An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Tce was only 360 aoe for the first couple weeks of atomic's existence if I remember correctly. They changed it to 180 at least on the tank side to help with how much we were being countered. I think it's fine as a frontal cone move but should be made melee.
    • Like x 1
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So im starting to feel like it was as mistake for me to go dom and might in my blues and reds... i tanked a few raids... majority of my gear is now vendor gear... only a few pieces left that are 172-173 with alphas those pieces are chest head weap neck and ring and ring.... i put 100 in dom and 100 in might and the rest in to crits... and the movment break out buffs...

And when i tanked one of the raids i noticed my health fluctuation too much... i feel lik ei should have gone dom health at this point... i have more than the required dom but im not sure if i made a good decision
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Try putting that 100 sp you have in might/power and putting it in health and see if it helps any.
  4. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

Since revamp, the healing aspect of the combo's in tankrole scale with your HEALTH.
    Atomic isn't a DOMINANCE power anymore. :p
    Look at the powerdescription of Atomic. ;)
  5. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Lmao you're 100% wrong! Copying directly from atom splitter description
    (Tank role)
    Molecular charges reconstitute a portion of your tissue when applied, healing you for an amount equal to 40% of your max dominance.
    The health based healing is only 2% of health activated by attacks while aura is active. Dominance is far and away your main stat.

So you read your power descriptions before you talk down to someone.
    • Like x 1
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This new gear is going to give me a good point to remod

Am I good with dom might or would I be better off straight dom or dom health??
  7. Vindex Active Player

Not everything in the description holds true :p

Have u even wondered why support roles are Supowerpowered and not Hybrid? :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

Hahaha go check the description @ the atomic powers. Not @ the individuel power description. :p
    It has also been mentioned in stream. ;)
    Lekker puh.
  9. krytine Loyal Player

If you get your aura up fast and the higher your dom the better your shields and some of your self heals
  10. krytine Loyal Player

It has always scaled with your health 2% to be exact dom gives you the large burst heal when activating or refreshing your aura
    • Like x 1
  11. krytine Loyal Player

Honestly it depends your play style on how you do things. Some tanks feel better with more dom some feel better with more health me i use dom might for reds and blues then resto might for the yellow the resto helps with proton remedy and makes your shields stronger
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All depends on how you like to tank. You can obviously go for a beefier tank with dom health. You can't go wrong going dom might either. I run with the shield and the super charge shield, so I'm not so worried about my health. Its really up to you.

The only draw back I've had with my dom might mods was in a pug group. Bunch of randoms in KCT kept dying. Blamed me for being top damage and saying I was more worried about dps. So there's that.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah ive had a similar experience someone thought i was trying to chase the scoreboard and truth be known I hadn't even looked at it had no idea w here i was on the board and they were getting irritated with me

They were all a bunch of really poor dps. ..

Ive gone dom might this time around and when i had to tank the per degaton raid. Cause our tank left in a fit cause we didnt get a feat he never asked us to try and get..i felt really vulnerable my health bar was fluctuating more then i was comfortable with ... I dunno if the heals was bad (i dont think they were since everyone was a live even me ) or if i should have gone dom health to prevent such a fluctuation i think this time around ill just go back to dom health in blues dom might in reds and dom power in yellows and if i wanna have more dps ill just unload more into one of my skill point trees from one of my armories
  14. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

There's no reason to spec health over dom! You want to mess up your own character? Fine but keep your misinformation to yourself.
  15. Tallion Well-Known Player

Only the Quark-Gluon aura heals for 2% of your max health (when you attack). Your power combo's however, heal for 40% of your max dom. So, when you do combo's with the aura up, you'll get a 40% dom heal on the first part of the combo, then a 2% health heal from attacking with the aura up and then another 40% dom heal from the end of the combo. It's like it's a sandwich, where your dom heals are the slices of bread and the health heal is the meat in between. If you pay attention you'll notice that the two bigger heals are from the combo and the smaller heal is from attacking while your aura is up, meaning that speccing for health is inferior to speccing for dom.

Edit: With the QG aura up the initial cast of a combo also counts as an attack. So it's 2% health heal, then a 40% dom heal from the combo, then a 2% health heal and then another 40% dom heal from the end of your power combo. So 2x 2% health heal and 2x 40% dom heal. So not quite a sandwich anymore. All in all kind of irrelevant information since you should combo with the aura up to maximize efficiency anyway. But the point still stands. Dom > Health (in terms of self healing and shields anyway.)
    • Like x 2
  16. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

I'm full dom specced, but tested a bit with health. You are totally right. Health doesn't do much.
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So basically if i wanna go straight tank would i be better off with straight dom? Over dom health ?

Ive been thinking about this a lot the last few days cause im about to start remodding...

Im thinking about a few options...

Straight dom

Dom health

Dom power

Or do dom might again...

Here is what im leaning more towards....

If i go straight dom... in blues... then dom might in reds and dom power in yellows...then in my skill points i coud go 183 in dom and put the rest in might and power... or... 100 in dom 100 in might and power... this would give me plenty of dom i think while also picking up enough power to not worry about my power bar
  18. L T Devoted Player

health helps when you're crowd controlled and when dealing with high burst damage. You don't get tons of DOM from the mods, so I tend to mod dom/health
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks this will help...

What about skill points ? Does going all in with dom better ? Then the rest in health or is 100 and 100 into dom and health good or 100 and 100 in to might power and dom better?

I guess my question comes down to do the skill points make much of a difference ?
  20. Hempkrete Active Player

I'm not Jack Ryder but Y-O-U A-R-E W-R-O-N-G!

I've tested it with no SP spent on dom, and 183 SP spent.
    @ dominance: 5074; heals: 2029; 2029 / 5074 = 0.399 (40%)
    @ dominance: 7392; heals: 2956; 2956 / 7392 = 0.399 (40%)

Tested @ 27078 / 35433 health, it always heals for 40% of your dominance.

• Like x 1
  21. Tallion Well-Known Player

Dom > Health is only in regards to self healing, but self heals don't matter much if it only takes 5 slaps to take you out. A couple thousand more HP is always good to have if you feel like your health is dipping below the 50% mark more often than you are comfortable with. L T is 100% correct, you get way more health than dom from SP and mods. You can easily stack up a couple thousand HP, meanwhile you only get hundreds of dom for the same amount of SP spent. More health = more margin for error/ more time for a healer to react to your dropping health incase you are incapacitated or caught a mean elbow to the face.
    I didn't get around to crunching any numbers so i can't give you the ultimate survival ratio yet. But like some people have stated, it depends on your preference. If you feel saver relying on the healer, go more health focused. If you want to be more independant, you could go more dom focused, but run the risk of getting slapped up badly if you can't get any combo's off.