Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. STsource Well-Known Player

In current patch notes says they reduced the amount in the raid, why?

Is like 10 source marks every 5 minutes its not game breaking at all.

smh
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Doomsday raid is probably next.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

NVM they got Doomsday too xD
    • Like x 1
  4. STsource Well-Known Player

guess next place could be necropolis
    • Like x 1
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

What about Paradox?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What about Paradox? That's a long raid. No one's running that for quick source Marks.
    • Like x 2
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i figured this was coming
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No we'll still probably run DD and FoS3 depending on how bad they reduced the reward.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So, they make a change to the game to give 'unlimited' access to source marks....some people take advantage of it....so they take it away from the main places it benefited (quick runs).
    [IMG]

Wonder if they will be reducing SM prices on the pets/allies as well? No? Oh....yeah, that figures.

I'd guess that the next step to 'fixing' things is to remove any of the desirable runs from Omni queue as well, to force us to run the crap runs everyone skips. Fun...whether you like it or not.
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Hopefully this means I won't have to run FOS3 3-4 times in a row. I would have preferred a 15-20 minute cooldown from running the same raid again, but oh well.
    • Like x 4
  11. Kreachure Committed Player

I'm not someone who typically spams FoS3 or Doomsday for marks so I'm not really upset about it personally, but I genuinely believe an update like this only serves to annoy the player base. The game already has bad player retention issues & making little unnecessary changes like this just add up and begin to push people away.

There are plenty of options to gain 10 source marks within 10 minutes or less. Different players do different things. Running those raids just offered variety. FoS3 has been that way since day 1. Why change it now? Reducing the amount of marks seems redundant. It was nowhere near game breaking and now players are just gonna find the next fastest raid or method and spam that. What happens then? Does that method get nerfed? What's the thought process behind an update like this?

In my opinion, really weird and random decision. Thoughts gamers?:confused:
    • Like x 11
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It didn't bother me initially, but the more I think about it, the more it does irritate me. I queue Omni, expecting a certain number of marks for the instance I'm put into at the whims of fate. Altering my reward, changes Omnibus. I now have two things to worry about. Am I going to get into a raid that will wipe constantly and end up disbanding, And, will I get into a raid with reduced rewards. One is a player created scenario, and ultimately up to me to help or not. The second is a scenario put in place by the developers, and cripples the equanimity of Omnibus. Every time I get into a difficult or frustrating run, it's a good feeling to get into something that breezes past.

This is where my 15 minute cooldown would help. It would slow down the spamming of these runs.
    • Like x 2
  13. LipstickHeroine Active Player

Wait..., what? They are reducing the marks you can get?
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

They are right in adjusting rewards based on length/time though. If you queue Omnibus and get a Deluge alert.. that was short because it was event content converted to DLC. On the flip side, if you got STAR Labs alert, then you're going to have to cancel an appointment or two!

I think the better solution would have been to increase rewards for the edge case long instances. Generally you don't want to reduce something that has always been a certain way. When it comes time to evaluate solos, you can't reduce below 1 mark... Mannheim Chinese Theater vs Scarlet Speedster.
    • Like x 7
  15. LipstickHeroine Active Player

This. This seems the best option. Why not this?
    • Like x 2
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

To me the issue is equanimity, if I click on Omnibus and Raid, I should know what I'm getting. if it's a tough run or an easy run, that's the luck of the draw. Changing the rewards given changes the nature of Omnibus.
    • Like x 2
  17. LipstickHeroine Active Player

I do random Omni raids primarily and many of them unfortunately for any number of issues end up not working out, or are extended lengthy runs. You never know what you might get. Having these quick raids with a decent reward was a great balance to all of the time spent wasted otherwise. I think this is a bad move. Why should players who randomly join be penalized?
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was a big advocate for Omnibus, that game change got me back into the game after a years long break. This change is a wedge into the door altering the very purpose of Omnibus, and putting potholes into the level playing. This is a fix in search of a problem.
  19. MxOiE Level 30

Give 3 examples of raids/alerts/solos giving 10 source marks within 10 minutes or less besides FOS and DD raid.

While you're at it, give examples of ways to get 10 source marks within 10 minutes or less that don't require using replays in order to spam.
    • Like x 1
  20. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

They got sick of people spamming it constantly and ignoring the rest of the content it seems. Just guessing.

‘Play your way! But first……’

1. Clamp
    2. Reduce sm in the instances people play to speed the process up.
    3. Nerf powers/arts/allies after people spend money on them.
    4. Ignore one of the most requested things people ask for (pvp) while shoving filler, reused content on us.

But really…..’play your way!’
    • Like x 5