Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

Agreed; I am also annoyed about this change and not as angry as others are. I think Mepps could have explained the change a little better. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Achikah All About That Base

I understand a time-to-mark ratio being implemented, but if this is the case, then I feel several Alerts need to be buffed for how long they take: Arkham Asylum, Coast City, STAR Labs, Gotham City Courthouse, etc etc.

In fact, most T1 alerts take more time than over half the raids in the game, yet we're allotted only 5 source marks. If time-to-mark is the main concern, shouldn't those be buffed? If so, I might consider running them again when they pop for my omni queue.
    • Like x 8
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, but we should never be talking about adding something to slow down 100% of the game to address an issue in maybe 10% of the content, used by maybe 25% of the players. It's killing a cockroach with a cannon.

And since the shutdown is about an hour, doing the raid right before shutdown doesn't really benefit anyone as the timer would be over before the servers come back up anyway. Yes you might 'avoid' the timer, but as no one was running anything in that time, does it add a benefit?

I'm all for alternative solutions, but making the game even slower is not one of them. One sure way to kill something, hobble it. Just ask this lady.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Skoll Well-Known Player

Lol, let’s do a quick recap since the House Of Legends GU which was 1 year ago (in non chronological order);

2 episodes.
    Clamped content.
    A flood of developers have left including the Lead.
    Developer communication and interaction in constant decline (the last live stream was 4 months ago, for example).
    A blatant cash grab in Allies.
    No cross-faction.
    No multi-platform cross-play. (aside from ps/pc)
    No graphics update.
    No new power.
    One UI upgrade.
    And to top it off, no longer being able to farm source marks.

Whats the goal here? Whats the point of logging in anymore after weekly resets? I don’t know about most of you guys, but I don’t have the time to shout LFG for 20 minutes hoping to get a group who knows what they’re doing and THEN do a raid, or blind queue and spend 45+ minutes in a raid with 7 people sharing 1 braincell in mixed gear, rainbow augs, one lvl 1 pied piper artifact and 50sp between them. It would be nice to play with league members of course, but we don’t all schedule our game time…

Pretty much nails it for me, do the Thursday reset raids and WBs then log off again until the next Thursday. At least, until the next episode, whenever that’ll be, if that’ll even be. The recent remix BB stinks of a final cash grab imo. Something you’re not telling us that you should devs?
    • Like x 6
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Most of the things on your list aren’t even related to the last 2 months. You basically just added random things to make it look worse than it is.

I can do the same to make them look better than they are.

2 new episodes have been released since
    More ways to get level arts have been added
    Multiple events (including double nth have come and gone
    More devs have been hired
    Blue bottle style has been released
    You can buy a stabilizer weekly with fate tokens now
    New feature in ally released
    Source marks added to EEG so you CAN farm source marks
    • Like x 3
  7. myandria Item Storage

Um...
    I think you got it wrong; the idea is to have a cooldown for the raid itself, not the game. I dont think that having a cool down for a couple of high SM payout raids is going to slow down 100% of the game (unless I am wrong and please correct me on that). And yes, some people would be petty enough to do a raid just before shutdown to avoid a timer; it would not be the first time.

Even a hobbler can make do (my current situation) :D
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....if there were a way to cooldown THAT particular raid (or raids) sure...that would be fine. Sounded like it would be a 15 min cooldown on 'raids'. Not sure how they'd code that really, other than putting in a reset, like the OW bounties have in WV/LLL so you can't loot phase after phase. Although, if it were a 15 min on those few raids, do FOS3, then DD, then Necro...rinse, repeat. Cooldown negated.

For that 'fix', put in a 15 min 'reset' on ALL EEG. Feat runs aren't really dependent on marks, longer runs it wouldn't matter, as they'd reset by the time you returned, and spams would be slowed down some.

I don't really care personally, as I don't spam for marks. I have enough to get what I want/need 10x over. What I don't like is the fact they are trying to funnel people into doing what they want us to do. It happened with the clamp...now it's being further refined. Again, I'd expect to see it with bounties or more runs next. Will it really make the game 'better'? No...will it make the changes look to be more of a success? Maybe.
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...I was very exicted for the Blue Bottle style.
    [IMG]

Finally!!!;)
    • Like x 5
  10. myandria Item Storage

True, good point. I spam for feats more than source marks so I understand. That is why I stated that it is a good idea to build upon. As I have stated earlier to Mepps, I hope they look at raids/alerts at the other end of the spectrum; raids that are very long and/or have difficult mechanics but are not satisfactory with rewards.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Pretty
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It didn't work on me, I still refuse to play any clamped content. I missed out on the Wonderverse spot light because if that, even though Wonderverse was my fav DLC. But it's a matter of principle to me, now. I'm not really sure I'm understanding what Daybreak/Dimensional Ink are trying to accomplish here with the change (adjustment?).
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Having to 'endure' the clamp is fine...and it is a choice. However, SM are needed, so we DO need to get them somewhere. Making them available in old content sounds great, but once you start tweaking things to make some runs less attractive, and some more attractive (shiney drops at the end...same thing), again, it becomes less about choice than getting us to do something they want us to do. I suppose if these are only 2 'adjustments' made...well, I guess that's 'fine'. However, I'd bet on the fact that they will NOT be the only adjustments made.
    • Like x 1
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

I understood why the source marks were reduced in Happiness Home because they were incorrectly too high. But this just comes across as mean-spirited.

Reducing the ridiculous cost of Legendary Alliances from 35 source marks would atone.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Hahaha, wait so a number of the posters (I could name them if I really wanted too, they know who they are) in here were angry when omnibus came out because everyone was running FOS3 and nothing else.

So they nerf the marks to try and discourage singular instance farming to demotivate doing so and now you're still all angry, some of you guys will never be happy.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The issue isn't that they made the change, it's that they took a year to do it. It should've happened weeks after omnibus launched, this problem and in fact this very solution was put to them weeks within the launch of omnibus.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kshawn Dex New Player

New devs have been hired??? Few weeks ago they told us to spread the word that they are hiring lol also they push back the episode because of staff shortage so what u talking about lol
    Also please tell me the "more ways" i can level my artifact for free without membership / without it taking months
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You're looking at it perhaps the wrong way Kreachure.

The ecosystem is the "time-reward" system. Basically it takes you a certain amount of time to farm a certain amount of marks to earn a certain reward and the rewards are entirely priced around this premise, Source marks may be unlimited and uncapped, but they are essentially still capped around a "time-farm" expectation.

If a Tier 3 pet for example costs 700 marks, the devs don't necessarily want you farming 700 marks in one day, getting what you want and then no longer playing - that's not in their interests, whatsoever.

When that ecosystem is disrupted the rewards become too easy to get and their significance is diminished as is the effort required to get there.

What they're basically saying as well is that the long raids should be rewarding the 10 marks, the shorter ones not, perhaps they could have raised the longer raids as well, but they're probably trying to decide whether that would've had any impact.

Arguably I would say raising long raids would not have had the desired impact, because players take the path of least resistance, why run Kahandaq for 20 marks when in the same time you can run 5 FOS3 for 50 marks... Players like to pretend to virtue signal, "I'll run Kahndaq if you reward more" but when push comes to shove, they're more often than not lying because it still takes more effort, effort they simply can't be bothered putting in unless forced.

It would perhaps be even more enticing if they did both, but it has to start somewhere, ultimately despite it being on some levels "player friendly" to allow FOS3 spams it's also damaging in other respects.

You say "Keep your players happy" - If we're trying to attract new players to the game is it really attractive when they sit in endless queues for content no one seems to run because FOS3 is too appealing to what other players (especially end game players farming source marks) need.

This short term pain for some players is probably better ultimately for the game long term - people will adjust.
    • Like x 5
  19. Kshawn Dex New Player

Agreed but its kinda hard as a new player to que into raids that nobody que into / takes years to que into , sometimes wish there wasnt no clamp content
    Edit : Also you do realize you guys can literally buy SM with irl $$ if you don't wanna put the time in
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that they could hire staff and still need more right? It’s not like they only need one new member…..

As for the arts… you clearly lack knowledge. No matter what I or anyone says you don’t listen because your emotions get in the way. So trying to explain to someone like you is pointless. You’re inability to use tools set forth by devs does not indicate the actual paths readily available to everyone, including you.
    • Like x 1