to manage their power and load up 300 power rotations thinking its all fine and dandy.
  14. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

You can kick rocks before I ever troll again. That's how bad it is, and I loved trolling!
    • Like x 5
  15. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

You heard it here first folks Mepps declared war on trolls! All kidding aside I've thought for the longest time this game would be better off without a power bar and base all powers off of cool down timers. Controllers would still function the same just without the power bar healing.

As a matter of fact I would be ok if we get rid of the power bar and get rid of the dps role. Tanks would do the least amount of damage due to their ability to take a beating, healers would come in 2nd due to their ability to heal and trolls would do a slightly more damage than healers.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Sounds like a plan. Sign me up. Because you took a role designed to be based on Batman and made it a joke. You refuse to make content that utilizes controlling and trivialize it to just power feed.
    • Like x 8
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Or, you know, fixing power dumps to actually give out a good amount or reducing controller power costs so they can spec for more vit. Several solutions that were pitched during the what 8? months of testing.

I think a more accurate statement would be "There's no fix that we're willing to do to fix this outside of removing power or controllers from the game because of the goals we set for the revamp that are different from the community."
    • Like x 4
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ya know, actually increasing the amount of power in power dump coukd actually go a long way.
    You say to "accept or pushback" while 3/4 of this game are epeen dps having a contest right?

Sure, some pug troller gets into a group and complains....you know what that liekly could lead to?
    If you guessed warped back to watchtower youd be right!

As it stands debufs dont really do much, instapower is horrid and stuns....well they pretty much are useless.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Edging closer and closer to just remove all support roles and everyone dps

Legends pve needs no support roles prepare for similar changes eventually cause the community hate using support roles in 90% of the content and support roles are the most stressful roles in the game especially trolls and healers
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

So, buff the Vitalization to 50% instead of 35% or remove the Controller Role from the game and let the Damager, the Tank and the Healer control your own power. WoW and SWTOR don't have the Controller Role. Why DCUO should have it?
    • Like x 1