Being troll is too sad

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MMDDGG, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

I troll all the time and mostly every move I do it's 'reload' on munition, more sp points. My gear is heavily controller and I do damage powers in a clock rotation. I chose controller because I don't like healing as much as healer, also being laid back with hand blasters in the back row is me
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would say: scratch POT entirely from the game.
    take away vitalization and replace it with power as its own stat.
    yeah, thats right: separate power from might and scratch vitalization.
    make the dump a lot more powerfull, while also givin it a 12 second cooldown.
    now, make CC hold longer, the more dominance you have.
    also: CC should be nessesary to secure the group.
    bosses should allways be buffed with health regen, shields and damage.
    one troll takes away the first buff, the second should actually debuff.
    thats my oppinion and how to fix the troll role as a whole ^^
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Not sure I would agree entirely. The POT move and ability to cc effectively is what separated the good trolls from the bad.

The 12 sec cool down on recharge would also mean changing power use entirely...especially when other roles spam powers as often as they do...not to mention they would have to nearly scratch the balance they have been working on with powers in general.

That would also mean they would have to adjust weapon damage and its power return as well. Not sure they have the man power to make that sort of adjustment.

My suggestion is to bring the troll role back to what it was in t3/t4 days before the support damage nerf...and removing the power return outside of weapon use in its entirety for those who are not in troll role. That would fix the troll role and the popular AM logic concerning the troll.
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil Committed Player

i'll say. but you know what's sadder? being a dps. they really are a dime a dozen. i can't even go one raid or alert or even duo where the other person is a dps or in the case of raids come in a dps and stay that way or change mid raid. and what's worse is these dps can't even DPS. they just straight up suck at power management and can't throw a shield or heal to save their lives literally XD. another thing change the super charge heals to regular self heals and like the above poster stated take away other roles pot out put except the healer.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

We're about 3 months (?) into the Revamp and while I "still" find Controlling post-revamp to be a challenge I'm getting a better wrap on things now.

I've read the forums, looked at other Trollers comments, talked to folks in-game, and did some tinkering / experimenting on my own.

What I've found is that replacing ANY "VITALITY ONLY" mods in your gear with "VIT/POWER" helps. I did this on my HL Troller and gained almost 1000 units of power alone.

I also removed MOST of my DOMINANCE SPs from my Skill Tree. At least for ME, I've found that having a ton of Dominance does little for us Controllers now. I have only 5 SPs in my Dominance option now.

I can't recall exactly what my Dominance is currently but it is still well above 5K even now.

I've started speccing more into the LEFT side of my Skill Tree - at the bottom (Might / Power?). I've noticed that this not only boosts your MIGHT but also your POWER POOL. IIRC I have about 40 or 50 SPS in this ATM - and I'm strongly considering adding even more at the expense of some Vitality.

My Vit right now sits at 7924 base, with League and base buffs added in. SP count is 315. My Power Pool is over 21K so far.

I've also found it key to not debuff so much. The more difficult bosses that call for specific buffs I will do those only.

As many of us have found out, our "Stuns" don't stun as long any more. "Light Rays" for HL has been cut and recharge for it is not as instantaneous. I try to mix my stuns up now by using Grasping Hands or Entrap. Most tanks don't like Entrap so HL Trollers beware.

As always I welcome ANY Dual Troller runs but most groups still call for Solos. At least with the Dual Troller runs one can experiment with their Battle Trollers (if they have one).

I don't see us becoming extinct but we've had to make some changes. Keep giving that power and don't give up.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. PBCF Active Player