Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Kshawn Dex New Player

Lmao im literally asking how? Because you made a statement that i wanted to know was true i have 0 emotions its just fuuny that today people seeing this game how it is
    Also your still missing the other guy point oh which i followed up on , clearly your emotions is running high:(
    Edit: U didnt even follow up on the other guy statements so obviously hes 1 up on you lol
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

Saying players will adjust is missing the point. Yes, they will, by not playing stuff they don't want to. There are a ton of raids that I won't step foot in regardless of source marks because of the clamp. This won't change that and I doubt it will for many other players. In addition, I have to wonder how widespread this FoS3 problem really is, since I haven't Omnibus'd into it in months. Yes there are farming groups...but they're farming groups. A) they're insular and B) they'll find something else to farm and C) if they can't, they quit.
    • Like x 6
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I do agree, they need to do both, nerf the super short ones and extent the super long ones.

at a very rudimentary level if FOS3 takes ~6mins then it's 1 source mark per minute give or take so if Kahandaq takes the average group ~20 minutes then it should be 20 source marks.
    • Like x 5
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think they'll quit because quite frankly, they never do.

They'll either keep farming it or they'll be pushed into a wider variety of omnibus, adjusting the players is exactly the intention of the change.

No one likes change, but it doesn't mean the change isn't for the best :)
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The idea of a raid cool down is just absurd, it's the same thing as this change but in a different way, it's the same cat with a different coat but frankly one that makes for a far worse player experience because of the way it ruins fluidity of play.

Put it this way

FOS3 - 10 Marks - 5 minute run
    5 minute cool down
    FOS3 - 10 Marks - 5 minute run

Duration - 15 minutes - 20 Marks

FOS3 - 6 Marks - 5 minute run

Duration - 15 minutes - 18 marks

If that were the scenario for example we'd be arguing about 2 marks - the number of marks we're talking about here horribly negligible.

If you suggest the cool down be shorter than 5 minutes then I think we're probably starting to question the point of it and it moves further in to the realms of it just being farcical.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How about diminishing returns then?

The first time you run the raid/alert you get the full source mark count, and then subsequent runs of the same instance yields less and less rewards until a minimum is reached.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

How and when does it reset?
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It should reset like the typical loot lockout we have. Weekly for raids and daily for the other instances.

Speaking for myself. I have no reason to do more than one run of the same raid weekly, on the same character, other than if I had a sudden random want of just for fun. The only other reason would be a feat of some kind, but then I'd be running for the feat, not the marks...
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryll Committed Player

This entire thread is hilarious.
    • Like x 7
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I'm going to vote a no on that idea, not because the idea itself doesn't at least have some merit, but rather because the starting figure is never going to be high enough to be satisfactory, part of omnibus was getting rid of loot locks, to pseudo put them back under a system like that seems silly, simply because some people can't resist the urge the farm the quickest instance repeatedly.

Even at 6 marks, FOS3 remains a relatively respectable reward for 5 minutes of play time.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Ok... but isn't the "fluidity of play" interrupted with the weekly outdoor missions? We can do 4 missions a day but not 6+ because 2+ missions are locked behind a weekly cool-down and need lots of replay badges; the newest ones reward more source marks (~8) than most the raids/alerts do now. I don't see how 10-15 minute cooldown for certain raids would be any more disruptive than the weekly cooldown of outdoor raids.

A 10-15 minute cooldown would allow a better chance for other raids/alerts to pop in my opinion. As it stands now, I dont see much of a change as far as spamming this raid, as I tried to do the omnibus today and STILL saw FOS3 pop up 5 times before I actually got a different raid to join.

FOS3 completed in 5 minutes does not happen on a consistent basis, especially if you pug that instance and have at level or newer players queue in. For experience players who are geared for it and know the mechanics, I will agree that your suggestion would work. However that would leave out a substantial amount of players out of that equation because they would not be able to grind 18-20 marks in 15 minutes. Yeah, I know that it should, but it doesnt.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's not as bad as something like the 1st 2 bosses of HH was. At least if a group of 6 decides to queue FOS3 vs walk in or fill the group, and pick up 2 from Omni, there might be a few people who opt out, but those (like me) who just want to get in and get a run done, get it done.

And again, I don't participate in spams, but if EVERY run I got when I go for my 1 a week Omni raid was FOS3 or DD (I'd prefer DD really), I'd be fine with it. Not so with runs that would not require a completion, like HH or if other farm options like Black Dawn/Vengence were in the mix.

Let's face it...this boils down to removing the 'best' option so that the other options look better. They still won't be, but they'll at least get looked at now.
  14. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Wow devs you've really done it this time. Not only is removing 4 source marks from FOS3 and DD stupid and uncalled for but now you have gullible players attempting to top your own mess with their own crap.
    It is hilarious tho. The idea of removing or limiting what other players choose to do outside of the omnibus in order to stimulate traffic for the omnibus and outside of it to benefit the fledgling novices that are trying to level towards endgame.

What other actions will be taken when players find other content to spam? You gonna butcher that as well? At least the actions taken are consistent with the clamp. The clamp at first was met with resistance and is still seen as a big stink. Now you have no choice but to make other little stinks to support the big original stink.
    Very hilarious indeed lmao
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW....this is 100% what I was saying pre clamp about FOS3 being 3 marks for 3 min of SOLO gameplay or Paradox/Gates being 5 for 5 min. Thanks for finally agreeing with me.;) Granted...not spammable then, but we also didn't have 700 mark pets to give us the excuse to NEED to spam then either. SM should never have been a 'problem' which required the 'but NOW you get FULL marks in OLD stuff' solution.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd actually agree, as I don't repeat spam things (except for a feat), but as the 'unlimited source' was one of the selling points of the clamp we were forced to swallow...nah...it should stay unlimited. No need to start down that slippery slope any more than we need to.

Add to that the fact they'd need to figure out some code to keep you from re-running something you are loot locked in when queueing omnis (for those that queue omnis more than the required amount) and it sounds like more PITA than it's worth. Landing in MoM on omni is bad enough...landing in there 2 times and not getting paid for the 2nd? No thanks. Not sure it's possible for me to opt out harder....but yeah...I'd opt out even harder than I do now.

Besides a daily or even hourly 'reset' would do it. No need for anything EEG to be a week to curtail spamming.
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

I just think they don't realize the can of worms they're opening by targeting FoS3 for this. There's 10 years of content to go back through and restructure the rewards due to this, something the standardization was supposed to streamline. Moreover, it's irritating that this seems to stress playing endgame even more, as there doesn't seem to be rumbling of lowering marks for that content; content that still has loot locks. Not quite pay to win, but these "not quite"s really start to add up after a while.

And I'm still bemused at people saying they run into FoS3 in Omni. Like I said before, that hasn't shown up for me in months. Fractured God Sphere on the other hand...
  18. Designated Well-Known Player

Open world missions should also be free if they are not relevant content anymore
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The fluidity of play I'm referring to is the ability to actually queue for something and play something, even if you're locked from the bounty you can still play them seamlessly albeit without reward.

If you put a cool down on the raid and literally block the player from queuing it, period, then you're creating a clunkier experience for the end user - assuming this is what you meant by raid cool down.

In terms of the structure itself, unfortunately, you have to build your system around that optimal instance, irrespective of whether or not some instances take 15 minutes, you have to consider the balance around an optimal group farming something in 5 and the impact that has, more so than an instance taking longer than is necessary due to inexperience or incompetence.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

So, given the time-mark reward is the same now as it was before and now you get to farm it infinitely, I see you've finally agreed that omnibus is a good thing ;)
    • Like x 1