Actions To Be Taken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Jenni Loyal Player

And fools who are foolish enough to argue to a developer, or in this case, Community Manager, that cheating is justified ought to be banned. They ought to lose their toons. If that's their way of thinking, they are straight out saying that they are not the kind of player 95% of us want around. Really! Why, if you tried to get away with something, would you come on this thread and publicly defend that action, rather than quietly taking the punishment that you're going to take either way.
    • Like x 6
  2. Will Power Loyal Player

Just saying that most people just want to play and will agree to any unseen rules as long as they get to play.
    • Like x 1
  3. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

Using a bug , a glitch or manipulate the game in any way is just wrong and ppl know that for sure !
    • Like x 4
  4. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Then you'd get a slap on the wrist and a finger wag and be let go.
  5. super sanson Active Player

Oh yeah! you are going to punish all of us for pay and play the glitch that your own program designer created , then let me tell you something, you has to go back and punish all that peopeople that do the same thing in love and war, and same with every nasty glitch that this game has it before, and pay in real money to does ones that spend all that weekend replaying this raid over and over to get 98 drops most of the time. Now to play the contents of this game dcuo or most knowing as soe, and now other company. Required to you buying some replay badges or wait until reset every Thursdays to play any content in this game so we R in law, i saw that we suppose to report the glitch in your gaming rule but guess wat we are not your employees you have a team to do that work and put on tests. By the way why taking so long? you know about this when all the bunch of crying babys was speaking in the forum with all the details of this glitch and if was not taking away ¿Do you know how much money people spend that weekend until the throne of dead was taken away? I hope you know wat you are doing because are hundreds that are going to quick after this decision of taking out the gear 101 remember that mod cost money too if you use the totally recovery kit. We speak with everyone that was making the raid that day Non of us want to take as refund replay badges because there is no point in play this game anymore. We Are hundreds. We gather everything legally right because we pay real money to get into this raid and it was in test before was running in our platform so stop does people's that are talking about (does who glitch) because no one of the gamers glitch your game it was glitch by your own peoples like the other glitch as well and we all gather proof recording our games. So if you are going to continue with this unfair procedures just give us our money back and stay with the bunch of crying babe's that doesn't have the money to replay the contents in that weekend and now are being painted as the most legals that never take advantage of a glitch. All my friends are in accordance with me to proceed legally if we not receive our money and not in replays badges, has to be in our credits card's. Reed the enrichment law. Because if you pay us with replays badges that means that your are making us spend our money in your game, what means in other words enrichment your company. And you are clearly charging foward us calling us hackers that is a serious accusation. And this glitch was taken out after a week a week wow! that was quickly possible. You guys know about this but you was making money right! One week later start the complaint really! Att. All dcuo "hakers" yeah right.
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When people are uninterested in reading rules, that's their choice and problem.
    • Like x 5
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't think it's actually the case that "most people" have no ethics. It's only a small minority who think that way.
    • Like x 1
  8. HonestAbe New Player

This forum is like when Andy Dufrense arrived at Shawshank with the all the people claming innoncence and climbing up on their soapbox.
    • Like x 2
  9. RogerBlack Committed Player

You would lose this argument in a court of law.
    If you are a lawyer then you are highly familiar with the term "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

Especially when it comes to 'contracts'.
    The consumer is PRESENTED with a 'contract'... and they 'agree' by advancing / clicking to continue 'the deal'.

It is their OWN fault if they CHOOSE not to read & fully understand what they are clicking, when installing software.

Just like it is their OWN fault if they CHOOSE not to read & fully understand what they are 'signing' with a pen & paper, in real life.

So there is NO ambiguity to resolve 'in favor' of the consumer.
    If a gamer CHOOSES NOT TO READ THE TOS.... then they are bound to the 'terms' that they completely ignored. (Keyword: Chooses)

They made a choice. They have to live with it.

When you 'sign / or agree to' a contract to rent a car, or own a vehicle, or install software, or rent a house, or buy a house, or play baseball for the Dodgers, or buy plane tickets online.... the ONUS is on you (the consumer) to READ and 'fully comprehend' what you are agreeing to.

i.e. "Know what you are getting into.... READ THE FINEPRINT"

Or else you might end up in front of a judge and s/he may tell you that you are completely SOL because you could have 'said no'... but you chose to 'skip over' the terms of the deal. (i.e. the Fineprint)

That's your own fault.
    • Like x 5
  10. Necro Maat Well-Known Player

Good riddance to the throne glitchers! Learn the actual mechanics of the game and stop whining & cheating. PS don't click yes to things you don't read like ToS. ;) If you want to roll back the glitchers from previous raids glitches, guess what? You'd just be rolling back the same people even more. THAT would be HILARIOUS!
    • Like x 1
  11. SnowyGlobes252 New Player

Kudos for finally enforcing a glitch, however, from my understanding the glitch was on the test server and nothing was done. You waited until you made X amount of dollars from replays and respec tokens. The raid had been broken for some time and you did nothing. Throne could have been taken down sooner or even prevented. The glitches in the past, that were exploited, could have been enforced and you have done nothing. There is no consistency in this game and that is why people are complaining. I don't follow the forums often, but when I do your comments towards your customer base are disrespectful and rude. I hope your attitude changes towards the people that help get you a paycheck.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pr0tojay Committed Player

So i glitched throne a few times and got 2 drops, a 101 neck and 101 feet. I dont mind u taking them away, its all good..seems fair (even though u didnt punish the love and war glitchers a few months ago -_-). Im just wondering will i get my 100 neck and 99 feet that i had there before? If not, i understand...just wondering.
    • Like x 1
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Thank you for listening to us. Much appreciated. Those of you impacted, this is a lesson learned as it clearly shows that money pushed forward to the man does not buy your way out. Yes, we as the community understand that you paid money for replay badges and as such ran the raid multiple times. It cost real world money. We as the community also know that life is not fair as we sat back and watch group abuse a glitch to move ahead and cause further in game separation. Now, justice has prevailed and you feel you have been ripped off. The truth is, you agreed to the terms in advance and you took the risk of using a in game glitch to get ahead without considering any retribution by DCUO developers. It was only time before action was going to be taken by the developers for people abusing a glitch. Now that the developers have stood up to people that abused a glitch we know as a community if a glitch is found tell the developer immediately and do not play said content as we could loose any gear obtain for abusing it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Are you saying that clicking ok without reading means I have no ethics? :confused: :(
    • Like x 3
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Wow.....look at all the new members......SHEESH!!!!
    • Like x 5
  16. Bright Idea New Player

I don't have a problem with people being "punished" for violating the ToS.
    The issue I have is that we have a game that reeks of inconsistency. The Devs consistently rebalance skills and powers in such a way that it creates an environment where you are forced to seek out ways to be more cost effective in your playing.
    Add to that, quantum tunneling should be a power that goes through walls. The very concept makes the power similar a teleport, and there shouldn't be any artificial boundaries to that. While a player shouldn't be able to go outside of the instance with the power, if there is something solid within the area, a quantum tunneler should be able to appear on the other side of it. Considering there are no control debuffs for the power set, it would only make sense that a troller would have some means to shed a strong ad or high dom pvp opponent.
  17. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I was thinking the same thing. With the servers down it seems even more were just made.
    • Like x 2
  18. Cruelty Active Player

Idc at all but why is dc can glitch constantly, just last night got to hades he never showed because the judge wasn't banished just stood in front of the steps oh and certain devs help leagues through throne elite, hmmmm
  19. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I don't agree with this. i don't get how gliches work. If a glitch is happening and I really don't know i get punished to. This also convinces me to do more solo content. if not enough solo content is added with dlcs I won't buy it. That also means you soe will get less money from me.
    • Like x 2
  20. Deadlyhitter New Player

As a non cheating DCUO Hardlight Troll/Dps i thank the game makers for coming up with this awesome solution. For all the people who payed to be quantum, payed for resets on Thrones Elite, and basically payed to cheat. That's what you get, I hope they get every last 1 of you!
    Seriously tho did you have to shut down servers at this time?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.