An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What should be my parse for Max dps with no supercharge , trinket , or supply drop ?

Currently I'm just spamming two ranged combos and unleash antimatter plus atomic blast and too out at 17-18 k at 24k might.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So question about sp allocation when it comes to tanking....

Im guessing dom is still king or atomic.... so thats not really my question..

What im wondering is... before i quit i was going to the power focused stat and not hybrid.. is that still a thing?...

And also what is the stopping point on dom where its better to stop there and start adding health ... due to diminishing returns.. at this stage in the game?
  3. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

I personally go full on Dom when tanking. Sp, Augments, everything. You can still use Superpowered focus when tanking if you're feeling power hungry (Which is incredibly rare for Atomic) or battle tanking but i'm always using Hybrid. You'd be surprised what a 5% increase in Dom and Restro can do for Atomic tanking.

Although, if you're low on Sp like me, a point in Health for the 400 stat increase is nice.
  4. L T Devoted Player

This thread has fallen along the wayside... which is unfortunate because much of the information is still pretty relevant.

For tanking, I go dom + health, with the emphasis on dom. Assuming you have 200 or so skill points left over after weapon and movement choices, I would suggest 20ish points in health for the % bomuses, and the rest in dom. Dom totally rules for atomic tanks, but when you get interrupted or crowd controlled, you'll find yourself wishing you had more health.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Are there any good atomic prec dps loadouts out here? I have found an average parser for fire, above average parser for ice, and a good loadout for earth. However atomic I can’t seem to find one. For enrage I mean a parser of 28k dps at range aoe.
  6. L T Devoted Player

I wouldn't expect you to find any good precision DPS load outs for atomic. Maybe melee could work using the Sonic iconic ability to apply daze and electron flare as a dot... But that seems like too much set up to be really viable.

Atomic lacks both dots and pets, so there's really no background damage that gets added to your weapon.

Combos do pretty good though.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

ATM at range aoe the closest I have come is 26k dps during a 30 sec parser. I did have the might elite mods so my damage would have probably been closer to 27k dps. I feel this is still below average for my standards.

Currently what is atomic getting during a 30 sec parser on average? Mainly at range and melee. With a melee loadout I could probably push 30k dps to 32k. I’ll need to test when I get home the melee loadout.
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok so a few questions if ya'll could help? To preface this is my 3rd toon so least used and I primarily only tank or "battle role" in 4-player so I'm don't really care about elite runs too much with him (so melee-to mid is where I tend to be) Last night I decided to start DPS'ing a bit more with him so need a bit of guidance.

Ok so here are the questions?
    1) Assuming Sonic is better for PI applicator, as it hit's harder...correct?
    1a) You mention Sonic shout - I usally see Sonic cry for melee?
    2) Atom Splitter, or Thermo Chem? (same reason as above)

The rotation above (while better) seemed off to me. 3rd hit of N-bomb seems to be biggest hitter for me, and clipping that with Sonic seemed to net highest results. Like I said Atomic DPS is NOT my forte, but looking for guidance on rotations.

Thanks!
  9. L T Devoted Player

Sonic Cry then. The melee one that applies the PI. Pay attention to what I mean, not what I say! ;)

Atom Splitter seems to net better damage than TCE for me.

In general you want to clip the third hit of Atom Splitter or N Bomb with Sonic. Note that if you do that you don't absolutely positively have to keep your aura going because you're applying a regular PI. It's also ok to start with Sonic Cry and then clip a combo with Electron Flare. You'll have to get used to the different ranges of Atom Splitter, Sonic Cry, and Electron Flare.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

LOL..I assumed that's what you meant.
    Atom Splitter seemed (didn't do a ton of parsing) to net better results too. Thanks!

(After aura up)
    In general I was doing N-bomb(c) (c) clip Sonic > Geiger > Atom Splitter (c) (c) clip Sonic > Geiger
    It keeps me at mid (ish) range, but dang it's power hungry. Might be that on that toon I'm a bit low on SP at 262.

Don't really use Sonic much, so not sure if you can or if it's worth jump canceling.
    Loadout right now is Atom Splitter / N-Bomb / E-Flare / Sonic Cry / Geiger / SC. Thoughts or recommendations?
  11. Rokudou6 New Player

May I ask does Atomic has a single target rotation?
  12. L T Devoted Player

If it does, I've never found it.

Heat Vision is your friend.

Irradiate's damage is good, but the DoT overwrites itself, so you can only use it every 6 seconds or so.

Atomic's finisher, Geiger Beam, isn't horrible.

You might try something like Irradiate->Heat Vision -> Irradiate -> Geiger Beam

I wouldn't expect great things from that though. In general, I think you're better off just clipping combos.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My atomic single target loadout is neutron bomb, heat vision, irradiate, robot sidekick, remedy (or any shortcut), and a 2500 sc if you have Gemini. Without Gemini I recommend neo venom.

My rotation is:
    Neutron bomb comboed 1x and clipped with irradiate and clipped again by remedy. Than use heat vision right away.

Than you do neutron bomb full combo clipped with irradiate
    Neutron bomb full combo clipped with heat vision
    Repeat
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And this is my main dps build:

Loadout:
    Neutron bomb
    Freezing breath
    Sonic SHOUT (the channel ability)
    Robot sidekick
    Proton remedy
    2500 sc

Recommended weapon: rifle (for the aoe tap range attack it does).

Any weapon will work however make sure you unlock the whole weapon tree in order to get the bonus damage.

Rotation:
    Neutron bomb comboed 1x and clip it with remedy (activates aura). Than use freezing breath.

Right when the second tick of damage (initial cast then the 2nd tick) from it is going to hit tap range to cancel the rest the channel. This will give you the might tick from the freezing breath and the range attack from your weapon.

Then neutron bomb full combo clipped with sonic shout and do the same thing.

So:

Neutron bomb combo 1x clipped with remedy > freezing breath.
    Freezing breath 2 ticks > tap range clipped with neutron bomb full combo
    Neutron bomb clipped with sonic shout
    Sonic shout 2 ticks > tap range clipped with neutron bomb
    Repeat

For stats after you get crits unlocked and might maxed, instead of putting the rest into health, you will put the rest into precision instead.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rokodou6 New Player

Thank you so much DeitySupreme, to have have given me both a single target loadout and aoe loadout with an explanation to everything I appreciate this a lot.

Also how does Atomic does in dps compare to other dps and also in Tank how does atomic compare to rage tank?
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For dps, atomic is underrated. It is above average for sure. With 37k might I was getting 34k range dps on 30 sec parsers. I have a melee loadout too but it doing exact same amount as my range so it made no sense to be melee. One thing I have to note is that my range loadout takes a little getting used to. Practice getting the hang of clipping freezing breath and sonic shout right when you get the second tick. Than practice it with the full loadout.

Also if you want my melee loadout I can give it to you. The range loadout does same damage but is harder and doesn’t work that well on alerts without tanks or solo stuff because 2 of your moves are vulnerable to interrupt.

For single target, atomic is average at best. I was hitting 18k dps if I remember correctly.

And finally, if you thought of going precision than I suggest against it. Atomic has no good loadout for precision.

Edit: almost forgot about tank lol.

Tanking, atomic is amazing. The biggest issue atomic has are instances with a lot of CC. For example, the currents in cot (especially cote). The final boss of cot, and the Gemini room of SS. These can be really frustrating.

For push back CCs like that if the Gemini room in SS and the current phase in cot the best advice I can give you is to not panic. Once the push backs start wait until you are pushed back to use your combos. You’ll have just over a 1 second window to do 1 ability and combo it one time. That doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s more than enough. Do your combo abilities like this 3x (3x after getting pushed back) in order to refresh your aura. If you panic and keep trying to get your combos off as soon as they come off cooldown than you will be CCed at the worst times and won’t get any combos off meaning you’ll loose your aura. If you do happen to loose your aura than pop a shield, use cronomatic emitters, use personal dampening field, summon a sidekick for its shield, use pheromone bloom with eye of Gemini to give you a buffer. You have plenty of options if you are set up correctly to save you during those down times.

For bosses like cote last boss. Aqua and the adds can be overwhelming at first. Like above don’t panic. However instead of above, this does require a little bit of luck because your can’t predict when they will choose to CC you. So if you do get CCed than just break out and pop a shield or an emitter. Than do your combo. I like pheromone bloom for the buffer especially here.

Atomic is the weaker version of rage. Both in dps and tank. For dps rage will do more when it can melee while atomic will do more from range. I think they are pretty even on single target. For tanking rage is easy mode. While atomic you have to get the timing down while being CCed? Rage doesn’t have the issue. All rage has to do is hit their rage crash cancel off the tray so they don’t have to worry as much about timing. Especially since they extended the time significantly for the cancellation. For 8 seconds rage will be able to take far more damage than atomic. For 4 seconds atomic will be bette. This is due to the cooldown of the ability to go into rage mode.
  17. Ruen Morleth Level 30

Hi newbie to atomic here and dcuo (2 month's in now) I used the free 210 boost then didnt play the character my main is on the villain side I was getting bummed out thinking i wasted my 210 boost so I've started playing my hero. And I'm looking for a atomic loadout that is new player friendly and doesn't dip into the Iconic powers( I like to keep my characters thematically as possible doing a capt. atom/major force inspired hero) and I'm finding the dps loadouts I'm currently using (this gamers ) isn't working out for me i don't seem to be doing any damage with it i'm always starved for power and thats just running the pve solo stuff so I haven't even tried group content with him so I'm seeing if someone can give me pointers for a better loadout any help would be very appreciated.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t suggest going to YouTube for loadouts. 95% of loadouts there are terrible and those that are good are usually stolen loadouts that people claim as their own lol. So not going to click on that video.

If you want full atomic loadout without any iconics at all than I guess you can do:

Atom splitter, neutron bomb, electron flare, a supercharge, Geiger blast, and either a shield or another range combo. I will say that you will be loosing out on a bit of damage.

Using atom splitter and neutron bomb you can do around 28k dps on 3 targets. However this would’ve don’t more damage if you did use iconics.
  19. Ruen Morleth Level 30

heat vision isn't to far out for theme if a loadout uses heat vision i wouldnt be against it.
  20. Ruen Morleth Level 30

question would just staying in tank role and loadout for solo pve be shooting myself in the foot I do eventuly want to try tanking and I'm wondering if i should just start out of the gate so i can get the hang of it?