An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yep. Like i said, I mad out dom on my beefy tank build. Battle tank, I max might and power, and the rest into dom.
  2. Roocck Committed Player

Thank you for the quick respond
    • Like x 1
  3. Vengeance Gray Level 30

I'm hoping some of you can help me here. I was battle tanking with Earth and had no issues completing any the content in game until Zoo E. I was able to solo tank the first boss and tank Joker or the other two on second boss. On Talia I wasn't able to solo tank the bosses and the adds. I've seen some Rage Tank do it, as well as an Ice Tank do it. In my case the adds/poison would kill brick, and then get to me.

Two days ago I decided to try Atomic tanking. I like the power and I have a fair understanding of the combos. I've been running Zoo E with a range loadout of Neutron, Nuclear, Neutrino, Proton, Reorg, and Density, and a melee loadout of Atom, Beta, Neutrino, Proton, Reorg, and Density.

When I don't have to worry about pulling adds from afar I replace Reorg with HL Shield. My tank is 227 with 320SP. Is there something that I'm missing/not doing that would allow an Atomic tank to solo Zoo E last boss, or is that something that just isn't in our wheel house at this juncture.

Thanks
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Do you find yourself blocking a lot?

If so stop it. Only block when fishing for immunities. As long as you combo you should be getting heals.

For your melee I would say use zthermo chemical explosion as it is faster than atom splitter. Speed to perform combo means faster aura activation and less vulnerability during the combo.

I would also say drop a ranged combo off of your loadout for more utility. The cooldowns are so fast that a back up isn't necessary in most occasions.
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

My battle tank is pretty much what you are saying here however I did thermo with beta surge using the beta surge leg mod I believe they gives an extra heal... which isn’t really a huge heal but anything is better than nothing

As for my straight up tank... I used atomsplitter and the mod for itthat cuts the cost along with beta surge... I really feel Tanky so those times between combos don’t feel that devastating ... however I know that I’d be better off with out it and just sticking to the range taunt
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd prefer to use atom splitter for the added cc , damage, heals but too many times I've been knocked out it forcing me to lose my aura. Very frustrating. That's one area where I feel the dev's did a good job of balancing thermo and atom as there are pros and cons to both.
    • Like x 1
  7. L T Devoted Player

Yeah. it's always a good idea to have an extra immunity, but it seems more important for Atomic. I try to keep an amazon fury trinket in my inventory for the extra-annoying content.
    • Like x 1
  8. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

It's probably not the Meta, but on my Atomic Tank I've had good luck using:
    1) Thermochemical Explosion.
    2) Neutrino Blast (Group Breakout + Aura Activator).
    3) Proton Remedy (Self Heal + Aura Activator).
    4) Density (Personal Shield).
    5) Atom Splitter (AoE Pull).
    6) Atomic reorganization (Ranged Pull).

I'll usually start out by using Atom Splitter (tap square x2 combo) and then hitting Proton Remedy to activate my Quark Gluon Aura. After that if the enemies are close it'll be a loop of Atom Splitter (tap square x2 combo) and Thermochemical Explosion (tap square x2 combo), grabbing any new or stray enemies with Atomic Reorganization. The remaining three powers I use situationally (Neutrino Blast, Proton Remedy, Density).

As far as the stat point allocation for my Tank I go:
    1 Superpowered.
    10 Critical Attack Chance.
    10 Critical Attack Damage.
    Fill Dominance and then put any remaining into Health.

That's just what I do :)
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

This load-out has brought me very good damage in elite content.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Ill check out the above loadout...

So I havent played the game in months and really haven’t played the game daily in years...

Kinda wanting to come back ..i love atomic... and just kinda wondering where its at right now...

Is combo dpsing the only way to go still? Or is hybrid possible ? Id really like to explore more of the atomic abilities while in damage mode... rather then the same few combos ive been using for so long...

Also with tanking i cant remember the names of my old load out but i know it was

The cleanse that also was a short cut to your aura
    Density
    The heal that was a shortcut to your aura
    The long range pull
    The point blank pull damage combo
    Beta surge

Is this still viable and preferred?
  11. L T Devoted Player

That's what I've been using. The cheap ranged combo might be better than beta surge, because beta is mid-range now.

Atomic Tanking seems harder in the new content. Whether because of Augments or the way stats are clamped, I can't say, but I've found tanking stuff to be a challenge.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Same.

Beta surge is good. Like you said, the range is poop. For range, I just stick with the two ranged combos and try not to fall asleep.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

His loadout in the video is ok. Atomic is not in the same place like gadgets. Not everything works well. In his video he suggests using Geiger blast, I wouldn't it's not consistant. I use sonic shout, but only for melee. I've notice playing at range, you really dont want to clip things between the combos. Melee is different.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah that’s my ranking load out tho and the only thing I really ranged for tanking is the pull

I use beta surge for ... and I know this is gonna sound silly but for the leg mod that heals you a small amount it’s really small but that’s ok it’s still a heal and a fast combo so i go with it

yeah like I said it’s my tank load out so I’m not worried bout the range but I get what you guys are saying about it thanks for the tips

Yeah I tried his load out and no offense to him it didn’t work for me. All. Load outs work different for Everyone so it might be good for him but for me it just wasn’t there

I’m just sticking with my two ranged combos density 100% damage supercharge and the damage aura short cut then I have the mid range aoe pull for solos cause t juggles a bit.

It’s super boring but does good damage
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My one suggestion, give the 50% dmg SC a try. It can do some pretty crazy damage. I call it the atomic big gun. I think my might is just below 28k. On bosses I see crits over 100k, and on groups of NPC. If it doesn't one shot them, I'd be surprised. It does take some aiming. Don't shoot it with someone or something in front of you. I've experienced this way to much from all the smoke bombers.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i hate when things can block our abilities that shouldnt... ill give it a try.... i really like the 100% one the looks of it...but id gladly give it up for something i could use more often... im thinkin about getting rid of something on my load out to get the sc builder
  17. L T Devoted Player

He's using my old load out, before I switched to yours. Sonic Shout rocks for atomic. Thinking of renaming myself atomic banshee.
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

Atomic Blast is really good. When I trust my healers and tank I ditch density and use atomic Blast. Most of the time I pug though, so it's either keep a shield handy or pay really high repair bills...
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol. If I didn't have my in-game volume off, it might get annoying.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've also started trying out the crit buff. Kind of like my muntions loadout. Raises crits. Not sure about it yet.