Balance Legends Initiative

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yeah. You should have ready my post again. :p
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You need to be all caught up on posts on them to get the notifications that there's been a new post.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrWon Committed Player

4. Mighty Committed Player

I think they did fix the MA fifth tap, because I'm getting countered pretty consistently on it since GU47. Serves me right for basically taking that free-fifth tap for granted all this time.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Are they just blocking 3 taps in a row or is it actually blockable?
    • Like x 1
  6. Mighty Committed Player

I'm getting to five (that high kick animation) and the vulnerability icon shows up above me and if they block, it scores the counter pretty much every time. I really did kinda realize I'd been taking advantage of that for awhile because you used to be able to get to five and then force them into that crappy decision of block for smokebomb and pray I'm hitting hold melee too fast and the BB isn't coming, or eat the smokebomb because they think it's a feint for the BB. At least for the PS4 it's been pretty reliable for me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'll back Mighty up. Me and others of the Hope Brothers were victim to the MA 5th tap being blocked last night during our scrims against each other. I'm in the same boat as Mighty...all this time I never really thought about it but I was definitely taking it for granted that it wasn't blockable. Hell, I never even knew it was suppose to be blockable. lol
    • Like x 2
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Huh, alright, well at least this offsets smokebomb hitting so damn hard, if only slightly.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Meh, Smoke Bomb is nothing compared to Cheetah's 4 Tap Hold or Catwoman's for that matter. But Cheetah's w/ Berserk...woosah.
    • Like x 3
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

*cough told you Enquirer *cough
    • Like x 1
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

*cough* so did I *cough* :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

So during a match (I won't mention specifics) I got tied down because I was "spamming power discharge aoe bb". I admit HB could use a nerf or two as it's the most powerful weapon, so it begs the question:

Would Doctor Fate, Lex Luthor, Circe, and Faust be in the top tier/upper mid tier if Hand Blasters were nerfed?
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

Lex would probably be affected by it the most since the reason his counter punishment is so high is because he can use jump canceling and clipping to fit more weapon damage in than any other character.
  14. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I'd say increase the cooldown on his 3rd power like heat vision. That'd be a big nerf to him. But that's his 3rd power, not Hand Blasters itself. (I'm not putting words in your mouth I swear, I get your point.) Before his burst damage was as follows:

PD > 3 > jc. Uppercut > 3 > jc. Tap melee > 5

Now with the counter immunity being extended to 2.75, you can change Tap melee to tap hold melee (fist slam or something like that). And that's kind of a big deal, especially with the weapon buffs.
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

You could already fit a Fist Slam in. You just have to be spot on with your clipping to do it. Remember the legends burst damage thread with the video of Clutch doing it :p.

I personally would like it if his 3 was made vulnerable to interrupt. It would still serve the same purpose for his burst damage, but it would make his steady burn with his DoTs less safe hopefully making him more counter dependent.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Did you ever try testing it where immediately after your "dummy" get's block broken, they pop the breakout trinket and clip block to make sure it actually fits? Many of those instances the opponent doesn't block afterwards to avoid eating a bb.

Adding a counter isn't a bad idea, but that doesn't mean it's cooldown shouldn't be increased. It's a hella buffed version of heat vision.
  17. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

God no, don't increase the cool down on that. It'd butcher his whole play style. Lower his health to 5900 or more likely 5600 then call it a day.
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

FIIIIINE. Switch his health with Saint Walker's. :p
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Been talking about Health buffs and nerfs for quite awhile, so I thought I may as well pose some potential health changes on this thread. Just a few for now, maybe some can pose some others. Yes, survivability and damage output is being kept in mind when I pose these changes.

Buffs:
    Saint Walker - 5897 or 6224 HP (Cooldown reduction on his SC would justify making it 5897 HP instead)
    Sinestro - 5897 (High Damage)
    Steel - 6224 (Two Handed; Shield)
    John Stewart - 5897 (Shield; Damage mitigation)
    Circe - 5569 (High Damage; Shield; Teleport)*

Original Health Points
    All of them currently have 5242 HP

EDIT: *I think that 5242 HP is too low for any legend, which is why I posed Circe even though she's upper mid tier. 5569 should be the minimum.
    • Like x 3