Anyone else on the PS servers having the sound cut out and turn into a chopper?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Mar 2, 2014.

1. MenToc Active Player

When I see this on the PC side, I loose all speaker icons on all group members and myself. Game audio remains fine.

Looks like I have dropped my connection to the voip server and most of the time I get it back by turning it off and back on in game. after 30-60 sec group nametags flash, refresh and all the people who should have speakers get them back again. It seems that once it happens, much more likely to re-occur until I relog.

IMHO it looks like something is causing high latency to the voip server and I loose the connection.
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Happened again tonight.

Details: USPS4
    Time: 11:22 PM - I'd been logged in for about 90 minutes

I was not in a group - I was just in a chat channel with 5-6 people. Several of us lost chat at the same time (which wiped out all sound).
    • Like x 3
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Another night on PS4, another night of multiple choppers for myself and all PS4 league mates....

8:45pm CST in league chat, happened to 4 league members (two had 60fps turned off)
    8:53pm CST in group chat, happened to 5 league members (two had 60fps turned off)
    9:50pm CST in group chat, happened to 7 league members after finishing A&B (three had 60fps off)
    10:31pm CST in league chat, happened to 3 league members (none had 60fps off)

Are you guys any closer to figuring this out? I know GU36 is hectic but this is killing the game on PS4 now.....
    • Like x 1
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

All voice and audio is dead. We type in league chat that sound died.

Tried turning voice chat off then on, tried changing tabs, tried changing toons, everything. The only thing that fixes it is completely closing the app and restarting it....
    • Like x 2
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This is different then the PS4, we lose all in game audio as well, can't hear anything or say anything... Won't resolve until you do a complete restart of the app....
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Is anyone else noticing when this happens that there seems to be a queue to log back into the game? It's not a horribly long queue but I actually notice the screen right after it happens....

I'm guessing this means when the drop out occurs it's happening to many people all at the same time?
  7. 478874 Dedicated Player

The chopper got me the last two days. This isn't something that can be hotfixed?
  8. MyrVell Committed Player

Happened to me four times while forming a raid group Monday night. Three times when a person joined, and then after entering the raid (A&B). I finally just switched to PS3 so I could finish. Kinda hard to rage tank when you can't hear your heartbeat.
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Here's a new wrinkle:

Ran Raid One with no problems on my end, though two or three people logged out/in because of the No Sound Bug.

Ran Raid Two with at least 6-7 instances of this happening to several players. However, I was in a separate chat channel with only three people (including myself). The whole raid, I had sound.

As soon as I got out of the Raid, it put me back into Group Chat once I left the instance. There were 4 people in the group because so many of them had been forced to log out because of the sound. As soon as the sixth person was invited and got into the chat channel, my own sound went out.

Perhaps it's not just groups ... perhaps it's just overloaded channels.
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Well just lost sound twice in a 10 minute span.....

This is seriously killing the game for me. I know you're waiting to release the next GU till all the balance is good, but you need to the break it up and get these damn audio fixes in now and then put the balance in later....

Trying to play this game without being able to talk to my friends and family is dumb.
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And just happened again to half the league. We're calling it a nite since we can't communicate.... Not good for your game when people stop playing because glitches like these.

Hope you get this fixed soon, it's been way too long already though.