An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks for the tips

From what I can see dps trans and strat at a must the last is kinda whatever you want it to be

Tank I don’t use a super charge cause my load out doesn’t have room otherwise I would I love the super charge

That’s actually something I was gonna ask do we still have to use two different combo powers to keep
    Our aura up? Like if we only used atom splitter would our aura stay up ? It used to be we had to cycle between at least two
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Nope you can keep it up with just one combo ability. You just have to do a full combo within a 12 second window to refresh the aura while in tank role. Actually in elite raids I’d actually only recommend using one combo to make sure you don’t give adds immunity to quickly.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks the only combo I wanna use is atom splitter but I do like using the leg mod for beta surge even if it’s just a minor heal every heal counts however I’ll dump it so I can get the super charge instead
  4. L T Devoted Player

You probably won't have much success with just atom splitter. It's too slow and the repeated stuns make adds immune. In theory you can get by with just thermochemical explosion, but in practice you'll lose your aura if you get crowd controlled while it's on cool down and you'll have to run with a top notch healer if you can't clip heal combos. I'd highly recommend two.
  5. L T Devoted Player

Trans is very good, but most of the artifacts are pretty balanced. Solar amplifier if you use heat visit is probably still the best. Grim and Philosopher Stone are also really good. If you're used to using trinkets and pets a lot dead kings scepter is also good. Eye and Soul are great if you're using a Atomic Blast or NVB.

What artifacts do you have leveled and what load out are you DPS-ing with?[/quote]
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

My main load out as of right now is

Rsk/ the two long range combos atom powered assault aoe super charge and the super charge generator sorry I don’t remember the names
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The sc generator is not worth using tbh.

My atomic loadout is:

Freeze breath, neutron bomb, nuclear bust, robot sidekick, atom powered assaul, and aoe sc or neo venom boost.

Rotation is:
    Neutron bomb comboed 1x clipped with nuclear burst clipped again with atom powered assault. > freeze breath tap range on second tick (2 ticks only) to cancel the rest of freeze breath > clip the tap range with neutron bomb full combo > clipped with nuclear burst comboed 1x > clipped with neutron bomb full combo > clipped with freeze breath 2tick clip > repeat

It sounds more complicated that it really is. And I should also mention that it’s very power hungry
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I used to be real competitive in dps ... would get irritated if I was 2 on the list even if there was only a few thousand difference .... I’m just lazy now and going with a simple load out ... it actually keeps up pretty good ...but I’m willing to try yours I actually used to not have apa or the sc generator on my load out I felt like I did better damage back then
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So all I have is 331 stat points not enough to max out the tank stats health and dom

How should I be allocating those points right. Or I have minimum needed in crit attack chance and crit attack mag just to get down to the dom and I have 215 in dom and 88 in health keep in mind i have all the movement mode innates and just a few in my weapon
  10. L T Devoted Player

You can skip the movement mode innates that give power back when you break out-- the power given isn't very much.
    Spec the min skill points in either healing or damage to open up the bottom options (believe it's 20).
    At 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100 points invested into a stat, you get % bonuses. Put at least 20 into Health. If you're at 88 in health now, I'd change it to 80 into health and the rest into Dom. For atomic tanks, health is about having a big enough pool of heal back.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

4 in movement tree to get CC resistance.
    2 in iconics for hard light and lasso
    1 Hybrid spec
    10 critial healing chance
    10 critical healing magnitude
    255 Dom
    50 in health

Healing crits help your proton remedy and mystic 7 heals (at 160). Damage crits do nothing for survivability which is a tanks main focus.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I rarely have issues keeping aura up with just thermochemical. Worst case scenario, if for some reason I can’t complete a single combo after the initial combo that started or refreshed the aura, I have 2-3 seconds before proton remedy is off cooldown to restart aura (.5-1.5 seconds if using the reduced cooldown mod). Between Density, Hard Light, Mass Density, Personal Dampening fields, colas, supply drop, Manacles artifact and yelling “BIG HEALS!!!” at my healer, I typically have more than enough tools to survive those couple of seconds.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I laughed a little to much at that lol
    • Like x 1
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So since this artifact thing is happening right now ... how’s the time to level some stuff up ... right now I have Strategist trans and grim leveled to 160...

I think strategist is the weakest of the bunch and feel as tho I’d be better off with something like eye of the Gemini that I could use for both tank and dps or the dead king scepter ...I don’t really notice the dot too much from strat... I’m also really curious about la mort not really getting a good answer on it... I do use my finisher right now but I also have solar leveled to 120 ...

Curious what would be the strongest option especially between solar and la mort and now does la mort work

Also tank artifacts .... should I be wanting that new one or are these old ones still better
  15. L T Devoted Player

If you use Atomic Blast or Neo Venom Boost then Soul Cloak and Gemini are still decent options for Atomic. Solar Amplifier parses better than Lamort and is better on AOE, but for single target once you figure in the big hit at 35% it's about a wash. It's good, but not OP. And you can actually see the proc happen, which gives people a warm fuzzy feeling.
    The new Everyman artifact is really good for Atomic. You'll probably want to level it. But the existing Tank artifacts are also good so nothing is wasted if you level those. Manacles spreading out the big hit is extra valuable with Atomic's healing. Everybody likes the extra defense from the symbol artifact, and the big health buff from Dilustel Refractor hits the whole group in addition to helping you stay alive.

IMO the Everyman is even better than the Manacles for Atomic, but the double nth metal week is now, not later.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I intend to keep the pet artifact and the trans artifact ... but in your honest opinion is strat worth it or should I ditch it for heat vision ... I’ll be honest I already have heat vision up to 120 and nothing in la mort so for me if you suggest either one those it’s gonna be solar ... but if you think strat is worth it I’ll keep it ... I’m just not seeing a huge benefit from it ... in the 160/200 range I still don’t see it as being a big boost I feel something else could take its place for better results ... I use neo but I really don’t wanna get rid of my pet artifact I like it but I’m up for suggestions ...

I can see trans eye and soul being a great combo ... I can see trans grim and solar being good together as well just kinda getting ideas
  17. L T Devoted Player

When I tested, are at only made a noticeable difference when I went to 8 targets. At 1 or 3, it wasn't a crushing loss but parses were about the same as with omegahedron (which I don't particularly recommend unless you use robot sidekick and are always out of power)

If you regularly use heat vision, I would absolutely use the solar amplifier before the strategist. It's probably your best choice.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

See I don’t really use heat vision but I would swap out the finisher for it if it made a big difference ... I use robot side kick cause atomic is garbage when it comes to dots ... that’s why I wanted strat ... but most instances don’t have large clusters of adds and even when they do they get burned down so fast I doubt strat is really worth it ....

The reason I was thinking eye is for the power back and the damage if someone is in my circle ...

Never thought about using omegshedron ... but the stat increases don’t seem as worth it

The Kings scepter seems good the stat increases are so so but you’d have more orbital pet supply drop up time

I think I’m gonna go with the solar one ... but my question is does the burning thst gets applied at 160 cause a dot ? Or only helps
    Out people that play off the burning pi?
  19. L T Devoted Player

If you find yourself without power and unable to combo as Atomic, omegahedron can help. If you're happily running along and never have a problem then it's not useful (that's pretty much the case for most people).

Yes The burning from Heat Vision is also a Damage over Time.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It’s funny now that I’m testing stuff and doing more tanking I totally see manacles not being the best option for me I think Everyman is way better ... I feel like dilustel/symbol and Everyman are the go to three for atomic tanks

As for dps ... as of right now I’m using the trans card heat vision and grim...

Have you tried source shard and if so how is it with rsk and the pets ? Is it worth replacing one of my arts for it ?