Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes, I know, but that's the point. I don't think this part of the forum is a good place to have these discussions.
  2. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

1200 replies and 44000 views since Monday at 6 pm....lol...wow...99 percent of replies are about the high prices...other 1percent about functionality...I wonder if they are gonna listen to us and lower prices...I mean we're not asking too much we just want a fair price for both sides...
    • Like x 1
  3. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I can agree.... So since u already have a free version... And obviously don't need this overpriced convenient version... Why the complaints? Because we want convenience at a price WE feel is fair... However the price isn't our choice... We should be happy that they gave us options to get them at a better price... But we are angry because we assumed incorrectly ...

A tv purchased almost 3 years ago??? And now u are looking for a free remote??? If it should have came wit it then it would have come 3 years ago... Just because other TVs come wit a remote and the one u purchased didn't doesn't entitle u to a free remote 3 years after the initial creation of your tv...
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

• Like x 1
  5. Jamie New Player

Thanks for the compliment. With out us having actual numbers we do not know if Legendary or Premium players mainly play the bills. Since the game went F2P years ago I can only assume that either SOE really screwed things up or a pure subscription method does not work for this type of game. If we really need premium members to make purchases then we also need to think of what they want and what price are they willing to pay for any new item/ feature offered. Exluding lifetime mebers, we know that Legendary members contribute at least $10 each month. What does the average Premium contribute? We don't know. Why are people Premium and not Legedary? Some people simply can't afford to stay Legendary and these people won't (shouldn't) buy any armories. The rest of the Premiums have different reasons that simply adding an extra armory won't be enough to get them to sub.

Personally I would love it if we got 2 armories per toon as that would suit me just fine. I could then tell premiums to go pound sand since I got what I wanted and I don't care how many armories they have. But I also know that this is a short sighted approach and I want premium players to empty out their wallets every chance they get because then I get more content and at a faster pace. Its also why you see me sticking up for other Premium complaints. I don't stick up for F2P complaints since I had plenty to do when I was free so that I could find out that this was a game I wanted to play. I also downloaded a LOTR game at the same time that was a 90 minute demo and think I still have 30 minutes left of it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Campor Well-Known Player

There's no point trying to stop people asking for lower prices. In what way does a higher price benefit you? And in what way is it reasonable? You're complaining about complaints. There are reasonable people on here who have argued against people trying to reduce the price, and you're not one of them.

We shouldn't be happy they gave us options to get them 'at a better price' because the better price is STILL unreasonable. And 4 Armouries, each of which can only be claimed once, for $24 is not reasonable. Especially when that's the lowered price per armoury. People were expecting- And rightly so, given other single character consumables on the marketplace- That they'd be no more than $5. Probably less, given deeds are $3. So in that case, a 4-pack would be $20, and less if they kept with the theme of reducing the price for buying in bulk.

It is not reasonable that they gave a lower bulk price because it is based on an unreasonable price.
    • Like x 3
  7. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

We can't compare what other games are charging or not charging for certain items because if that game was that interesting we wouldn't be here discussing the prices... No game offers this type of combat system rolled into an mmo with worldly known iconic npcs such as this game... So saying at wow charges $2 for a similar item has no bearing for this conversation... Wow is not dcuos competition.. They do not have to be price competitive because no one has this type of game with these features. Even marvels game pales in comparison... Also no other game relatively similar to this game has to deal with 3rd party cost like this game does.... We have NO basis where we created this fictitious price.. On top of that being upset because our assumption was wrong... I assure u, when this feature (unlike any other we currently have) gets released, many people will buy... Just like the discussion of replays when it was released...
    • Like x 1
  8. lukelucky Devoted Player

Canadian justice adding a second build to legendary would absolutely cut sales of armories. however the profit comes from the guys who will buy bundles because they will still buy bundles. I want a 15 pack so getting a second would help but not enough. once you get to use the feature I mean come on it will be so addicting.
    I suggested a second armory for legendary to accomplish. 1 they have to sell atleast some addition legendary memberships just due to this. that would be a huge win. as is atleast one long time player who sometimes has two accounts quit and wont come back. the negativeity that comes with this is huge and hurts the game. raiseing legendary sales even very slightly while advoiding this type of feeling and some more people quiting is very huge.
    if you lower the price not every pay to play guy will be happy and people will still have an argument. most people just wont be happy no matter how they adjust this. however my way they can hide behind the we do care about our loyal customers and by adding a second build you now have the option to use armories for the price of legendary. even the guys who don't agree wont have a valid counter and how can a legendary guy not be happy with this. its not like I am takeing their profits. my way reminds them to actually value legendary guys and to grow the legendary base so they don't have to resort to extorting the clients.
    consider some legendary guys quit over how t5 was a money grab. some legendary guys will quit if this is released this way. reduceing the price does not help this our turn things back in the right direction. my way does and prevents the pay to play buys from feeling negative. at this point that may mean more than a few extra buck for long time survival.
  9. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Assuming a price because something completely different is a certain price doesn't make sense to me... I was I he thread where people were guessing as well... I made the $5 guess because I felt it was reasonable.... However I was pulling that number out of thin air.... I couldn't base that off of anything.. If we are comparing to deeds then they should be $8.... A deed doesn't give u anything but an extra location to decorate... Why would we compare something like a deed to an item that will has many different uses and is for pure convenience... A extra deed is purchase just to have another base but an armory is purchased to save ur self time so u can spend your valuable gaming time actually playing vs allocating skill points... It also will enable people to be more versatile in all aspects of ur toon... With these features in mind, can u really compare this to a deed??
    • Like x 1
  10. Vulpis New Player

Actually, it's more like trying to sell you batteries for the remote at a price nearly what you paid for the TV in the first place.
    Or, perhaps, HP's practice of selling you partly-full inkjet cartridges and throwing in a free printer. ;-)
    • Like x 6
  11. Jamie New Player

Yes we can compare DCUO to other MMO's. DCUO does amny things similarly to other MMO's but they also do somethings differently. We have a very strong basis on what the price should have been. I'm not upset, I want SOE to make money off of this feature but highly doubt that they will break evven at this price point. I doubt that even 20% of the people will buy 1 and less than 5% will buy more than 1 unless SOE changes the pricing. For everyone else it will just be another reason to question why we play this game instead of another.
  12. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Key word... Convenience... People pay for it.. U don't need it but it makes life easier... That's why the price...
    • Like x 1
  13. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

The remote is prob the most useful addition for a tv since inception, yet the remote isn't even a selling point or an extra.... why???...because every competitor is already offering this for free & have been.

I dnt mind paying for armories...the problem is i dnt think the pricing is even close to the value of production of even a dlc...much less the cost of a 60 game w/ years of production involved. Im glad they made them & i will buy 15 of them, but not until they channel Bob Barker & make the Prices Right.

If they need to increase profits to support the game...have some1 just making vanity items all day...id buy that for a dollar.

[IMG]
  14. Campor Well-Known Player

You clearly don't understand the capabilities of a base. It means having multiple amenities, and multiple forms of customization. Armouries do nothing but save what you can already do. They are not worth more than a base, and they are still one per character. Armouries do not have multiple different uses. It has one purpose- Saving spec, style and equipment. That's it. It can not do everything a base is capable of doing.

And note, almost all of those features? They're free in other games. Even for free players, not just subscribers. City of Heroes and Champions Online are good examples. Bases are more unique in that regard, so if anything, a deed should be $8 while an Armoury should be $3.

And yes, you can compare the prices to similar things in other games because like it or not, they ARE competition. They certainly are for me. I love this game, I do, but I don't like the fact that it looks a lot like they're asking way too much for something other games have for free. I don't mind paying for armouries. I was going to buy a few at a reasonable price. Now I'll buy none, and this has soured me on their selling tactics. Champions Online isn't a perfect game, and I don't find the actual gameplay and combat as fun. But the fact that you can save costumes and the like there for free while not here is giving me some pause about waiting it out and hoping this improves.

Sure, I might not end up leaving. As I said, I do like this game. But that's where my mind is at. And you can bet that a lot of other people are considering the same thing. People who might not have such a likening for the combat here. And if that's not what holds them, there's really little else to keep them here.
    • Like x 1
  15. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

1 million player
    20% equals 200,000 customers buying 1 armory at $8 = 1,600,000
    5% equals 50,000 customers buying 2 armories at $8 each = $800,000
    So a grand total of 2.4mil on the first day based on 1 mil player base... Not a bad first day... But I believe more people will buy more than 1... I beleive the percentage of people only buying 1 is a lot smaller and people buying multiples is a lot larger... U can put down 15 for me...
    • Like x 1
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

man you are hard to get on board. lol but I value your perspective. you are right they do need both premium and legendary guys. where is the biggest profit legendary or premium? I think we can agree legendary guys are totally upset with the way they are valued. not all but enough and that can not be good. I just think at this point you need a win with your legendary guys and this gives you one. how do you please almost 60 pages of this is no good? my way gives you a safe out and despite needing premium guys ultimately growing the legendary base should be goal number one. lockboxes were great but the drop system being flawed messed up enough people to negate that. the loyalty points is huge and the replays are a nice token.
    this games fighting style is so far better than others and possibly why this game survived. no real compatetion. what if a rival that was similar appeared? id be gone so fast...... well I quit over armories but id never come back if there was another option. look how many people have come and gone. what are they doing to keep guys once we get them? I am a firm believer of simple science. right now its if what you are not doing try something different. a second armory may not be enough but clearly I would help more than it would hurt. any way you cut it they got to keep more people.
    one more simple science. good business breeds business. their attempts to squeeze every dollar out of premium guys isn't doing great with legendary guys.
  17. iMadnez New Player

Question. Do we at least get one one the armories free or we have to buy it?
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Every character in game will get one free armoury that is character bound. As in un-tradeable.
  19. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I have 4 bases all with styles purchased from the market place... But having multi bases only helps in porting... Nothing else... But the feature of switching roles with skill points and clothing in an instant is def something that should have a cost attached to it...

Example: I'm sitting in nexus... Our troll quits raid and leaves... Normally I would have to leave raid... Respec points... Put gear on... Set loadout... Boom I'm ready to go... But I normally dps so as soon as this raid is done I have to do all that all over again...

I also pvp with a COMPLETELY diff load out... Since today starts new pvp season... I'm looking at respecing everyday...

This is why they should charge a good price for this... A deed does nothing but allow me to port to metro or Gotham without going to he watch tower... Since we get a deed for free... U can't count housing the amenities...
  20. Jamie New Player

No idea if those numbers are accurate in the slightest. I also was talking ever not on the first day. You also assumed that 5% of the population would end up buying 3 armories but that is ok. I highly doubt that the numbers will be that large. How many of those people are going to be using rewards that they saved up? Deduct all of those sales. How many people are going to wait until a sale? Deduct some of that as well.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.