Actions To Be Taken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

pretty much this...

dont get me wrong Im glad they even did anything to cheaters but they didnt even take all the glitched gear from them lol

so its like not even really punishing them.
    • Like x 2
  2. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

Wait, so the next time there's a glitch and it's not in an "eliete" version I can glitch it and nothing will happen to me? That IS sad.
    • Like x 2
  3. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

It's totally a half-***** punishment. Very disappointed by this action taken.
    • Like x 4
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Is your name Armstrong? Because you really stretched with this. Are you saying that the cheaters and exploiters are the aggrieved party here? If so, you are so wrong that it defies logic. Only in this entitlement mentality society can someone openly cheat then claim an aggrieved status like this.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In coming to this decision, we carefully considered all possible options based on the tools, time, and information available to us. We consider this a fair, merciful, and proportional response.

Why? This option ONLY impacts the cheaters, guaranteed, where others might have hit an edge-case legitimate player. This option removes the major benefit of using the exploit in removing the exploiters' rewards, but does not permanently remove anyone from or permanently cripple anyone in the game. This option does hit the cheaters where it matters most to them - in their time playing and replaying the raid - but still allows them opportunity to make better choices in the future.

Players in this thread are saying both that the action is too severe and not severe enough, which tells us we landed appropriately in the middle. In the event of a similar scenario in the future, our actions may be different or less forgiving, in no small part simply due to the information we already have here. Again, if you value your characters, think long and hard before you choose to break the rules a second time.
    • Like x 25
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Well said...I will admit I thought it wasn't harsh enough but after reading this I understand why you chose this particular line of punishment.
    • Like x 3
  7. McGhee Well-Known Player

Evaluating situations better than others is always right.

The game was around 2-3 years before roleless buffs. That came years after launch. After launch, the community quickly figured out we didn't need every role for every alert.

If you could provide a link wherein the devs state that, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, you may have glitched that content for feats. That's cheating. They should remove your feats.

Also, don't emote after your points. It's like high-fiving yourself.
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Was there any thought given to wiping all 101 gear from the toons who beat Hades ?!?!? I understand it's a fine line you guys are trying to walk, but like you said if they got gear from Hades then the fact of the matter is that they glitched the instance. No questions asked, they were caught red handed.

Based off that should they not lose all gear that could've come from performing the glitch? The way many people are seeing it is that people that purposely glitched the content get to keep 2/3's of their gear they got by glitching. If the drop logs are correct that BBG mentioned from Hades, then MULTIPLE people who were on here saying "we shouldn't be punished because we ran it legit" were caught in a bold faced lie. Yet they'll be able to keep 2/3's of the gear acquired.

Basically all I'm seeing now is that perform the glitch, but don't acquire any feats or beat the final boss because that might give you away. Not a really good precedent to set IMO.

I'm really glad you guys are at least doing SOMETHING, but giving people a week to play with glitched gear to try to get new gear, giving them notice to remove their mods from glitched gear, and only taking away 1/3 of the glitched gear doesn't seem too bad a punishment.

IMO, people now likely think you just don't have the time or resources to deal with everyone glitching.
    • Like x 5
  9. The Great NK Well-Known Player

Anyone have popcorn left? I'm a little late to the party.

And look at mepps bringing justice like a true batman.
  10. True Lasombra Well-Known Player

PFFF!!! That's f lame, Some can't even do the raid because is always the same people doing it that stik together! Worst of all,, they found way to cheat and then give you s in the hall telling your noob or what so ever concerning your gear LOL!!! These are the people ruining everything here!! Mepps is verry generous....I would have close Your files right away!
    • Like x 1
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I'm sorry Mepps but after having a night to ponder the actions taken, you and the rest of your team missed the point and are making this now seem like it is nothing more than a glorified money grab. You give ample time for notice, letting them re-earn gear and salvage mods. The glitchers don't lose prestige or marks earned in the glitch and you are only focusing on a few pieces of gear while they still benefit from the glitching.

I think you are putting a ridiculous value on time and replays, a statement needed to be made and all that was said was Daybreak likes the $ received from last weeks replays, this weekends replays and any recovery kits that were bought.

This decision basically states that unless you glitch money, you will not be held accountable for any violations of the TOS/EULA or even banned for any significant time.
    • Like x 5
  12. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

When I look at what Mepps and Spytle have stated, in regards to the punishment; I have to agree with them. If something happens in the future, you better believe it will get uglier for cheaters and exploiters.
    • Like x 5
  13. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Lets be honest here FESTER, If someone glitched Hades in Normal. Then glitched the entire elite raid, Do you really think even with a full set of 101 (ill gotten) gear, they are going to have the skills to run the raid legit and get their gear before it is taken away? Even if it just 3-4 pieces?
    • Like x 1
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I would guess it's possible. I'm just saying I don't understand why they're being given time to get their gear in order before they worry about losing anything. If they're wanting to make sure the glitchers lost time, wouldn't deleting the gear faster so they are then without a piece of gear a better action rather then letting them run content and likely get a 100 piece for a replacement within the next week?

I get what you're saying though, heck you could probably take a group that strictly abused the glitch and watch them wipe doing the EO feat...
    • Like x 2
  15. Prosser Dedicated Player

Nope.
    • Like x 2
  16. Anima Committed Player

gg
  17. Prosser Dedicated Player

Except no one has beat throne elite without glitching it.....
    • Like x 4
  18. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I love that movie.
    You shouldn't glitch the raid Johnny. My father glitched the raid once.Once.
    • Like x 4
  19. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

I am not saying I disagree. I really do wish it had be a little harsher. But from Reading Mepps' post I understand why they decided this route (and you have to admit, the cheaters still found plenty to be unhappy with even with a relatively light punishment).

I just think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here. They act like it is going to be so easy for the cheaters to replace the gear with legit ones. But it was that easy for them, why did they glitch it in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have the ability to remove the specific rewards that were gained inappropriately, but it takes a bit of time. It might have been ideal to instantly take the gear, but it wasn't possible. Again, our actions are measured here, based on all the factors mentioned above.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.