Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TMadness Well-Known Player

@Soul I used to test with base dmg...but then I couldn't get my stuff done. So now I use a very arbitrary testing which is
    • What keeps me alive
    • What got me through the instance with the least amount of deaths
    • How far was I from either being number 2 in DPS or ahead in being 1st
    • And then what made sense to use
    I know it is definately not scientific but it has gotten me results for DPS where others have not seen it.
    @Elite hit me up in game if you want to run content together.
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

@TM
    To answer your tank question, I've made zero changes to my tank loadout....because nothing changed.
    • Like x 1
  3. OG ELITE Committed Player

@tmadness I'll hit you up, I work till about 6:30 est ill be on tonight
  4. Kristyana New Player

I haven't noticed any changes to my tanking style personally, although other tanking styles might have some more toys to play with. Biggest thing I've noticed is that Fiery Weapon allows your weapon attacks to hold aggro now like Ice Bash, so it has some more use besides just a self heal in tank role
  5. Sytenia Committed Player

I dont get what all the complaining about meteor is for, any decent fire DPS would not use the meteor in group content before the update and there is no reason to do so after.
    You didnt lose anything.
    Atleast even if they use it now they wont be blocking other people's line of sight with it anymore.

Oh and dont get me wrong I play fire DPS and tank aswell.
    I did some raids to test new things yesterday and I was doing on average 25% to 50% more damage over the entire raid than the other two DPS who were electric and mental and also T4.
    For my tank loadout nothing changed so also no problems there.

I do agree that they made Fireburst even more useless but I hadn't been using that since update 18 anyway so not much of a problem for me.
  6. Captain Just New Player

I think Eternal Flame needs to be brought down to only cost 50% supercharge to be brought in line with the Ice Elemental supercharge...which costs 50%, has very similar effects and lasts longer..
  7. Darkness New Player

In essence, I agree but I think the complaint is a bug where the meteors doesn't appear on your hands or the exploding one produce little to no damage. I like that it explodes and disappears on impact, I just think it has to produce decent damage and set the enemies on fire.
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

Meteor needs a buff. period. Even when its working it isn't worth it
  9. TMadness Well-Known Player

My issue with meteor is
    • The changes don't make it effective, when the glitches are removed maybe that will correct it
    • On the other hand why is Over Heat in the same tree? It would make more sense to switch over heat with Flame cascade.
    My only issues with the meatball
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

...................................................... overheat is in almost the perfect spot. i do not want to waste powerpoints on the nerfed tree just to get overheat
  11. Tocimus Committed Player

Imo, metoer has never made sence for fire.

They should replace with the slowmoving hellclown fireball from bd.
    Also chang barrage to the lage fire aoe that looks like a mortar shell just before impact.
    • Like x 1
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I would like them to take a 2nd look at the powers positioning in the trees.

I think currently the Immolation tree could be improved by changing Spont. Combustion and StokeFlames, thus putting inline:
    Enflame - - - - - - Meteor
    Burnout - - - - - - Overheat
    Stokeflames - - - Spont. Combustion
  13. Darkness New Player

Never really got how summoning a meteor made sense for someone with fire power either but I think the just wanted to give them an object you can throw around, in which I think a simple, giant fireball would have made more sense.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tocimus Committed Player

With a large impact radius, not this new hit one thing crap.
  15. TMadness Well-Known Player

I do and they should have done it the same way... Fire Starter should have made the meteors like missiles and then blow up, causing knock back, spreading fire, and a chance to daze enemies!
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

Like the last 2 bosses can in bd? We should def have that and replace fireburst with it...they could even use the same name lol
  17. TMadness Well-Known Player

Nope the 1984 movie Firestarter. I found a small clip but essentially the main character could summon fire balls with her mind and launch them like missles!
  18. Tocimus Committed Player

@TM
    Technically that was pyrokinesis
  19. Valor New Player

It doesn't matter if YOU didn't use it. I used it for solos, and duos, and it's broken now. What's the point of having a power that does no damage at all? None, zero, nada.
    • Like x 2
  20. Darkness New Player

I did use the meteor in solos and even raids (mostly to adds only though) to finish them off. When those adds are at around less than 10% health, nothing like summoning that big ball of fire and squashing them to death. hehe

It had it's uses, until recently I was using it on the docks of Strykers in one of those dailies and I just let it roll to damage multiple adds. It can be fun to use at times.