Balance Legends Initiative

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

So talking to The Enquirer in the past few... hours, I decided to make a thread that would draw attention to the imbalance of legends characters. This thread will focus on low to lower mid tier characters such as Superman to show what is lacking with each of them.

Videos will be provided over time, but creating your own is STRONGLY encouraged, just please point out what the character you are showcasing is lacking in. If you want to use a character to show how bad a certain weapon is in PvP, go ahead, as long as the character is the main focus.

If you have a specific character you'd like to showcase, you can call dibs, but Ursa is all mine. :p

Criteria (that I've heard) for a balanced/good legend:

Burst Damage
    Safe Damage
    Survivability

Final Note: Legends are usually based on the 1v1 and 2v2 (competitive) level when it comes to tiers, so that's what I'll be using. I'll also pull up a URL from a Legends Tier List to give people an idea of who will be showcased.
    • Like x 3
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Speaking in terms of low tier.
    Saint Walker.
    • Buffed Health.
    • Possible increase of Lantern DoT or allow it to give power back to allies in the vicinity.
    • Lower healing of his SC to 50% health/power for 50% SC instead of 100%. [Debateable]
    • Increase the amount of power regen from Finisher and Shield.
    • Like x 8
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well he is the current promo character. May as well start with him.
    • Like x 3
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Saint Walker (Pug 2v2)

Saint Walker is a very low health character with low burst damage, making him an easy target in 2v2's or higher.

Suggestions (Courtesy of Sabigya):

•Buffed Health.
    •Possible increase of Lantern DoT or allow it to give power back to allies in the vicinity.
    •Lower healing of his SC to 50% health/power for 50% SC instead of 100%. [Debateable]
    •Increase the amount of power regen from Finisher and Shield.

Feel free to add on or correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: A competitive version will come out soon.
    • Like x 4
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

We can work on Saint Walker but I do feel that it is somewhat better to start with the top tier characters ONLY because the adjustments to balance most of them involve slight health nerfs.

In order to make Saint more true to the comics he would be far better suited as a support style character as opposed to the DPS crazy character he previously was.
    • Like x 5
  7. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Slight health nerfs to top tier characters. Please do tell about the other nerfs that the devs actually got right.
    • Like x 4
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There's been a few actually. But in all seriousness this is why I'm trying to start a conversation with them beforehand about it wherein we actually communicate about things.
    • Like x 2
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well we're already here. And it was a serious question. Slight health nerfs is one good thing. What else? (Anyone can answer by the way)
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Since you asked about good nerfs that the devs got absolutely right:

DoT Nerf
    Nerfs to Steel initially
    Nerf to Harley's health
    Nerf to TF's health
    Nerf to Bizarro's health
    Nerf to Bracer Deflection
    Nerf to Mirror Image
    Nerf to lasso combo

Just a few examples of things off the top of my head.
    • Like x 7
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Nice. You found that from old updates right? I might take a look.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Memory :p Also I'm talking with Clutch about a few things with TF: For anyone wondering about why Harvey Domination Bullet Storm is over powered:

The other issue is that when he utilizes his Harvey Domination (blue) Supercharge he becomes far more defensive in nature (which is fine on it's own). However, his bullet storm in that mode is literally the "I win" button.

It provides 75% damage mitigation, crowd control, crowd control resistance and, after the damage modifiers can deal around 1400 damage without splitting all while not being vulnerable to interrupt. It's also highly spammable due to having a very low power cost and cool down.

There's nothing that can match that or even come close to it. In order to keep up with it an opposing player would need to deal 5600 damage (75% of that is 1400) in a few seconds, while most definitely exposing themselves to counter mechanics.
    • Like x 4
  13. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Supreme Monarch has dibs on Power Girl. At the moment her issues are lack of burst damage, lack of useful powers, bland character, am I missing anything?
    • Like x 1
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Survivability. Health isn't the primary factor in survivability typically. It's a big one, but mitigation through powers tend to be way more important.
    • Like x 3
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I purposely left that out so I could include it as a suggestion. It's needed for Kryptonians honestly. They're invulnerable. Makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Saint Walker Competitive 1v1 Version

Sup YouTube? Saint Walker says hi. :p

He, meaning I, got his butt kicked against Julienes' (top 8 legends pvp player) Sinestro.

Low Health, plus low counter damage, plus my rough start, = quick deaths. A LOT of them.

Final Note: Julienes had a much higher ping than I did. Which DID lower his performance, and yet he still whooped my Saint.
    • Like x 3
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I had an 8-10 sparring match using Ursa against Julienes' Supergirl and I forgot to record it! I was ticked! :mad: It would've been so good!
    • Like x 3
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ursa 2v2 Pug

Mercy is WEAK!

Yeah well... so is Ursa at the moment. With most Kryptonians, lack of burst damage, damage mitigation, safe damage is very bland and doesn't have a finisher. And heat vision was "buffed".

Suggestions:
    -#1 Head butt and #2 Jump Kick could have a hold melee extension
    -Return Heat Vision to the way it was. No channeling, but increased damage.
    -Cold breath: Either give a variation (like Superman's super breath aoe or Bane's Roar (preferred) or replace it with a finisher.

This is for every Legends toon that has Swoop Attack: Give it dodge capabilities like backflip and front flip OR give it damage mitigation. After all, they're ramming you at a very high speed.
    • Like x 2
  19. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Let's talk Cheetah.

Why is does her Rake #1 do only half the damage of Catwoman's?
    Why does Blood Curse #5 have such a long animation and start up time?
    Why are all of her powers dodgeable?
    Why doesn't Ferocious Lunge #3 do extra damage against helpless enemies and why doesn't it apply a dogde effect?
    • Like x 3
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Cheetah mostly works off of counters. I talked to Clutch a while ago ans God a few insights into using her. She's pretty darned balanced to be honest.
    • Like x 4