Stats Revamp 1.7 - Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

I'm very much against this, because it would mean a decrease in damage. If anything I would suggest making it a higher power cost/longer cool down/really heavy hitter like frost blast.
  2. L T Devoted Player

See my earlier comment about Voltaic Blast.

I see what you mean about VBolt. I'm testing to get base damage numbers, which parse more or less fairly since it's a 200 cost power, but you're testing all tricked out. It could definitely get a large damage bump if it got increased to 250 or 300 power, and that might help electric perform better vs other power sets.

Electrogenesis: seems weak to me. In practice one of your targets always dies before the damage plays out all the way. Would it be better if the damage field went on you and whatever you were targeting instead of your nearest 2 targets? Otherwise it will pretty much always underperform in content, and you're constantly re-casting it because one or the other of your targets is knocked out. Maybe the healer version could work similarly:the field goes on you and the ally nearest to whatever you target? That would allow you to still place the aura on the tank if you want or the most wounded group member if you can find what they're fighting.

When I run content with electric, I still feel like I'm constantly refreshing DOTs. Do you get this also?
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

For adds i don't use E-gen cause of the issue you mentioned. I also try to keep it simple on adds and go for more burst. On bosses i only use 1 dot most time cause other then electrocute the dot damage just isn't good enough to spend the time recasting them, I'd rather go one dot and 2 burst powers with the weapon buff and a super. Thats using hand blasters, if you pftt you can use 3 dots but i'd still rather use 1 dot and a weapon cause of the low dot damage on e-gen and v-bolt.

On adds try something like Arch,wired, electrocute, tesla ball and e-bomb if using hb's. When and hopefully it happens the new Voltaic blast gets a 3 second cooldown we can use that in the place of e-bomb. It stinks to have to use a power with the wrong pi so i hope we do get that change so we have a usable 300 electrified burst.
  4. Duck X Active Player

Yep
  5. Maxwill Dedicated Player

Have you tested the power and other similar powers?Have you seen the numbers and compared them?
  6. Duck X Active Player

Electricity's electrostatic bomb should get changed to benefit from electrified enemies. It could also use a damage buff, or another thing that could help is keeping electrostatic bomb as it is, it should still get a bit of a buff because the damage is pretty low still, and make spark barrage benefit from electrified enemies and buff its damage accordingly and change its mechanics so it doesn't miss when casted. Another thing is electro genesis dot needs a little bit of a damage buff, and healer side should go on the furthest group member or most injured group member or anybody but the closest person lol. I really like voltaic blast as it is.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Actually, I don't mind the cool downs. I can do VBolt to my PI and a DoT, clip with Wired, then do Downward Smash 3-tap 2-hold, clipped by VBlast, then weapon combo clipped by Eburst, then weapon combo again back to VBolt/repeat. That was probably the best parse I ever got with Electricity.
  8. Duck X Active Player

I think it should stay 6 second but i think it should be hitting abit harder than it is because the current damage is kinda like wild fire which is 3 second cooldown. I think it should get a buff and so does electrostatic bomb
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

All other 300 bursts are 3 seconds why should these 2 be 6? It really messes with your rotation especially with faster weapon combos. The polarized side flows so well but the electrified side not so much cause your only 300 burst has a 6 second cooldown.

Also if they are sticking to standards then these 2 powers (e-burst - voltaic blast) don't follow the guidelines they have been going by with having 6 second cooldowns.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yeah if Fire/Electric's burst is 300 Power and 6 seconds both doing the same damage while other powers are 300 at 3 seconds. Something ain't right and these should be 3 seconds as well with damage increased.

Also, what is the range of Voltaic Blast? Same as Static Push's 25 meters? How big is the cone? How many targets can it hit?
    • Like x 1
  11. supalova20 Well-Known Player

DEVS...
    I tested ELECTRIC today and well....I AGREE.....voltaic blast is nice but 6 second cooldown should be changed to 3 as well as TELSA BALL too.....in rotations it's like you have to wait almost 2 seconds to activate it in the flow of your hybrid play....it throws you off a lil........i prefer 3 sec though....and hell no to making it a higher cost and longer cooldown.....thats JUST dumb.....look it's bad enough overcharge is a spammer with no wide cone damage.... SW (which you should turn it back to extra damage on electrified side like it was) should be electrified spammer....i use overcharge but it would be more appealing in damage DEVS if you make the hits BURST every hit thus given it WIDE CONE DAMAGE like SW ATTRACT SP.....or please make TELSA BLAST as the name implies an a splash AOE CONE since its a 100 spammer....seriously no use for it being single target DEVS....so

so I say and vote for
    VOLTAIC BLAST =3 second cooldown
    TELSA BALL= 3 second cooldown
    TELSA BLAST=splash damage on every hit for wide AOE cone since its 100 cost spammer because polarized has better aoe cone 100 spammer damagers...
    OVERCHARGE=make it splash damage every hit for WIDE CONE AOE damage like polarized spammers this is fair
    SW=give it back to ELECTRIFIED side

VOLTAIC BOLT is cool I like it as a electrified PI applier choice other than AL.....but yeah DEVS turn the cooldown on new power down to 3....real talk I'm TEST MAGNACORE on test....i ran with FATAL in testing raids....check his vid about a week ago...i was electric...electric foot be on par devs.....we been down for 5 years....yes I'm been electric since it came out never change....the struggle to be accepted to how far you can push your electric toon on live...STATICSHOCK NEW52 on live....i never changed powers.....he is ready for his time to shine again....we got to get this right.....
  12. supalova20 Well-Known Player

It's full range my man....it hits like VB...its VB replacement as a burst though
  13. supalova20 Well-Known Player

DEVS or can someone else who knows please answer this ?...

Will the white tactical mods such CRITIC STRIKE III work when STATS REVAMP comes out? and will they be useful/make a difference in your toons damage? I'm asking because electric is broke on live so I figured it's not turned on or something till live.....am I correct to assume this DEVS or anyone?
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The Head mod Critical Wired will work and can defiantly help your dps but having a supercharge head might be better. I can't 100% say which one will be better cause we don't have them available to test on test server so if you plan to stay electric i would grab a few head mods for elec and test them when the revamp goes live. And the mods work right now on live server but the dps side of elec is pretty bad but you will notice a slight increase in crits.
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

thanks Crappy.....i have the mods i need for the powers I'm gonna rock and then some lol....personally I don't use supercharge for my hybrid style but cwIII should be very good when STATS go live for me....thanks for the info bud...well back to Pc testing......
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

why do we need both electrifyed and polarized PI's?
    wouldn't it be much simpler for everybody (devs and players),
    if every power had only one PI to focus on?
    look at earth: taking out daze was a great decission!
    could we pls get rid of polarized for electrifyed?
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

- Make Electrocute electrifies or polarizes enemies, so that the rotation can be more fluid but keep the same damage.
    - I still think that Electricity need only one PI, you should get rid of one of them, so that also we can have more options to choose and more variation of loadouts be on DPS or on Healer side.
    - Change the cooldown of Voltaic Blast to 3 seconds.
    - Slightly increase the damage per tick from Electrogenesis and Tesla Ball.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm against this. Electrified and Polarized are two very different PIs that give electricity more flavor. Why would you want to simplify it even more? I like polarized enemies, it's fun. Of course, you have your opinion, and I respect that. Mine's just different.
    • Like x 1
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Remember that the Electrify side does not have an AoE spammer.
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

It has Overcharge which hits twice.
    First attack is single target but the second explosive part is AoE. Total damage, fast animation time and low power cost make Overcharge comparable to any AoE spammer.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.