Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

That's what happens when you're on the forums exclusively to argue and play devil's advocate for no reason.:confused:
    • Like x 4
  2. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Not gunna lie it’s very entertaining to read. Personally I can only go back and forth so much which is why I left it alone, but all Proxy is really doing is playing devils advocate for the sake of playing devils advocate. Which, okay I guess? Just seems like a pretty weird hill to die on when pretty much almost the entire community is against this change. Like if everyone hates the change, and you agree that it wasn’t probably the best, then what are we arguing for? It’s kinda like when people get ratio’d into oblivion on twitter and then double down on whatever they said. An ego thing I guess.
    • Like x 3
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yep, yep, I’m one of those players who only sticks to End Game content plus Seasonals.
    • Like x 3
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It's a game, if you feel you're being forced, you're doing it wrong.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you aren’t forced.

Please explain how it’s illogical? It’s not that complicated. During spotlight episodes raids (dlc in general) give double source marks. This is completely ignored because a raid not getting boosted gives more SMs than the spotlight boosted raid. Please explain how that makes sense? It’s literally very straight forward.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I didn't use the word "almost" as regards anything.

And changing the subject to a personal attack violates the TOS.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's why I'm laying off....well that and the ONE thing I asked him to provide, he can't....lots of other unrelated stuff...sure. But not the one thing.

I actually like Proxy most of the time, just don't like having things I never said attributed to me...or being called a liar.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kreachure Committed Player

You're right. Forced was a poor word to use. The point is they are trying to get EG players to run older content but why? Why do EG players want or need to run the things the devs want them to run? Why do they need to play content that hasn't been relevant to them for years? Why can't they just play or spam the content they want to so they can efficiently get the marks they need in the END GAME?
    You know, the game they're essentially caught up in and now need to run around and do tedious little things to get feats, pets, allys, catalysts or whatever else they want or need to grind before they completely burn out.

Take away these raids and these players are still not gonna run wonderverse 2x Marks week LOL. Onto necro or something else.
    Hell, Doomsday wasn't even a full 10 marks to begin with. So they nerfed it more? What?

Its not hurting anyone at all. There's no economy around it and it's not an obligation for EG players to coach or teach new players. That is literally part of being a game developer. The devs need to make this game easy enough to understand so new players can easily figure out how to progress after the 1-30 levelling process.

Why can't EG players play their own way? That's the slogan right? "Free-to-play, your way". Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
    This update changes nothing, people will still find new ways to get fast and efficient marks so why change it in the first place? It all seems pointless.

Stop trying to get new players to revisit old content because you think it will decrease the burnout factor. It is literally doing the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I think double mark weeks are great for a lot of players but you add double marks thinking EG players grind old content, but they already experienced burnout when that content was relevant. "Oh wow look it's double marks in wonderverse!!! Do I really even wanna re-visit Patchwork after I already did that slow Aether grind? Not really." Wonderverse is completely ignored cause it was a slow grind in the first place. Why would I care to revist patchwork or the wonderverse episode after I had spent weeks there grinding just the open world feats, let alone the instanced content.

Also not to mention the way this was handled in the first place. Considering this was nowhere near a game breaking issue, they should've mentioned this "fix" at least a week prior to gauge player feedback and reaction. Most game companies do this because;

THE GAME IS FOR THE PLAYER. We pay to play this game, whether it's free to play or not. It's how the game is still alive.
    If I go to a restaurant, I pick something off the menu that I want to eat. The server doesn't tell me what I should be eating.

Start fixing the problems that actually exist, before applying band-aids where there's no wounds on a body that is covered in them.

We pay to play our way.
    • Like x 6
  9. zNot Loyal Player

I think mepps needs to lock this thread..
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, I've got a dirty motel room perpetually booked, but he wants a 5 star hotel room, what's a guy on a budget gonna do, right?

[IMG]

But no seriously, I don't mind Reinheld lol, he asked me to look through his post history, I looked through a few posts, found some funny stuff, he did the same earlier, we both had a bit of a laugh - it was good times :D

Reinheld, I'll see you in the next thread bit.. bro <3
    • Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

…And all was right with the world once again. The End.

But seriously, what’s wrong with a cozy Bed & Breakfast located in a Victorian style home with a wrap around porch with food served by a classical gourmet chef?
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry...but I gotta have standards. Besides...you came up short...

I mean on finding the quote I asked for....not the other thing.:confused:
    • Like x 4
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

I dont understand why the outrage is hard to understand.

I also dont like how Mepps made Proxy his spokesperson, when Proxy has demonstrated many times over the years to be bias to whichever way the devs blow.

MEPPS... fix the rest of them then! If this is about precious balance and the ecosystem, well then address the whole system!

I could get behind this change, if the rest was brought up. There are plenty of alerts, too many to list, that take 20, 30 even 45 mins if it's an inexperienced group. So how is 6 marks for 8 minutes the standard now, yet I only get 5 for content that takes 5 times that time?!? Hour long raids, still 10, and I will pass on that omni selection EVERYTIME. How does that work for the omni system??? At least players were running FoS3, accepting the omni selection, but instead, I will be excluding myself, and bypassing it all together.

I even ran Arkham asylum a couple days ago, skipping 80% of the adds, still took us 29 minutes. That was with me, experienced knowing how to fly in, hit the objectives and get to the next area. Without me, that group would be 29 minutes in one wing of the asylum. 5 marks, awesome [sarcasm]

Again, adjust it all, or be happy people are even playing. This stuff is getting way beyond old. I've never played a game that holds back players as much as this one has over 11 years.

The ecosystem need consistency. If it's about time to reward, then make it that way by giving more marks for longer content. Otherwise, dont make these pointless changes.
    • Like x 6
  14. Kreachure Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I'll never come up short with the other thing :cool:
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I meant ego....so no....you won't.:p
  17. myandria Item Storage

Nah, not yet. It hasn't broken down to a multiple TOS breaking, mob mentality flaming torch/pitchfork hate fest as some other threads have. So far it has been entertaining and informative, as others before me have mentioned.
    • Like x 5
  18. Proxystar #Perception

On the contrary, I pander to no one, that's the difference, I don't pander to the players, I don't pander to the developers. I'm not here to appease your need for validation and I will never care about doing so. I've railed against both groups at times in virtually equal extents and have done so for over 10 years.

You can attempt to dismiss my views as "playing devils advocate" if you like, perhaps because it suits your narrative and gives the illusion I still support your view regarding this topic and "I'm just trolling you; I can respect the attempt.

However, generally speaking my views are genuinely held, my views are capable of changing over time and do change when a reasonable, logical and sound argument to the contrary is put forth - this is what a mature adult does. If you want me to change my mind then put forth a better argument.

Let's keep it real, the only reason you don't like it, is because my opinions seem to carry a bit of weight, when I chose not to get on your bandwagon and be a cheerleader for the cause, you got upset and even more so when Mepps decided to mention my view.

I'm not Mepps' spokesperson, Mepps is capable of speaking for himself and he has. What you really dislike though is that I'm not being yours and you want your marks back ;)
  19. Proxystar #Perception

oh..... Oh.... well this is awkward :D
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2