Balance Legends Initiative

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. zx192 Well-Known Player

Y
    Yeah I do that alot but its best to do it at the beginning of the fight so that you can do a few weapon attack get your opponent to 35% and the finisher clipped with the break out trinket. Im sure he can be better by replacing his power 4.
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

His sniper does most damage at low health, but clipping it with stealth means the opponent can't lock on to you and lunge you to interrupt. Plus you get the surprise attack AND the sniper in one burst combo.
  3. zx192 Well-Known Player

Correct its a finisher, but you know whats better than one time use? Two times use. I mean getting 1300-1400 dps on your opponent at the beginning of the fight is a lot then just spam powers till he blocks, counter him tap hold finish(1200) clip it with a soder or the trinket and its over. I can show you in a video if you want. But thats my reason for using it before he is at 35%.
  4. zx192 Well-Known Player

Why didn't you Saint's finisher when you fought ?
  5. MrWon Committed Player

So since shielding and self healing didn't get buffed up, would you agree that Shazam got a somewhat decent nerf?
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Its not much of a nerf. It only really affects his 1 as essentially will block what on live is the equivalent of 1000 damage rather than 1500 damage. Its less survivability, but there's still tons there. Also the supercharge isn't any weaker.

It does mean Two-Face is clearly number 1 again, but Shazam is likely number 2.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, I think this settles the tf vs shazam contest. Unless of course shielding was indeed upscaled as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Uhhhh... what? Are you referring to a vid? You should quote the vid if you are.
  9. zx192 Well-Known Player

Yeah I was.
  10. zx192 Well-Known Player

Well... you did use the finisher. Nvm. I meant use his finisher.
  11. shiny mackerel Committed Player

I meant to say "non-basic weapon combos", which is what it said in the patch notes. Combos with taps in them have the buff. Lunges and ranged holds also got buffed. However, combos that are all taps like 1h spin slash or rifle's rifle slam didn't get buffed. And there are a few overlooked combo moves that didn't change, like HB's charged blast or MA's shuriken storm.

Also the buff to the weapon combos seems to be a straight up 65% increase in damage, at least for every combo I've tested so far. Since taps are the same, then overall combo damage will indeed be around 50% higher, with weight shifted greatly toward the finishers. Maybe a bit less if the combo has taps or a bit more if the combo has mostly holds like 2H's. And basic tap only combos like rifle's 5x melee tap or HB's 3x melee tap should only be half as effective.

if you wanna help test some basic stuff for a few minutes, sure. but I can't do any detailed testing until I'm able to dual client. I used to have another account with test server access but not anymore.
    • Like x 3
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

The increase in weapon attack effectiveness matches the stat flattening theme. "The damage for non-basic weapon combos (hold attacks for example) has been increased and brought a little closer to the damage caused by Advanced Mechanics and Weapon Mastery". They want less difference between those and the WM attacks.

That change is rolling out across the entire game engine. That means all of PvE, PvP, and Legends are impacted. But since it would have messed up Legends balance, they applied this correction factor to just that part too. If everything is practically the same, that's the hoped for outcome.

Of course there are the usual sort of unintended consequences to that quick fix too.
    • Like x 3
  13. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

GU47 has fixed Crowd Control and Breakouts at last! Which means I can focus more attention on this thread at last.

FYI for those who don't know, GU47 also buffed certain "hold" weapon attacks, health, and power attack damage by 50%. Poor shiny mackerel. :(

For those who have tested it and those who are experiencing it on Live: Was this a good idea? Can anyone come up with a reason why this change was made?

I'll put it like this in my opinion: Saint Walker may have more health and hit harder than his pre GU47 version, but Luthor can still waste him. Why? Because Luthor and all the other legends were buffed as well. A change like this would have been better if it was done based on each legends character, such as Saint getting a health buff since he has average (At best) damage and Luthor getting a health nerf because of the massive amount of damage he can deal.
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

MA is actually better, but that is because Smoke Bomb got buffed more than most combos and hits stupidly hard if you get it off. Brawling's Launching Uppercut got buffed more, DW's 8 tap Dual Flurry also got buffed, and Shield's Handspring Kick might be the single strongest focused burst in one hit of any combo.

Honestly I would have preferred they just put effort into balancing legends then changing so much of weapon combos to the point that Smoke Bomb spam is now a thing. I'm not quite sure why these changes were made in the first place, and there seems to be more of a downside at least initially from what is being found.

I doubt they would undo changes they put this much effort into, but I would wait to see if there will be any more changes regarding the balance of weapons as Smoke Bomb spam should not be a thing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Brice made a vid about certain Modified Brawling combos (Zod and Ursa) not being adjusted for this update. Fingers crossed they get fixed.

Along with Hal Jordan's block breaker.
    And Bane's elbow drop in SC mode.
    And Robin's lunge.
    And Rifle's tap melee x5 should be vulnerable to block.
    And MA's 5th tap melee (shows the vulnerability icon but is not vulnerable to block; Make up your mind will ya? :p)

Why are these tiny things not being fixed? :mad:
    • Like x 1
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

They really should fix this considering Smoke Bomb is now hitting like a truck.
    • Like x 1
  17. MrWon Committed Player

I am not sure if they did this or not, but if they didn't, they should also buff up the damage for the final hit on tapping melee, (spin slash, clobber, etc.) Those final tap combos should also be able to interrupt if they can be blocked, its only fair. They already take forever to get to, might as well increase their damage and let them interrupt so they aren't so useless.
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

I know Spin Slash got buffed by 95%, more than the standard 65%.

Frankly not buffing things like rifle's tap melee 5x was good. It actually helped bring Two-Face down a little. Rifle's Overhead Smash with 4 tap melees got buffed by 105% meaning making yourself vulnerable to block is now the better option as far as damage.

I am not sure the should make vulnerable to block tap combos interrupt since there is usually a combo with the last tap switched out for a hold melee that takes slightly longer, do more damage, and interrupt.
  19. DulcesS Well-Known Player

It can make a little "combo" if clipped with clown box, but that's all.
    • Like x 2
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Rifle Overhead Smash is 3 taps. And not buffing tap melee x5 doesn't really affect Two Face since it's STILL not vulnerable to block. Same goes for John Stewart, only he's in need of a health buff. (at least 5897 proportions)