Balance Legends Initiative

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Spinning Punch. Yes. Bane's elbow drop just needs to be vulnerable to block.

I personally like to refer to Zod, Ursa, and Flash's weapon as Modified Brawling, as it possesses a brawling animated lunge, a weak sauce haymaker (5 taps), and a backfist in place of a kartwheel kick (2 tap hold). Not to mention unlike MA and Brawling, you can't jump cancel their BB's.
  2. Venus Void Dedicated Player

The actually melee attacks are pretty much identical to MA, and the MA combos (Elbow Drop and Spinning Punch) are the same amount of button presses as the actual combos (3 melee Hold and 4 Melee Hold are the exact same for both combos).

If you tried to play it like brawling you'd be all over the place.
    Brawling Backfist = melee tap, hold
    Modified MA Backfist = 2 melee, hold
    Brawling Haymaker = 3 melee tap, 2 melee hold
    Modified MA Haymaker = 5 Melee tap.

If someone were to ask me how to play Ursa, and Zod, I would say use them like an MA character because all of the combo presses are identical apart from the missing Smokebomb.

Imagine telling someone to play them them like they're Brawlers, they'd be non-stop trying to throw a Haymaker but instead they would just throw an Elbow Drop with a Lunge after. Brawling has 3 different moves that require two melee holds in a row, MA has none, neither does the modified MA.

Really the only thing I consider "Brawling-Like" is the lunge, everything else is played exactly like you were using someone with MA, right down to the counter punishment and excluding the Smokebomb.

Your point about not being able to jump cancel the Block Breaker doesn't really change the argument either way since both MA and Brawling can do that, while the modified form cannot.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Brawling's melee tap, hold is called Double Fist. Back fist is melee tap, hold, hold.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

There's a difference between referring to the weapon as Modified Brawling and telling one of my old Nexus pupils to "use Ursa as a Brawling Legend". I was referring to the animations of specific weapon attacks when I explained my personal preference to calling it Modified Brawling, I'm not disputing how I would use it.

TL;DR Call it whatever the hell you want. :) Getting laughed at for it is just silly. I think we can agree on that.
  5. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Right, right, but that even further concretes the fact that the weapon plays more like MA considering it doesn't have any hold, holds.
    Agreed.