An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. L T Devoted Player

Heat Vision is a strong single-target ability. Nothing wrong with having it in your load out.
    The Damage out of an Atomic Tank is so high you may not even notice the difference in solo content.

That having been said, solo content isn't really challenging to run through as a tank-- you're not likely to learn all that much from it.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually have a battle tank build set up specifically for alerts and lower raids. I’ve even used it in cot reg and throne reg lol. So you can do that for solos and duos if you wants smoother run.

Something I forgot to mention is that the reason you feel power hungry is because you used the cr booster to get to cr210. In itself it’s not an issue but that token doesn’t give you that many skill points. If you can, I’d recommend unlocking skill points on that alt to get it enough points to get max out your might/power. From there it’s just a matter of your augments and artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Been back for a couple days from a year long hiatus. Have there been any changes to Atomic since the combo nerf right after the stat revamp?
  4. L T Devoted Player

I believe it's 12 seconds. A complete (2 mouse-click) combo refreshes it.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Anybody know if individual combo hits count individually for the Philosophers Stone's cooldown reduction?
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They do not, the only abilities besides weapons that proc the stone cooldown is the powers you actually hit on your loadout. Any combos like earth, atomic, light etc count for nothing
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

Atomics Power regen on combo powers are ridiculous after the initial combo. Same power cost it seems. And water doesn't have that much of a power lost after its first combo. Don't know much about other powers combo cost after initial cost.
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure that the revamp made it so that all combos cost half the power of the initial ability cast. That includes water, celestial, atomic, rage, and hard light.

Power Regen is what it is. Combos no longer return power or increase regen rate. You can see that really clearly on the test server due to limitations there. If you respec on live and limit yourself to spending only ~200 skill points with no power mods in your base generator, you'll notice it there also.
  9. L T Devoted Player

for tanking, that's a brilliant idea

For running with Density as a DPS so you can do pick-ups and what not... not so much... though there's always HL shield.

Overall I'm enthusiastically in favor of the concept.
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

LOL-- "OMG there's another role for Atomic????"
    • Like x 1
  11. Aaron7K Active Player

Thanks for the guide I'll definitely be taking notes!
  12. Careless Active Player

Is atomic blast a better super charge than neo venom?
  13. L T Devoted Player

Probably. It's a burst that does decent damage and has a low cool down. If you clip really well and don't get interrupted over the whole 15 seconds Neo Venom does a little more damage (like 2% more).
  14. Careless Active Player

thanks
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Solar Amp or La Most Card for Atomic?
  16. L T Devoted Player

They're really close. You can jump cancel Geiger Beam and if you time it right you get most of the damage and speed up the cool down a bit so that you can get more stacks in during a fight and get back to your combos. You can jump cancel Heat Vision also, but if you have it leveled high enough you lose the DOT which is a good portion of the damage. On the other hand, the Solar Amplifier gives more might.

If you've leveled the solar amplifier, I'd definitely stick with it. If you haven't then you may want to level La Mort instead.

You can improve your single target over just clipping by using both La Mort and Solar Amplifier. Don't think you're beating flurry shot that way but its a noticeable improvement over clipping when you have them both at 120 or so.
    • Like x 2
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I came back to the game just for a little bit ... and wondering what artifacts you guys are using for both tank and dps

As of now I’m using the og tank artifact the manacles and and I can’t remember what the other one is I think it has a shield as the icon

I have them at the lowest green level

Dps I am using strategist the heat vision one and the super charge one

I haven’t leveled anything sup let high so I’m at a point where I can really start leveling them

I super power dps and tank I don’t use a super
    Charge
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

For tank I use Manacles, Dilusteel & Mystic Symbol & on DPS I use trans, Grim & Solar.
    I have been playing around with Scrap since I use Neo Venom and like it too.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For tank I’m using mystic symbols, manacles of force, and soul cloak (Gemini good too) and for dps I’m using transformation, strategist, solar amp. Thou I also like trans strat soul cloak as well when ever I have a healer giving me SC.