Actions To Be Taken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggles Loyal Player

Those players are not players I would want as my customers. I could care less if they left. They broke the EULA, they would not get any refunds. I assure you though if someone lost a character that had over 200 SPs, no other player would ever cheat again, because the player base would know that there was a serious punishment for cheating.

Furthermore, if you are an honest player, you would have absolutely nothing to worry. "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time". These people knew exactly what they were doing. If those shady players left, good riddance, new players would take their place in time. Just my opinion. ;)
    • Like x 5
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I appreciate the fact you are responding and the discussion is pretty much going to happen regardless of whether or not you said anything or not.

I just hope this is the line in the sand and if the devs see something like this again, they will act appropriately if not swiftly as while my opinions make this feel like a money grab, Daybreak is new to the scene and may want to have a "you have been warned" exception before you come out with the banhammers.
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

1) True! But evaluating situations better would mean realising that glitching is wrong and never doing it! :)

2) If you think 13 months is 2-3 years, then ok.:rolleyes: Whether or not it was intended when they originally made the game, it's clearly an intended mechanic now. :cool:

3) Unless you can show me a link wherein the devs state that it's an exploit... or a video or an at level team getting the Arkham speed feat while killing every single add in the map.... I'm going to have to ask you to stop being such a silly troll. :rolleyes:

4) LOL!! :p :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm hoping this is a hard line in the sand and if something like this happens in the future, the heads will be put on pikes in the town square.
    • Like x 4
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

Conveniently, no one legitimately finished the elite raid or got the elite loot from Hades legitimately, so no innocent players will be affected.
    • Like x 2
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Regular Gotham or Wastelands?
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

They've said it wasn't that nany people who glitched .. I'd assume. It thT nany means less then a million
    • Like x 2
  8. Makineko Committed Player

imo The right call, Those who did glitch get caught in the net and those who didn't don't get tangled in with the bad eggs. I personally would have thought a tougher sentence would be in call but I can understand why the call to strip just the gear gained from Hades.

The hope is that if this (unfortunately) happens again that those who were found to be guilty this time would not be let off so lightly. However the way it has been dealt with has been professional, open and means that something has been done.

For those openly bragging about it, demanding refunds or claiming that you can just do it again, good luck. If you break the ToS your claims are null and void. Also if a person can't complete the raid without a glitch what hope do they have attempting it when it's fixed, with or without 101 gear.
    • Like x 2
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

It's actually the people that spent a ton of money on replays that are moaning the most. It's really funny
    • Like x 2
  10. Avian Dedicated Player

All the exploiters are like
    [IMG]

while I'm just sitting here like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  11. Prosser Dedicated Player

Actually, there was legitimate groups that were beating the first two bosses and resetting in order to gear up to beat Hades. So yes people were spending replays when they couldn't beat Hades.

Also tunneling only worked on the PS, so PC test couldn't of found the glitch.
    • Like x 2
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

when this take effect? Everyone that I see or know who did it still have their gear.
  13. Prosser Dedicated Player

sometime next week.
    • Like x 3
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

You couldn't be more wrong, if you went down the wrong end of a one-way street.
    • Like x 2
  15. Unida Dedicated Player

LOL at this.

not even a mention of glitching being cheating, just that the gear was earned/paid for via replays.
    replays have always been a way for people to have more chances at getting gear, that's nothing but new, how it was being acquired is.

there is no division in the community either... unless you are referencing cheaters vs. non-cheaters. in which case, so freaking what? - all the cheaters could/should get banned and that's that, outside those that cheated, who would really even care if they never returned? not me.
    • Like x 5
  16. Makineko Committed Player

This made me chuckle, This thread has been value for entertainment today :p
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

o_O

So what, they threatened to do horrible things to kittens if players didn't exploit the glitch?

If not, then those that CHOSE to exploit the glitch have no one to blame but themselves.
    • Like x 2
  18. Makineko Committed Player

It's in the small print, the very very small print.

Paragraph 102.1
    If A player does not exploit a glitch that is present a Kitten (or Puppy, depends which is easier to get a hold of) is mercilessly tortured every day. It's either that or they force you to watch Battlefield: Los Angeles on repeat for 3 days a week non stop. :p
    • Like x 4
  19. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Most likely Thursday, since reset day.
  20. Yuck Gadgets Active Player

I haven't played too many MMOs but the few I have played made you raid to get the best gear. DC had it backwards for a long time, running solos and duos to get the best gear is laughable.

And to the people saying next time people will get banned ha. People stole loyalty points like crazy and they didn't get banned and that's essentially real money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.