Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

Your views change with the devs, everytime. You didnt come to some epiphany, you switched sides when changes get reverted.

Not only are you a spokesperson, you also put way too much ego into your own opinion, which I might add, seems to be 1 versus everyone else here that is a player. Maybe you get rewarded for that, I dunno, bit it doesnt make you right.

We all support this game. Without all of us, you wouldnt have a game to play Proxy. If you are an adult, then recognize the overwhelming opinions that arent your own.
    • Like x 4
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Puurrrfect! I LOVE this one! Woot!

Your best yet!
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah you're right, I had a secret word with Mepps about this before it got changed, went something like;

"Hey Mepps, I really hate that Emoney guy, you know what would be great, nerf the marks in FOS3 and DD, he'll love it"

In exchange he gave me 6 chroma's and a thousand source marks.

[IMG]

For the record supporting the game has nothing to do with reaching mass player agreement on a topic, you support the game, I support the game, we hold different views, the world keeps going around, you'll keep farming FOS3 and you'll keep getting 6 marks and it'll be fine ;)

The irony in your comment "recognize the opinions that aren't your own" is that you equally so dismiss ones that aren't yours.. Welcome to the world of holding a double standard. I'm not the only one, even in this thread that holds the view I do.

In fact, given I once shared your opinion I've demonstrated that I recognize both views more than you - had I not done so I wouldn't have changed my mind. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's not about me lol. It's not really even about FoS3, because I rarely spam it.

It's about a change made, under the explanation of game wide ecosystem, yet, it does nothing for the outliers on the flipside. Again, time vs marks isnt only about 2 raids. And further, there are far larger outliers like Arkham asylum as mentioned. But, that's not even on their radar apparently and you dont seem to understand the hypocritical choice of supporting two raids getting nerfed, when others need the buff in rewards. Ya know, if it's really about the ecosystem, this would be a game wide retooling of rewards.

No need to get snarky, I just point out 11 years of forum observation, from the point of view of someone that reads your opinions all the time, on almost every post ever made. This is not Proxy Universe, nor is it Emoney Universe, but, I can clearly see which way these opinions are going and you are by far the minority here.
    • Like x 3
  5. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Why? Where are the ToS violations? There are many posts on this thread because this decision of theirs merits discussion and many players disagree with it.

I don't understand the desire for censorship.
    • Like x 2
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I agree, and as disagreements go, for the internet, it's been pretty free of venom.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You're right it's not about the individuals, it's about the argument and merits thereof, which is why on this occasion I've kept it to the merits of the argument itself rather than the "emotional response" of having lost marks. Much like others in here now I've been guilty of it myself in previous discussions relating to this topic.

I've changed my view, because the reasoning behind why its being done is logical even if emotionally a player immediate response is anger because it means less reward.

In an ideal world they would have reviewed every instance and looked at the reward, but for likely a few reasons have chosen not to do so. Firstly, the time involved and secondly they probably decided they'd pick on a couple of obvious outliers first to see what sort of impact it had.

Despite the assertion that I'm "railing entirely against the players here" I'm really not and in fact I've already agreed with you on numerous points within this very thread.

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

I just don't agree with putting the marks back.
    • Like x 1
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well, then, if you read all of my posts to this point you will see over and over, I AM NOT ADVOCATING THEY RESTORE THE MARKS TO FOS3, I'm saying that the devs are quick to take away marks in one circumstance, yet they are not giving us more marks where needed. It's like a punishment, instead of a fix. I think the 30 or more instances that get rejected based on length of time vs rewards needs to be addressed before they take away from 2 raids.

If Mepps didnt give the reason of game wide ecosystem this would be a mute point, but clearly that's not the case.

We all want Omnibus to work as intended, yet they only addressed 2 raids in a negative way, without fixing the others.

IF Mepps came to the forums explaining they upped the rewards in the most rejected instances but also took away from the two, we would all be closer together here.
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Daybreak can get to the outliers in time, and remember the forum is a minority in itself. We on the forum are the vocal minority.

But if they buff the rewards, there is a chance the mark requirement for items will also go up to compensate. But reducing the amount will keep "Currency Creep" at bay for awhile longer.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because the majority of players agree doesn't mean it's the right thing to do either. Players need to look farther then the instant short term gratification, and understand the long term good it does for the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry I did not mean to imply you specifically were advocating for the restoration of the marks, I was merely expressing that I specifically don't agree with doing so when compared to the others here that do - that comment didn't necessarily need to relate to you personally.

Mepps wasn't wrong with explaining the eco-system. I think at this stage the developers think 10 rewards for the likes of Kahndaq is sufficient, now obviously most players would disagree, it's clearly not and that's the change we certainly need to rally together on and I'm certainly in that camp.

Even if I agree that it perhaps would've gone down better had they buffed a few raids at the same time, I doesn't really come as a shock that they did it either.

People might not like it, but if we're being intellectually honest about it, when you see LFG in game (not even considering the game data the devs must have) with the likes of FOS spam, FOS spam, FOS spam walk in, it's also unsurprising, even if I remained in my previously held view, shock and surprise at this change wouldn't be elements of it. In fact the only surprise would be that it didn't happen sooner.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Um....this is one of the reasons I always said I didn't want marks added to old content, but those of you who wanted it, got us a bunch of 700 mark pets and 500 mark allies....but now you want to say 'woah'...yeah...creepy indeed.

That's funny. Sad but funny.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again… please explain how the devs are preventing you from playing or spamming what you want. Let’s not lie and say people ran fos3 cause they wanted to. They ran it and DD because of the sheer amount of SMs per minute they gave. You can deny it all you want but there is an economy. When 2 raids are giving more marks than a raid that is getting buffed under a 2x marks than yes there is an issue. And before you say “well they will just go to necropolis next”, there is a BIG difference between 10 marks per 6 minutes or 8 marks per 2.5 minutes and 10 marks per 10 minutes. If necropolis gives 10 marks in 10 minutes… guess what.. that’s the same as 6 marks per 6 minutes.

Yes some raids will always be faster than others. They can not do a perfect marks per minute balance because of the various differences between raid mechanics. But a raid being that much better than the rest are clearly out of line.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Oh you'd have got the 700 mark pets anyway >: )
  16. Kreachure Committed Player

It just seems like you're arguing this for the sake of arguing at this point. Yes they wanted to, because of how convenient those raids were & yes they will go to necro next. They already have... I just did a run of necro in 7 mins. Nerf incoming?

Also idk any spams of DD that did it in 2.5 mins without a speed hacker lmao. In fact I actually ran a DD that had a speed hacker once and it took 2.5 mins.
    [IMG]

Between the incredibly small minority of people who agree with this update and mepps, you guys love to keep bringing up this "time-to-marks" ratio thing as if it's the problem, solution, the whole reason this was done. But conveniently never wanna mention how there's alerts that take double or triple the time some raids do and reward half the marks.
    On top of this, it's like you fail to realize that there most definitely are a lot of people who are gonna be sitting in FoS3 for 30 mins or more. What do they get? 6 marks :D

Pointless support, for a pointless update.
    • Like x 4
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes cause alerts use up just as many members as a raid does… some alerts are slower some are faster. Guess what. There are some alerts that can be done faster than other alerts and give less marks lol. So thank you for bringing up alerts. Raids are getting adjusted similar to alerts now. So great point.

Yes there will be people who will take 30 minutes to beat fos. There are people who can’t even beat the Stu solo even while it being the easiest solo in the game. Some peoples skill level is not being questioned by the devs. So no reason for you to bring that up.

And if you need a speed hacker to do DD in under 3 minutes than that says more about the players in there than anything else.

And you’re the one arguing to argue. You still haven’t explain how it’s right that a raid that is not under bonus even my getting faster marks than a raid under a double marks event right. You can’t argue you it cause you actually don’t care about what logical. You only care about what’s convenient for yourself. Here’s the thing about people like you. You’d rather be the ship captain of a sinking ship than a member of a floating ship. Who cares about what you want as an individual. The devs concern is about the game as a whole. All the whining and crying won’t change that.

Guess what. There will likely be more changes to come that people won’t like. There will be more changes to come that people do like. That’s how the world works. You just want them to fix things that inconvenience you and leave anything that you benefits you. No game can survive that way.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kreachure Committed Player

If those alerts were raids, do you think they should still reward 10 marks?

Wait what? LOL So a group of low level or new T1 players run FoS3. It takes them 20-30 mins or so, as it should. It is relevant content to them and truly scaled to their gear and CR. They finally finish it, check their loot. 6 marks. That's fine?
    Okay. Let's say a new EG raid comes out. Takes us 25-30 to complete. Should we still get 10 marks?

Send me a clip of you doing DD in under 5.

This is such a copium response because you are the minority. Have you even read this thread? lol. The only sinking ship here is the game because of pointless updates like these that take precedent over updates that could actually benefit or fix the game. This is why this game has a huge problem with player retention right now.
    "The devs concern is about the game as a whole" This one is a gut buster. The devs have been jumping ship.
    "You only care about what's convenient for yourself." The amount of times I've stated that I never even spammed these raids. :rolleyes:

This update has nothing to do with what benefits me. In fact, I agree that it's not detrimental to the EG players progress. But it is to the lower and newer players. It's also the reason for this update and how it was executed that really bothers me. There was no give and take. Only take. There was no warning. It wasn't game breaking. This wasn't something that had been discussed as an issue before, this was just something the devs decided to "fix" out of the blue. And the excuse is "time-to-marks" ratio. This reasoning is completely illogical if they are only changing these 2 raids. This update benefits nobody, nor does it benefit the games health in any way. It was pointless.
    • Like x 4
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If a new player is running fos than it should give them marks that it gives everyone else… you are acting as if a new player will stay in t1 for as long as players had to back in the day. With how easy it is to get gear these days new players will probably move past it fast,

And I’m glad you mentioned it being bad for new players… that’s far from the truth. You are assuming again same as you assumed it would take a new player 20 minutes. What IS killing the game is players like you who cry and complain any time a change is made. You say it’s not EG players job to show new players how to play and that it should be the games job to do so. I agree. Stats clamp was introduced and players were forced to actually play and learn mechanics. That players like you complain that it’s bad cause you don’t want to show them. The devs are forcing players to learn mechanics through the game.

Let’s talk more about new players. New players are less likely to have established leagues or established friend groups to run with. So they will rely more on the on duty to que up. EG players are more likely to have friend/league to run with or go to lfg. So fos and dd being more common would mean that those would tend to pop more often than other raids. This being because if the marks per minute that they give compared to other raids. A new player would tha have to wait longer for a que to pop. The devs make a change to make these pop less.

All of this benefits new players more than EG players. The devs response on why they did the chance is very logical. You just don’t like it and don’t accept it. What you accept has literally 0, ZERO, impact on why they did it. You can cry that it’s illogical all you want. They did a change. And explained why. Cause and effect. It’s not rocket science. The only thing I agree with is that they gave no warning. Communication is an issue and that I agree with. But that’s it. However it does follow a pattern they have done before. Players were glitching the dawn raid for marks and they made fixed it. Players then did HH and left mid raid which caused issues. So they made a change. And now they did a spotlight and saw that players were ignoring the spotlight because FoS had higher marks per minute. So they made another change. You are acting like they have never made a change around SMs before lol.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kreachure Committed Player

"Players like you" "you people" etc etc. You keep generalizing and it's your only real defence to anything lol. It's pretty obvious you're just here to argue. Have a great night.