Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Klepto New Player

I say this thread hits 100 by Monday coming.
    • Like x 3
  2. Original Kal Well-Known Player

A good price is not a price gouge. A good price is $3-5.
    • Like x 4
  3. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

I could honestly care less what you or anyone says about my views on this. In fact, I could put a lot of value in respec'ing. The game offers so much exploration to one's play style, I suppose that feature is there for a reason, eh?

What would still be the point to what I purveyed?

Before you answer that, lets just say I pretty much had a big cup full of "moved on" because it's evident that afterwards I'm not here to insult or add insult to injury on a post's purpose to neutralize the negativity and whining on a new feature.

Your interpretation, your opinion, your summation. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Zernam New Player

On main difference in comparing this feature to real life items is there is a limited quantity to physical product that requires a sales level to cover development and production. For digital features it only needs to cover development and implementation, the only caveat is if they have an expected return by a certain date - still, over time, this will be a continued revenue stream with player churn.

I would suggest with all the attention THIS feature is getting, they could benefit from a marketplace cost review.
  5. Jamie New Player

It appears that most Legendary members feel that their contribution is not valued enough. Premiums also feel ripped off by having such a low money cap. The dev's created synthetic mods to help with that but have not done anything about the repair bills. F2P occassionally post about ... who cares they don't help keep the game going. It appears that we agree that there are many issues in the game that may be hurting the numbers of active players DCUO has.

Just to be clear, I am not arguing against Legendary getting a 2nd armory for free. I am fighting for better pricing. My preffered solution would be that DCUO would have an all access pass where we paid 1 price and everything was included for free. The price of marketplace items for other members was such that at least 80% of the people that the prices were reasonable and not be turned back by them. What am I willing to accpet - not having a 2nd armoy if SOE does not change their pricing. What do I think is reasonable: $5 armories as is or $10 armories that are account bound like Legends toons.
  6. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

So let me get this straight....

You can curate a figure that tells me that my opinion is out-weighed versus the negativity behind a featured that's being tested? Really?

If so, I'm DEFINITELY jumping this bandwagon because to have 7 people quote one single line that made the most sense over the "QQ'ing" here baffles, yet intrigues my jovial senses.

Again: thank you for your opinion.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I read this yesterday and was not sure how to respond. I think a day of reflecting leads me to a response:

I may go as far as to agree that the price justifies what the armories feature. However, if that is true, I have to ask you: Does the price justify what the game has to offer to us overall?

My main concern with paying so much for the armories is what if they don't work right when they're released? This game has released a lot of updates and DLCs that introduce new bugs. Some of those bugs have taken months and even years to be fixed if they're ever fixed at all. I'm worried that I'll pay $8 for something that does not work as intended or causes other bugs to creep up in the game. Given past experience, I cannot rule out those fears.

There are other games out there that I could drop the $60 on instead and not have those same concerns. I would be within my rights to take my subscription and $60 and spend it on another game that has fewer bugs/crashes/broken updates/etc. You may even encourage me to do so, but I do not currently want to do so. I love playing this game; it is by far one of the most fun games to play...when it works correctly.

There have been more issues cropping up since GU31 with in-game mechanics. There are 4-5 bugs that were introduced by GU31 that still have not been fixed. There are bugs that I have tried to get developers' attention on for months without a peep in the forums, and one of those bugs that could potentially drive new players away has been around for nearly a year. Add to that the high price for armories that may or may not work correctly in a game containing content that may or may not work correctly, and this is the closest I've come to considering moving on to another game. When I start feeling unappreciated as a customer, maybe it is time for me to become someone else's customer.

I want to stay, I really do, but at this point, it is up to SOE and its developers.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ominous New Player

one dlc does not give you a lot of content, when this game lacks content to begin with. you are looking at armories in a one dimensional way. saying that the armory is the ability to dual spec sells it short. if you think about all the ways it can be implemented into the game play you would see there is more to it than that.
  9. Jamie New Player

You have a twisted sense of what makes sense. All I said that you have yuor opinion but it appears that your opinion is in the minority. Since I also stipulated that with if these forums accurately reflect the community everything I said in 100% fact if my 1 assumption holds true. I'm willing to admit it is an assumption unless you can show me that I am wrong. Your opinion is in the minority on these forums. We also were not talking about a feature being tested, we are talking about the price of that feature. But your post basiclaly sounds like you are trying to say that you are more than willing to point out other people's opinions but people better not point out when you are expressing yours.

My opnion is that the prices are too high. The fact is that most people of these forums feel the same way. That is not an opinion, that is fact. Since you do not feel that the prices are too high then I can say for a fact that your opinion on this topic is in the minority on this forum.

I'm willing to bet that the reason you were quoted so many times is how your post came across. You came across is such a way that 7 people found it ejectionable enough to quote it and respond. If that was what you intended then mission accomplished. If you intended to come across differently then you might want to think about why you came across the way you did. You are free to post your opinion but so is everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  10. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Was all I read. :)

However, I never twisted anything. You stated about minority with a wall of text, I wanted you to curate some figures that says otherwise. In fact, I dare for you to click the link in my signature to add to your figures.

Afterwards, you can continue on to appear that you're speaking for everyone or continue to your point of this thread.

And I wish to add, while I think the price justifies the features, I can see where some is coming from as far as it being alt-friendly.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

I know I am beating a dead horse long after death, but the only way to fix this for me is for them to completely change their minds and make the armories a useable function for legendary guys. I was extorted with t5. I bought over $100 in replays and my main toon has 3 pieces of 87 or 88 gear. I do think if other stuff hasn't happened your price change would be great but in doing that people will still squabble over an additional dollar or two. legendary guys still wont feel any better about being legendary. sometimes almost always a little good will and appreciation earns more than a quick buck
  12. Quantum Austin New Player

Great!! Hope the tech lair armories look good... I'm the leader of TimeTravelers and i made a base that every league member could go in so i wanna have some nice stuff in there!!:)
    • Like x 1
  13. Jamie New Player

I wish I could clink on the link while at work. I'll take a look at it when I get home. Since I refuse to use Facebook I doubt I'll be able to do much. I am against any program that helps people that I didn't talk to in high school find me and have them to start thinking we are friends now.
    • Like x 1
  14. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

You have some valid points that I respect. This statement wasn't about getting something for less, but expressing your concerns.

But you also have to understand that nothing will be right from the get go. That's the normality in many MMO's, which is a different venue than any other game. Most games will have problems upon first release. As a customer, I have ran into some issues that created frustrations to the level of contemplation of leaving the game but many of those problems that I personally had were resolved.

If this isn't working out for you, then I wish you well on your ventures of finding a game that will suit your taste. I can understand that DCUO or it's features isn't for everyone.

The point is: the average QQ's, the one with a positive mind is the minority, as one surmised.

Good luck, bud. :)
  15. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Well that's the social spectrum, sir. There are ways to block that.

This is off-topic rather and I prefer this conversation to be via PM if you wish. I can explain more there. :)
  16. Original Kal Well-Known Player

At the end of the day (seems to be the new saying v. "it is what it is")...you will either pay these prices or they will change them. The majority of people on this tread seem to agree that they will not pay these prices.
    • Like x 1
  17. KRR New Player

TEE HEE HEE...KGB is a bit of a stretch but oddly amusing. Supporting it logically conflicts with common sense. Yes, I do support the price structure. Maybe it will weed out some of the lag and glitching. The common drug of choice today is "ME ME" more potent than recreational street drugs and deadly side affects are so hidden that only the experience of its consequences are its revelations. Entitlement is the neck and neck drug of choice and its affects are the same. People dont get it today and that can lead into a can of worms that most people today wont be able to stomach causing another drug of choice to occur called Denial. Games are privilege and if its founder and admin want to set a structure for capitol gain, complaining about it means, maybe players need to reflect on why they are there to begin with. Playing the game or investing into an obsession...also an unhealthy side affect.
    • Like x 1
  18. Doc Holliday New Player

I'm 100% confident that no way armories go live next week at $8 a pop.

100%.

Too much feed back in a short about if time. This thread can't be ignored.
    • Like x 2
  19. Doc Holliday New Player

1000 players purchase 4 armories @ $5 each
    Or
    500 players purchase 2 @ $8 each

That's more realistic and can you figure out which makes them more profit?
    • Like x 2
  20. Vulpis New Player

You forget the third option, which involves the price *not* being changed, and the item *not* being bought...in other words, complete failure of the sale resulting in them getting *nothng* whatsoever.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.